A funny thing happened at work tonight

Al The Observer

Project QL Intern
Feb 1, 2006
ALabama
I am a police dispatcher for a small-town police department, and tonight, our officers travelled in time.

They responded to a call at 0155 (1:55AM), arrived on the scene at 0159, and went back in service at 0106.

8)

Ok... are you anywhere near Stallion's Gate New Mexico, did you turn neon blue at anytime, and are you and your collegues part of any top-secret projects?
Or is this daylights saving time?

Al The Observer said:
I am a police dispatcher for a small-town police department, and tonight, our officers travelled in time.

They responded to a call at 0155 (1:55AM), arrived on the scene at 0159, and went back in service at 0106.

8)

LOL That's funny. My poor DH's shift at FEX started at 0100 this morning...supposed to end at 1300, but he got to see 0100 twice thanks to the time change!

Mr.Fusion said:
Ok... are you anywhere near Stallion's Gate New Mexico, did you turn neon blue at anytime, and are you and your collegues part of any top-secret projects?
Or is this daylights saving time?
I was actually at Stallion's Gate, NM about a month ago, but I didn't turn neon blue. Well, not that I am aware of, anyway. :alien

I'll plead the Fifth on whether or not we are part of any top-secret projects. 8o

It was the transition from Daylight Saving Time to Standard Time, so we saw 0100 twice, as McDuck's husband did. :)

Al The Observer said:
I was actually at Stallion's Gate, NM about a month ago, but I didn't turn neon blue. Well, not that I am aware of, anyway. :alien

What's more important is, did you see any glowing mountains while you were there? ;)

Snish said:
What's more important is, did you see any glowing mountains while you were there? ;)
Well, as I traveled East on US 380, I looked for glowing mountains, but since it was still daytime, I saw none. I suppose I could have stayed in the area until after dark, just to check, but that would mean I'd risk getting run over by a red sports car driving at an unreasonable rate of speed. ;)

So you have the whole daylight savings things happening with you. We must have started ours when you finished yours seeings as our seasons are opposite to yours and all. Can't say I'm a huge fan of daylight savings. We are on a 3 year trial here with daylight savings, this year being our second year into the trial. I probably will enjoy it when the kids are on school holidays and we are not in any rush to get going in the morning but at the moment it sucks!

I just loves me some DST! I woke up the other night when it started and could not go back to sleep until the clock caught back up to where it started. I was supposed to get an extra hour of sleep!:banghead