QL TV Movie--It *is* in the works! (Well... it was.)

See! I know I wasn't alone! (I may have to take that weekend off from work so I can watch them all! ;)

Scott 'confirmed'

Scott has been added now, too, or did someone already mention that?

Helen

IMDB?

Hi.... I noticed on IMDB.com that Kimberly Cullum is now listed to play a character called "Donna Fuller." Does anyone know what that is about? This was under the cast and crew section of the movie "Quantum Leap: A Bold Leap Forward." Earlier, she had been listed as playing Sammy Jo Fuller. I wonder who changed that listing? Does anyone know anything about this? I'm just curious.... Thanks!

Re: IMDB?

It wont be the same with diferent people. Maybe they should let it lay.

They said the same thing about Star Trek: The Next Generation. Besides, Don Bellisario is behind the wheel of this project, and Dean IS going to be involved, with Scott still making appearances from time to time. I would hold off judgment until it actually airs. Of course, it's not going to be the EXACT same as the original... but you never know, maybe it will be even better. It at least deserves a chance to get out of the door.

It's funny...I remember the amount of Trek fans who were insistent they wouldnt be watching the Next Gen when news of that broke!! The ol' "Kirk and Spock are the only Star Trek for me" syndrome...and now the Next gen timeline is the accepted norm for Trek (tho Enterprise may change that)
I'm looking forward to it immensely!! I need SOMETHING to live for after Star Wars episode 3 comes out!! :lol
Mind you, I've also got the new Dr Who to look forward to, too!!!
Cant wait for new QL, tho!!

I need SOMETHING to live for after Star Wars episode 3 comes out!!

Amen to that! It's just going to be weird not having another SW movie to look forward to... no more being the first in line for the midnight showings... no more sold-out audiences singing Happy Birthday to you...

Joy

Ditto To That!

I have been a Star Wars fan my whole life. I have been speculating about the events of Episode III for years. I am actually planning on going to the Star Wars Celebration in Indianapolis in April. I have never really gone to any type of convention before, but it is a once in life thing with this being the last movie.

MY THEORY

Hi all. I'm a huge Quantum Leap fan and creaming myself over the possibility of the TV movie / new series.

I read some good points about Sammy Jo being too old to be the new leaper if the movie/series was set 20 years after Sam disappeared, but if a daughter had been conceived between Donna and Sam on the Leap Back she'd be just the right age.

My theory is that YES Sam and Donna conceived, and this child will be the new leaper. I also think that Sammy Jo, who is working on Project Quantum Leap, will be her hologram. This would work out well because Sam's hologram, Al, is much older than Sam, as is Alia's hologram Zoe.

Re: Timeline Changes & Daughters

The interview specifically says that it's Sammy Jo Fuller (the same Sammy Jo that we saw in Trilogy) and that she is a 20-something college student in present-day (2005). Yet, according to canon, Sammy Jo was conceived in June 1966, which would make her date of birth approximately March 1967. No amount of time-travel can alter the date that someone was actually conceived, otherwise it would be a completely different person genetically.

The only thing that would make sense to me is if Sammy Jo's physical body got displaced in time sometime after 1978; like if someone leaped into her and they got stuck, or if they died or something and caused Sammy Jo's aura to "relocate" in time respectively. Even though it's science fiction, it has to be somewhat believable for it to make logical sense.

I had posted my theories on this a while back, but I think they got lost in the crash.

Damon (soon to be known as The Human Torch... May was Star Wars Month, June was Batman Month, July is Fantastic 4 Month) ;)

> Re: Timeline Changes & Daughters

Since Al is supposedly going to be a professor at a college, this gave me a little idea that could maybe make a good fan-fic. I just watched "Another Mother" again last night (one of my favorite episodes), and thought it was sad that the series never had Al keep his promise to Theresa that he would be back.

