Quantum Leap: A Leap to Di For NOW ONLINE!

alsplacebartender

Al's Place Bartender
Staff member
A message from director Chris Allen regarding the Fan-Film that premiered at the convention:

Dear Friends,

Finally!! The fan-film is uploaded and is ready to play! We have two formats available for you... a large and small format. Both are Flash based files (flv), so be sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed before viewing the fan-film!

To view the fanfilm, go to this link here: http://racsofilms.com/QL-agreement.htm

After viewing the free fan film, please come back to our message boards and tell us what you think! Well, don’t be crude or vulgar, but we do appreciate your feedback. After all, this was made for ALL the fans worldwide.

I’ll look into providing subtitles for various languages, but it may be some time before I can provide that. Please be patient as this is a one-man operation.

Thanks to everyone, and I hope you enjoy the show!!

Best regards,

RACSO Motion Pictures

Considering A LEAP TO DI FOR is the closest thing we have gotten to an actual Quantum Leap episode since May 5, 1993, I applaud the entire cast and crew for a job well done.

However, I still do have to chuckle...Joshua Ramsey who played Sam Beckett looked (and at times even sounded like) Jim Carrey. When he leaped, I was partially expecting him to go from blue to green...and leap into THE MASK!

"That's it I'm outta here!"
-Al in Mirror Image when Sam is explaining the happenings of Al's Place.

The leap out provided many fantasies for the men...and I'm sure Beth Horn is more than used to that! I took a picture or two with her at the convention, but my camera got nervous and my pictures with Beth turned out all blurry.

Ed Ernstes did a pretty good job as Al. Lucky son of a gun got to work the handlink along with Ladonna Pettijohn. As far as Ed's "Al-isms" go, he was fairly good. Maybe a tad stiff at times and missed some of the expressions Al would have. When he got back online with Sam and took a look Meredith and said "Oh La La", I would have envisioned Al doing more of a sneer, piercing his eyes, taking a puff of his cigar and perhaps raising an eyebrow and saying something like, "Well, well, well...what/who do we have over here???"

I was amused by the fact that the handlink had to be updated, the Ipod reference and, of course, the blue screen of death.

Major kudos and blessings to Deborah Pratt for reprising her sexy, seductive and subtlely sarcastic voice of "Ziggy" the super computer with the big ego to go along with Al, the hologram with a huge libido.

It also would have been nice for Gooshie to play more of a role and have a few lines.