Family Guy Quantum Leap crossover

Yep, Limewire is a sure fire way to bloat out your system and get infected with both viruses and various other forms of malware. Try a bittorrent client like BitComet and then get the eps from a site like www.bitenova.org

But erh... you didn't hear from me ok? :p

I recently saw another Family Guy QL crossover.

It is in the episode "Road to the Multiverse", where Stewie and Brian travel to several different parallel universes.

Unfortunately, the device they are using goes on the blink, and they are unable to get back to their own universe.

Towards the end, Stewie says "I just hope this leap... will be the leap home..."

I didn't even know that we had a thread for this. I saw that episode as well, and I agree that it was hilarious. I actually stopped and asked myself "did they just make another Quantum Leap reference?"

I also agree that the Disney part was one of the best parts.

The Al bit was funny!
I wish Family Guy would stick to stuff like this instead of just trying to shock its audience with tasteless sodomy,incest and bathroom jokes.
At times the show can be very clever and satirical,but I can honestly live without all sick for the sake of being sick stuff.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Chris Ware creator of "Jimmy Corrigan,the smartest kid on Earth" threatened Seth MacFarlane with a lawsuit alleging he stole the idea of Stewie from him.
The resemblance is remarkable.
If this link works you should be able to click on it and see what Jimmy Corrigan looks like.

001-05282004_jimmy.jpg

Last edited:
More QL on Family Guy!

In the Season 9 Episode "Friends of Peter G.", Peter dies in a car accident he caused by drink-driving. Death appears and says that he can give Peter a second chance, but has to show Peter what his life will be like if he remains a drunk, and also what his life would have been like if he'd never touched a drop.

Each transition looks suspiciously like a certain Quantum Leaping effect ;)

Yet another Quantum Leap reference on Family Guy :D

On the most recent episode "Back to the Pilot", Brian tells Stewie that he found the most awesome thing in the world in the back yard... A tennis ball. He also tells Stewie that he had one many years ago but that he buried it and couldn't remember where. Since he knew the date he buried it, Stewie and Brian use Stewie's time machine to travel back to that date, to discover where Brian had buried it.

The date they travel to is the same date as the pilot episode of the series. Anyway, they find where Brian buries the tennis ball, and Brian is about to dig it up, when Stewie warns him that even the tiniest change could alter the future in unimaginable ways. Brian asks what TV show Stewie learnt that from, Stewie says "Quantum Leap..." to which Brian replies "What he HELL! That guy changed history all the time!" HAHAHA

Actually quite an entertaining episode :)

Normally, I would NEVER watch a clip from Family Guy, but I HAD to see these! I didn't know that Quantum Leap was mentioned anymore, guess I'll have to start paying real close attention. Thanks, I learned a lot, and just from reading out of 1 thread! :lol

For those of you just joining us, here is a list of all the clips from Family Guy referencing Quantum Leap that we know of...

Series 2 "If I'm Dyin', I'm Lyin'": In a cutaway scene which shows a terminally ill child living out his dream of being on Hollywood Squares, the host asks him "What is below Absolute Zero?" to which the child replies "My white blood cell count...", and Scott Bakula is the first celebrity to have a close up laughing.

Series 3 "The Kiss Seen Around the World": In a near-death experience, Meg Griffin has kissed Neil Goldman. The next day, Neil has spread that he and Meg are now a couple, to which Meg is shocked and appalled. The Imaging Chamber door opens next to Neil and Al Callavici steps out, and when asked, informs "Neil" that he hasn't leapt because Meg doesn't love Neil yet.

Series 5 "The Father, the Son and the Holy Fonz": Peter Griffin has abandoned Christianity and is trying to find a religion that fits. As a Jehovah's Witness, he goes door knocking to spread the word of the miracle of Jesus Christ. When one man asks him to explain, we find that Peter does not actually know anything and instead makes up a story about how Jesus "went from place to place, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home", and a cutaway scene of Jesus Quantum Leaping...

Series 8 "Road to the Multiverse": Stewie and Brian are exploring parallel universes, but are unable to get back to their own universe due to the returning device not functioning properly. Each transition to a different universe looks like the Quantum Leaping effect, and when they believe they have fixed the returning device, Stewie states that he hopes "this next leap, will be the leap home..."

Series 9 "Friends of Peter G": Death has arrived to show Peter what his life will be like if he continues drinking and what his life will be like if he stops drinking. Each transition has a Quantum Leap effect.

Series 10 "Back to the Pilot": Brian and Stewie have travelled back to 1999 in order to discover where Brian buried a tennis ball. Stewie warns Brian not to do anything that could alter the future, as it could be dangerous. Brian asks where he learnt that from, and Stewie replies "Quantum Leap". Brian's reaction is "What the HELL?! That guy changed history all the time!"

If anyone would like to create clips of these episodes to put in our library, I'm sure it would be very much appreciated :D

A couple more Quantum Leap references on Family Guy:

Stewie's appearance at Chris and Vanessa Griffin's wedding in Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story also resembles the typical "leap" effect.

In "Burning Down the Bayit", Quagmire looking in the mirror and seeing another person, this being Scott Bakula is a reference to Quantum Leap in which his character looks in the mirror and sees his host, another person.

Quantum Leap is parodied as Quantum Creep in "Vestigial Peter" when Sam arrives in 1972 and decides to show his penis to some kids.

And also a very un-funny reference on American Dad, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQptsms8bM

And another, in the latest episode (Season 12 - 3 Acts of God), Death takes Peter, Joe, Quagmire and Cleveland to heaven to talk to God. Their transport looks like Quantum Leaping :)