Round Robin Story A

We're not done yet. There's still one more unresolved issue: The Bulyamias.

Anthony walked towards Sam, but this time not in anger, but in a more friendly manner. "I'm sorry, I've been so hard on you these past few days," Anthony told Sam.

"I understand, Anthony. We all act in ways we don't want to when we're under pressure."

Anthony smiled. "I'll tell you what. I have a little money saved up. To celebrate my new job, and to show my encouragement towards your daycare, why don't we all go out to dinner!"

"That would be great!" Sam said, happy that she was able to repair the relationship between Matina and Anthony.

"Let me go get the kids and tell them." At that, Anthony ran towards the yard, where the children were still playing.

As Sam watched Anthony go, he heard the door that Al used to observe Sam's leaps. He turned to look at Al. "What happens to Matina and Anthony?"

Al activated his handlink. "You changed history, Sam. Now, Matina and Anthony live a long and happy marriage. You and Mrs. Rico found a successful daycare, and your children don't die in an orphanage."

"Then I should leap?" Sam said hopefully.

"Uh... No. Ziggy says that there's still one more thing you need to do."

"Helping them might be a little harder..." Sam thought aloud. He was so happy that he was able to help Matina's marriage that he forgot about the Bulyamias.

"Well, Ziggy says there's a 86.87% chance you won't be leaping until after the adoption process tomorrow anyways. You still need to make sure those children get adopted," Al told Sam.

"Well then, I guess for tonight I get to enjoy pizza, and I'll figure out the rest tomorrow," Sam said, trying to hide his happiness.

Sam and Anthony, along with the three children and the two unborn, went to a very nice pizza parlor. It was a fun time, and Anthony appeared to be a lot happier than he was throughout the rest of the leap. For that matter, he appeared to be happier than even Sam was feeling at the moment. It was a fun occasion, and Sam could tell the children had fun, since there was a miniture playground at the pizza parlor.

One of the best part of leaps, in Sam's opinion, is the time that nothing can be done, and Sam could just enjoy himself. That lasted through the evening, until Sam went to bed, a little sick and a little sorry he didn't take Al's advice.

And the next day came...

After waking up and the standard trip to the bathroom Sam yawned and stretched. His belly wasn't upset which did please him.

Sam began to make mental notes of what he would have to do today as he set off into the kitchen.

As Sam turned on the kitchen light, he heard a strange noise.

"Sam!"

Sam, upon hearing his name being called just feet behind him, also jumped back and fell over a chair. Finally, he mobalized himself, looking around to give his holographic helper a long, hard, glare. "What's so important that you have to scare the living daylights out of me?"

"Uh, I just wanted to remind you that you're appointment is at 10:30," Al said, trying to diffuse Sam's anger.

"I think I'd remember something like that, Al."

"Well, this is important, so I just thought I would remind you."

couldn't resist jumping in and adding more confusion. Hope you like it :)
-edit- realizing it's probably not far enough into the pregnancy to get so jittery . Please make any changes you like to make it fit.
Or maybe Matina has a condition that would put her at easy risk? Don't know...can anyone think of something? -end edit-

There were footsteps from the bedroom and Anthony appeared with a startled expression on his face.
Sam remembered to stop looking at the point where Al... was NOT standing as far as Anthony was concerned.
"What happened?"

"I'm alright, I just..."

By that time Anthony had spotted the knocked over chair and and walked over to Sam to steady his wife.
"You didn't fall did you?"

This was a quick decission between a simple lie or telling the truth out of habit
"well, yes but..."

Al groaned.
"Sam you.. You ... you You!" he gestured around wildly, for once he was out of things to say. He looked at the squeaking handling, And rubbed a hand over his forehead and stared at Sam.

"Sit down, I'll get dressed and we'll go to the hospital, this isn't good. You should know that."

Al was shaking his head "Oh, Sam. "

Sam glared at Al after being place unto a chair.
"what?" he muttered, a little disoriented by what happened just now.

