View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 08:08 PM   #21
Snish
Observer's Aid

The nice thing about season 5, I thought, was that we finally got to see a little of Project Quantum Leap itself. And it was high time we saw Al relating to someone besides Sam. (Whoa... I don't want that to come across the wrong way--but it's very unusual to have a character who only talks to one other character, and rather limiting. Al's role was starting to seem like the same thing every week--he pops in, gives Sam information, and leaves.) "A Leap for Lisa" happened to be one of the first episodes I ever saw, and I didn't realize that this was the first time the waiting room was shown, though it was already the end of season 4. So after that, as I was watching the episodes in order, I couldn't believe it took so long to see any of PQL, meet Gooshie, etc. The show had a great format, but I think expanding it a little was a good thing.

And no, I don't think the show ever leaped the shark. Er, I mean jumped the shark. I liked it when they tried something new. After all, just because Sam has a theory doesn't mean that theory's correct or complete.