The episode took place in 1981, so I was thinking that Theresa could be in college in present-day (she would probably be around 25 or so) and have Al as one of her teachers. In a way, Al does come back into her life and they recognize each other. Maybe Theresa could even become part of Project Quantum Leap as well. It would also be a good way for Don Bellisario to have his family back in the series even if he isn't directly involved.

Re: > Re: Timeline Changes & Daughters

Meanwhile, my little brain is pondering what would lead to Al teaching college.

(as it also takes a side trip thinking.....would LOVE to have Al as a prof....oh my, now I won't get ANY work done today. *dreamy sigh*)

Re: Timeline Changes & Daughters

I think it's because he wants to stay close to Sammy Jo. Being a college professor makes it easier for Al to keep an eye on her. Now the question is, what would Al teach? Let's hope it's not Human Sexuality!

Well you know the Admiral is a jack of many trades and master at none. I think he will teach History.

Of course! I don't know how I didn't think of that. What would be more ideal for Al to teach than History, especially since his mind is refreshed from all of those leaps?

McDuck said:

(as it also takes a side trip thinking.....would LOVE to have Al as a prof....oh my, now I won't get ANY work done today. *dreamy sigh*)

Jenny is as bad as those girls in Starcrossed.... the only difference... the prof would be much sexier than that dude. LOL

QLDamsel said:
Jenny is as bad as those girls in Starcrossed.... the only difference... the prof would be much sexier than that dude. LOL

LOL Think the classroom scenes in Raiders of the Lost Ark. :lol

:dreaming

McDuck said:
LOL Think the classroom scenes in Raiders of the Lost Ark. :lol

:dreaming

That's exactly what I thought of! LOL. I also thought if Sam ever did get back from leaping, would he teach in a classroom? I envisioned 'Raiders' then too! :lol

Dragon Con is Labor Day weekend. Even though that's the closest geographically to me that Dean has ever been, I won't be going as I opted to go to ELF this year. (points at countdown in sig)

Hi, Katar (and hi to everyone else! Long time no write).

Dragon*Con 2005 is Fri., Sep. 2 to Mon., Sep. 5. If you still want to go, you can register (or get registration info) at the main D*C site. You should also probably be able to get the full con schedule there to see when Dean is speaking:

http://www.dragoncon.org

Our track hosted Quantum Leap for the past several years, but it was moved to the Classic Track this year. (That's a long and painful story.) I don't think Classic Track has its own seperate site, but here's a link to our site with a note about Dean. (You can still see QL in the background photo.)

http://www.geocities.com/onub/itrack.html

Dean should also probably have an autograph table in the dealer's room.

At any rate, yes, I will be attending Dean's panel, and when it comes time for Q&A's, the TV-movie will be question #1!

Dragoncon

Wrong Arturo said:
Dean should also probably have an autograph table in the dealer's room.

At any rate, yes, I will be attending Dean's panel, and when it comes time for Q&A's, the TV-movie will be question #1!

I hope if you get to attend you will update us all regarding what Dean had to say about the new QL movie or series. Updated information has been very limited and I think we all need some good news.

Thanks

--Rocco--

Hey all...if any of you haven't read this FF yet about Sammy Jo leaping to get Sam, you should...this is awesome and I really hope that somebody making the movie saw it too..I would love to see this become the movie for real...
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1389594/1/

Note..I am not the author of this fanfic...
Also, this is the only ff I have ever found on the subject of Sammy Jo leaping...maybe there are more but this is the only one I've seen so far...don't know if that means anything or not..lol!

Oh that's great! I'll have to go and read those too! I feel like such a newb!...lol!
Well, at any rate, I still loved that story! :) :)

Hey all! I am a newbie here, and a die hard QL fan! I grew up on the re-runs, seeing as how I was 3 years old when the show origianlly aired ;). I am so excited about this movie! I do kinda wish Scott Bakula would be in more than just 15 minutes or so. They could do what's going on with Al and Sammy Jo a the Project or whatever, then do a "Meanwhile, while they're working, here's what Sam is doing" kinda thing while he's off in the land where no one knows where he is. I think that would be good...

Samantha Beckett