"To the hospital the twins might be in trouble. " Anthony started to dial Mrs. Rico's number.

While part of Sam was very grateful that Anthony was genuinly concerned about the unborns, this could interfere with the appointment. Which as such shouldn't be a big problem, but Al's expression suggested otherwise.

"What's gonna happen?" Sam whispered more softly, so that Anthony wouldn't hear him this time.

Last edited:
jassian said:
couldn't resist jumping in and adding more confusion. Hope you like it :)
-edit- realizing it's probably not far enough into the pregnancy to get so jittery . Please make any changes you like to make it fit.
Or maybe Matina has a condition that would put her at easy risk? Don't know...can anyone think of something? -end edit-

Don't know about American way of doing things, but from my personal perspective - if it is far enough along for a scan to see it's twins, then a fall can be serious. I fell down stairs when carrying my first, slightly earlier than the scan date. I lost the baby. Now while Anthony was ready to abort (which again by scan date should be too late in my mind but still) and so may not be too heartbroken if the twins were miscarried, there can be danger to the mother in some circumstances. I would say his concern is more for his wife here than the babies, and is warranted.

I agree.

"Sam, you made the situation worse!" Al hissed. "This is going to cause stress on Anthony and you! The Bulyamias are going to be very worried and upset!"

:lol

If anyone tells you that one word doesn't make a difference, they're wrong. I made a typo above, one that I didn't see until the three posts following it. In this sentence, I forgot to add the underlined word, which I intended to.

Sam, upon hearing his name being called just feet behind him, also jumped back and almost fell over a chair.

Oh well, this is getting pretty interesting on it's own. Carry on. :hurray: I'll add something to this later in the afternoon.

ohboy said:

If anyone tells you that one word doesn't make a difference, they're wrong. I made a typo above, one that I didn't see until the three posts following it. In this sentence, I forgot to add the underlined word, which I intended to.

Sam, upon hearing his name being called just feet behind him, also jumped back and almost fell over a chair.

I love this kind of thing , one unintended element and all manner of things spin off it.
Thanks for the pregnancy info guys, (it's sad about that baby leaper1, wow, one has to be soo careful... ) I haven't had any kids yet, so I don't know what I'm talking about.

Sam gave Al a look as in 'what did I do'.

"Just do something." Al said. Seeing Sam's confused and innocent expression he added more softly "Sometimes Sam, you just got to lie, remember. Say something... anything."

Sam could normally rely on his skill of thinking on his feet, but this time he needed a few seconds to catch up. All this seemed to have come out of nowhere.

The phone was ringing, Mrs. Rico would pick it up any second and with more people involved this would become increasingly hard to stop.

"Sam. Now." Al insisted.

I'm a male, so I would muddling along this issue.

Grunting, Sam was able to stand up. "Anthony!"

Anthony looked at Sam, obviously still listening to the telephone ring. He made a gesture with his finger index finger, telling Sam to wait one moment. "Hello, Mrs. Rico!"

"Anthony, wait a minute!" Sam said, hoping that Anthony would listen. He didn't.

"Matina fell over a chair, and I'm taking her ot the hospital. Could you watch the kids? Thanks!" Anthony said, putting the phone back on the receiver.

"Anthony, wait a minute!" Sam said, putting a hand on his shoulder to make sure he didn't run in the back room.

"Matina, I have to get dressed..."

"Anthony, I fell on my back, not my stomach. A noise startled me, and I stepped back and fell on my back. I just grabbed the chair on my fall down."

I'm going to stop here, because I don't know if a pregnant woman falling on her back is better than her falling on her stomach. I would assume so, but someone could still save this situation if it's not.

Ok, I'll try this

Anthony looked not at all convinced and Sam felt he had to improvise.
He guided him gently by the shoulder and spoke as calmly and matter of factly as he could to break Anthony out of his haste.

"here, see"
Sam said when they reached the chair and he set it back up.

"it didn't even hurt"
well, Sam had no idea how Matina would handle having 'unlearned' this after he'd leapt out, but it would probably be the smaller of two problems for her.

