Thank you, thank you, thank you!

JulieB

Project QL Intern
Dec 13, 2008
Deep in the heart o' Texas
Folks, this convention rocked.

To Brian and the entire concom: You guys did a great job. I know all about what it takes to put on an event like this, and ya done good! Now get some sleep. That's an order.

Marc: You rock. I know I already told you that, but...

Everyone here on the board: It was so nice to meet you all in person.

And to all of the above and everyone else: Thank you for your kindness, Thank you for stopping by to talk to the authors. My hand still hurts from all the signings, and that's never happened before!

I'll be out of touch for a couple of days, but I'll be back.

And keep bugging me to finish that QL novel, okay?

I want to thank everyone for putting together such a tremendous convention. I hope Brian is catching up on sleep now because he didn't get much at all. Yes, it's nice to drive stars to and from the airports, their hotels, etc. but after 3 days I'm sure it was getting a bit tiring. :)

Scott and Don were on stage and Dean on the phone and I looked over at Brian and said "You did this. You made this happen."

Glad I got to meet you in person as well as some other Al's Place members.

I agree, the convention rocked! It was just the right size (no seat was a bad seat, and no seat was 40 miles from the stage like that company that puts on conventions all the time!) and the personalization process for Scott was a stroke of genius......although I kind of missed having someone scream "no personalizations!!!!" at me every five seconds (like they do at that other company), in fact no one screamed at the fans in line at all....it was quite refreshing! And enjoyable! Thanks!

Marc, you are the host with the most. :bow:bow:bow

The entire convention committee rocks massively!

Seriously, Marc was on that stage from morning 'til night. And all the committee members were constantly buzzing around the hall or back and forth to the autograph room. There was a whole sound and light crew. I mean, it was just astonishing.

@JulieB: Oh... you're that Julie! I didn't meet you but I did sit in on the novels and comics panel. Yes, do please finish your novel!

I must be jet lagged because I still feel like the floor is bouncing up and down like the last plane I was on... <wanders away mumbling to self>

I do want to thank the Committee and all the volunteers who missed a lot of the events in order to help make this such a fantastic convention.

It is so easy for little situations to blow up and "ruin" a great moment, and I didn't really see any of that the whole weekend. It was well organized considering there were on the order of 50 stars on panels, doing autographs, plus other events all squeezed into 3 days.

Especially during Scott Bakula and Don being on stage, the volunteers really kept a tight ship. :)

Probably the trickiest thing was getting all the autographs in a timely manner. The stars were really generous with their time and wanted to give everyone personal attention which made it a bit tough and I hope nobody missed an autograph that wanted one.

I'd also like to thank everyone on the volunteer committee for putting together such a wonderful convention, I know it can't have been easy, and I saw many of them running around during the panels and autograph sessions, not really being able to enjoy the events.

I'd also like to thank Brian for letting me be a part of it and perform my show there one Saturday morning. I'd like to thank the six people that came in early enough to see the show too.

Marc did an amazing job as an MC and auctioneer, having just as much energy at 8 AM as he did after midnight. I'm also glad to see that I wasn't the only one crazy enough to wear a suit all day in the high Los Angeles heat!

I'm so glad that you guys have all had a wonderful time, and that you were all so understanding about the minor SNAFUs with the autograph lines - the hold ups were all down to our wonderful guest stars wanting to talk to you and spend time with each person.

The committee had a great time, though none of us really saw all that much of the convention, so we're looking forward to seeing the video footage of the convention!

Hi Josh, (one of my room mates) Glad to see you got home safely. My flights home went much more smoothly then the ones out!

I had such a fantastic weekend! I am not sure how to express it. I met so many nice people. After being in the trivia content everyone knew my name. People would walked by and say "HI TOM!". But I did not know what their names were.

There were they two girls from Seattle who were clearly flirting with me.... :eek:

If you happen to see this - I was very, very tired that morning. I hope I was not rude. I thought you both are VERY attractive! :heybaby (Contact me at av1los@yahoo.com )

I was very impressed with the convention. Marc you did a great job. Once again thanks for picking me up from the airport!

More thoughts to come later....

I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone! I enjoyed every minute of the weekend, it by far supersede all my expectations due to the committees hard work and the great fans that i met.
Thanks again!:hurray:

I just can't thank my room mate Ezilzha enough. From making the room arrangements to reminding me I actually need to eat! ;) ( we got food for the room) to being patient about the money for the room.

Yes, thank you Ezilzha. Though I didn't get to spend much time talking to you (or Tom for that matter), thanks for sharing the food, and the room.

Tom, glad your flight got home safely, and I didn't have quite as much trouble at LAX with my time machine as I did at MCI. I think having my picture in the program with it helped a bit!

See everyone at the 50th! ;)

I agree bravo to everyone involved. This was my first convention and I loved it. every memory I will treasure in my heart. Marc is the man he is hilarious. Calling me Miss Trump when I bid and won. :wave:wave

Marc, you are the host with the most. :bow:bow:bow

The entire convention committee rocks massively!

