A Tale of Two Sweeties

• Total voters

alsplacebartender

Al's Place Bartender
Staff member
A Tale of Two Sweeties
February 25, 1958

Pompano Beach, Florida

Sam finds himself in the life of a bigamist married to two women and two sets of kids that are both starved for his attention! Al tells Sam that Ziggy predicts he must choose one family or the other while making sure that they never find out about each other. At the same time, he must settle up with a couple of gamblers who want their money.

Written by: Robin Jill Bernheim
Directed by: Christopher Hibler

Rate and comment on this episode!

Last edited by a moderator:
this one does not sit at the tip top of my list but i must stress that i loved little Jessica, the daughter of Marty's second wife Rachel. I loved how she could see Sam and Al and how she told her mommy that daddy had a imaginary friend.

Rachel: will you be home for dinner?
Al: yes
Jessica: Al says yes.

lol. shes sooo cute.

i also loved her little talk with Al when she wanted to run away and how Al told her that he never had a mommy or a daddy and that her mommy needed her and that she had a million dollar smile.

oh and i must also stress one more thing, poor sam, in the movie theater when both the wives tried to grab his crotch, hehe.

"Ahh i'm gonna go get more snacks"

hehe.

Speaking of Jessica... I love the

Jessica: Al says someone's looking for Daddy...
Rachel: Marty! Are you in trouble again!
Sam: Don't forget she's talking to my invisible friend...
Rachel: Oh Right...

HAHAHAHA!!!

I really like this episode - one of the most amusing episode of the show,in my opinion. I thought the plot were a great idea,well written and very funny. I just feel sorry for Sam - Finding yourself in a body of such a Jerk and try to juggling between two wifes and four Kids...poor Sam.

naggindragon said:
Speaking of Jessica... I love the

Jessica: Al says someone's looking for Daddy...
Rachel: Marty! Are you in trouble again!
Sam: Don't forget she's talking to my invisible friend...
Rachel: Oh Right...

HAHAHAHA!!!
I especially love

Jessica: Al says we should go now, he says someone's looking for daddy
Rachel: Marty have you been gambling again
*Al nods*
Jessica: Al says yes

isz said:
try to juggling between two wifes and four Kids...poor Sam.
Yes and especially because both wifes are all over him uncomfortably. Poor guy

The interactions with the children were both funny and sad, because they all were just starving for attention. I like how Sam leaves his host in quite a predicament at the end of the episode. Marty deserved that.

Yeah and might I point out it took many veiwings of this episode to finally understand something. Sam is devising a plan to solve Marty's problem and the only thing he will tell Al is that he knows something Marty does not know. I so did not get what he meant by that for the longest time and was ticked that they did not really explain. But now I see, what Marty did not know is that both families are very unhappy with him. Sam's task was to ensure that Marty only had one wife and he mentioned that while he spent time with each he was trying to determine who needed him the most. If you watch closely neither of them do, they were both equally miserable with him so what they needed was to get rid of him. So that's what Sam knew that Marty did not. As it turns out it appears that rather than to choose Marty a wife; he was really there to set both Elroy families free of the scuzz ball.

So I was just very glad that I finally understood that.

I love it when others can see Al. It always adds a different tone to the episode. Al did a great job of discouraging Jessica from running away.

Not two wives and families, but THREE? That was an interesting twist.
It makes sense that Sam wouldn't tell Al about his plan to tell the truth. Al would have pestered him to no end, trying to get Sam to change his mind.

Did they explain about the horse race and how Sam knew the winner's name?

He didn't exactly knew,he had a instinct because of the odds(1:50,if i remember Correctly),that in a case of a win will cover His host's entire debt.

I also think that "Marty" coming clean and having a clean break with both Rachel and Ellen meant that the children could have had a more healthy relationship with him and not so much animosity between him and their mothers. There's nothing worse than when one parent badmouths the other to or in front of their children...

Amusing in a lot of ways, although the guy he leaped into was a dirty rat. What a dilemma for poor Sam. :) I thought the interaction with the kids was the best part of the episode, and Al convincing the little girl not to run away was touching. I also liked how Marty got what he deserved in the end when both women left him.