Seriously, Marc was on that stage from morning 'til night. And all the committee members were constantly buzzing around the hall or back and forth to the autograph room. There was a whole sound and light crew. I mean, it was just astonishing.

@JulieB: Oh... you're that Julie! I didn't meet you but I did sit in on the novels and comics panel. Yes, do please finish your novel!

I must be jet lagged because I still feel like the floor is bouncing up and down like the last plane I was on... <wanders away mumbling to self>

Sounds like the con was an absolute blast! I wish I could've been there. A big thanks to everyone who volunteered, to Marc Lee, Brian Greene(not the physicist LOL), RACSO Motion Pictures(which includes the cast/crew of the fan film of course), and to everyone else who contributed in any way. I hope everyone had a great time(no pun intended).

~Steve B.

P.S. Hope to see pictures soon! ;)

Got back to Paris a few hours ago. My fiancé and I will never forget these few days!!!

It was sooooo great to meet so many wonderful people!!!

Thank you to all those who have worked hard for the convention.

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the convention. Thank you everyone who worked so hard to put this on! I met a lot of interesting people, fellow Leapers and stars, and it was great to meet so many fans! *grins* The badges were awesome, by the way; it was nice to be able to meet a random person and know they're a fellow fan, from their badges. Usually you're all so much harder to find.

I also got a lot of excercise running between the ball room and the autograph rooms; if I could do this every weekend, it would be better than any diet. LOL.

Bring on the 25th anniversary convention!

I just wanted to add my own thanks to everyone who put together this wonderful event. Small snafus and all, it was an amazing experience for someone who hasn't been to a single convention.

I do have to say that no matter what, I will always look back on this past weekend with awe and wonderment. Although I would love to say that meeting Scott Bakula and the other stars present was the highlight of the weekend, I can't really say that. Don't get me wrong, meeting people that you've written about and watched on television in various shows and wondering exactly what they are like in "reality" is something in of itself. And it was wonderful!!!

I have to say that meeting my friends and loved ones: Brian Greene, Julie Greene, A. J. Burfield, Morgan, Mike Bloxam, and Janine Humphreys (to name a few). Then meeting fellow fans who instantly became friends.... seeing the joy and fun we were having.... and just meeting new people who were open to what awaited them.... that was the highlight of my weekend. I met so many new people... so many friends... that I will miss them.

I had a small issue when it came down to Sunday with my lovely travel plans. My flight was booked long before the convention with non-refundable tickets. The plane was leaving at 7:15 and having flown in out of LAX, my shuttle was coming in at 4:30 to come and take me to the airport. Scott would begin to sign autographs at 4:00 and with where I was located in the lineup, I wouldn't have gotten to get an autograph before I had to leave. I have to say that if it weren't for a few of my new friends insisting that I talk with Jay Schwartz about not being able to get Scott's autograph. After Jay heard of what was going on, he told me what HE wanted me to do and I followed it to the letter. Thanks to Jay's and Scott's good nature, I was able to get in before I had to leave.

From the bottom of my heart: Thank you - to all of you - those who helped, those who did all the leg work, to my new friends, to my loved ones, and know that I will never forget what you guys did to make my dream come true.

Marjorie Cogburn
AKA: MJ / Mar-Jayne

There is really one, simple word to sum up the past weekend: wow. From arriving on Thursday up until leaving on Monday, I had an amazing time meeting new people (particularly my three Brit roommates - Liz, Hurlee, and Ian - who are possibly the best people in the world to share a room with) as well as meeting up with those who I've never even seen a photo of but have been in conversation with over e-mail and IM for many years. The only thing I regret is not having more time to sit down and talk with so many of you!

MJ, it was incredible meeting you after nine years! Words can't express the excitement of talking to someone in person who after all that time has only been text. I didn't even know you were leaving on Sunday (sorry your flight couldn't be changed) - was hoping to say goodbye to you. Thanks again for allowing me to speak with Eleiece on the phone on Friday afternoon! (... and noticing your message above, I didn't know AJ was there - wish I could have met her as well. :()

Brian, it was great to meet you as well after all this time. Although you were darting around like the Flash to keep everything under control, I'm glad that you still managed to fit in a tiny bit of time to chillax. By the way, your comments on a certain "annual" subject did not go unnoticed; something will be done by week's end. :b

Morgan, even though we haven't had too much contact online, it was fun talking with you (even if there's a strain in my neck from constantly looking upward :lol). Be sure to give us all a link to your photos - they looked postcard-perfect!

The entire committee deserves our eternal thanks for putting together such a wonderful weekend. All events have their little hiccups, and even though the scheduling got thrown out of whack because of the generous guests giving extra time to the attendees, everything turned out well in the end. It was my first convention and I doubt I'll ever see anything put together so well for the volume of people that attended. :wave

I ended up sleeping from about 5:30 this morning until three in the afternoon - being kept on such a tight schedule didn't leave much room for sleep over the weekend, but it was well worth it!! :D Like MJ said, meeting the stars was great, but the true gift was being able to actually talk to people in person. The memories of the weekend will be cherished by this Leaper for a very long time.

Take care, all!

... Mike.

Mike, AJ was unable to attend the convention. She only drove up from Poway to say "Hi" and eat a little lunch before she headed back home. I did try to find you, but I didn't know exactly where to look. And without passes, AJ couldn't have gone inside anyway.

Sorry. :(

I tried to say goodbye to everyone. It was hard leaving.... very hard.

My apologies.
MJ

Ditto to all the thanks - the convention was a thousand times more than I was expecting. It was so worth the trip from Australia. Marc, my fortune from Zoltar was right lol.

I need post convention counselling. Bex and I keep listening to the QL soundtrack on my ipod (especially Somewhere in the Night) and drooling over our Scott photos. Someone please help us!

I am so glad that you got to see Scott before you left MJ. Remember I was the one who said I saw Jay go into the Dealer's Room. I almost made plans to fly out on Sunday myself. If that had happened to me I would have felt awful and hoped someone would encourage me to ask to see Scott early.

One thing that just astounded me was how genuine my fellow fans are. Leapers are just simply good people. Its not so much that the show instilled these qualities in us. But that a show about a man who right's wrongs attracted those who try to do the same themselves.

I am so glad that you got to see Scott before you left MJ. Remember I was the one who said I saw Jay go into the Dealer's Room. I almost made plans to fly out on Sunday myself. If that had happened to me I would have felt awful and hoped someone would encourage me to ask to see Scott early.

THANK YOU!!!! I so appreciate all that you did to boost my spirits and help me out with that! *HUGS*

To the entire concom, I give my deepest and heart-felt thanks. You put in massive amounts of work to hold a terrific convention, and raised an amazing amount of money for a good cause. But more than that, you gave me experiences that I will always deeply treasure. I can't thank you enough.

To the entire concom, I give my deepest and heart-felt thanks. You put in massive amounts of work to hold a terrific convention, and raised an amazing amount of money for a good cause. But more than that, you gave me experiences that I will always deeply treasure. I can't thank you enough.

Sadly, I couldn't be there, but I'd love to know how much was raised.

I hope we are going to get some detailed reports from attendees and committee alike once you are all over your jetlag.

Those of us who missed out want to know every last juicy detail.

QL Damsel said
"Scott would begin to sign autographs at 4:00 and with where I was located in the lineup, I wouldn't have gotten to get an autograph before I had to leave. I have to say that if it weren't for a few of my new friends insisting that I talk with Jay Schwartz about not being able to get Scott's autograph. After Jay heard of what was going on, he told me what HE wanted me to do and I followed it to the letter. Thanks to Jay's and Scott's good nature, I was able to get in before I had to leave. "

Exactly the same for me; I had to leave at 5. I was E row. Jay says I have to tell them I'm the lady from France. I went to the autograph session with the latest of the A row, got my autograph and leaped into the Supershuttle 2 mn later.
Jay, you're a sweetheart!!!

And Marc, you rock, Man!!!:heybaby

Thanks, thanks to all of the members of the comittee and the volunteers
It was amazing!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I think many of us are in a state of shock. We couldn't believe the weekend we had just experienced. I'll talk more about it later.

Laurence, YOU ROCK MORE THAN I DO!!!!

This is quick as I am sick now and going back to bed. The Starlight Foundation was expecting to get about $2500 (twenty-five hundred). We presented Patty with a check for $30,000.
I repeat: $30,000

All of you guys (ughh..I feel so bad), all of you guys are an amazing quality of human being.

Gotta run to the bathroom now. Bye.

Hi, guys.

Just wanted to say that most of our committee is either jet lagged, jet logged or not even home yet so getting reports from our side of the con ain't gonna be easy (at least, not yet). Besides, who can remember things when they're all a fantastic blur <G>?

However, I do want to tell you how much it means to us to know that you had a good time. Please know (in case you didn't already!) that this convention was done for YOU. Not for Scott. Not for Don nor Deborah nor Jay nor anyone else. Just for YOU and we tried desperately over the last few years to come up with events, guests, auction items, contests, etc etc etc that we hoped you'd enjoy. Heck, we ARE you <vbg>.

None of us do this for a living. We're all fans just like you and though some of us have had minor experience with other conventions, this was a real first for us. So....wherever we went astray, know it was not for a lack of trying <G>. Wherever we went right....uh...it was all planned that way <vbg>. Yup...that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;-)!!

Regardless, your kind words are like manna from heaven. My only real disappointment the entire weekend was not having the opportunity to say 'hi' to individuals or simply chill with so many of you.

I'd also like to add my thanks to all the fans who so generously gave of their time to volunteer in so many different areas. This convention would absolutely NOT have been possible without them. To me, they are the true unsung heroes of the convention.

Again, I'm so glad to hear that so many of you enjoyed yourselves. It truly makes everything worthwhile!

Helene