"Like so"
Sam said even while he gently sat/ rolled onto his back and back unto his feet with the same momentum in a very smooth, gentle and definitly pain and injury free looking move. He even managed to knock the chair over in the middle of it.

"I'm fine, there's no need to bother Mrs. Rico" he insisted when he was back on his feet again.

"Where did you learn that?" Anthony said in amazement, still a little startled by seeing his wife 'fall' again.

"Judo... I mean I just do... did this" Sam corrected himself.

Not sure if Sam did Judo, but as he seems to know several Martial Arts it could be among them. :)

Last edited:
Anthony's eyebrows went up. "Are you sure you didn't hit your head?" He asked.

"I'm fine," Sam insisted. He placed his hands over his belly and pretended to gasp, "The twins are kicking," he lied. "They're telling us they're fine, healthy, and happy."

As Anthony was about to say something, Mrs. Rico opened the door, almost smashing it to the ground as she rushed in. "What are you standing there for, Anthony! Get her to the hospital!"

Sam realized he would have to convince Mrs. Rico now. Unlike Anthony, she had six children, and would know pregnacny very well. In other words, she would be very hard to fool.

"I'm fine now. I was dazed, and I mixed my words up."

"Didn't you fall?" Mrs. Rico said, now standing very close to Sam.

"Yes, but I fell on my back, " Sam said, and then repeated his demonstration.

Mrs. Rico looked amazed, more at the performance that anything else. "Are you sure you're feeling alright?"

Sam smiled as best he could. "Yes, I'm sure of it. The babies, as I told Anthony, are kicking. They didn't get hurt at all, and I'm just a little dazed."

A bit belated, but this is four days over the three month anniversary of the first story post, which was made by Sam's Crow.

I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing at the thought of a pregnant woman repeatedly doing judo rolls. It's not even that funny, I just can't stop laughing.... ok it's down to a giggle now ...

hey how about:

Al was shaking, with his hand and over his mouth. It looked a bit like a hickup. He was really trying not to laugh right now that Sam was surrounded by so many people and they might wonder what he'd be looking at, getting a little pink in the process. When he caught a look from Sam he apologetically waved the handlink in front of his face, "sorry Sam" promptly replacing his hand and then realizing he didn't have to anymore he just burst out into laughter.
"this looks very funny from where I'm standing" he squished through it.

i was thinking just the opposite, how some people here add so much with just a little touch, while I babble on and on and on-and-on :)

Sam's Crow said:
I feel kind of bad now, you three are putting long and interesting posts whereas I'm just putting little insignificant things.

Don't worry about it. Think of the posts like your sentence in the reply box. They may be small, but there couldn't be a coherent sentence without the words "are", "and". They may be little, but they are needed in a sentence. Your postings may be small, but they connect the main ideas, which are like the large posts.

And Jassian, you don't ramble on. Throughout most of the beginning, when it was me and Sam's Crow (with an important contribution from Sherdran), I was the rambler. I love the long posts personally; if I didn't I would have put a limit on the rules page. After this is over, and I put up Round Robin B (if anyone wants to go through again :help), I'm not including any rules about posting limitations and word counts there.

Mrs. Rico, however, was not laughing, though Sam was having a hard time noticing over Al's chuckling.

"If you're sure you're alright, then I guess we shouldn't be worrying everyone," Mrs. Rico said, hesitantly. "Though, I think you should take it easy until the appointment, just to be sure."

"But I was about to make breakfast," Sam said. "You already came in such a hurry, you probably want to go home and eat breakfast with your husband."

Mrs. Rico, however, remained firm. "Nonsense, Matina. I'll tell you what. Anthony, will you go next door and fetch my husband. Tell him I'm cooking breakfast over here, and to get dressed if he wants some."

Sam could guess that the Golbeze family had a very close relationship with the Ricos. Sam had nothing to do now but sit down, wondering about how the adoption proceedings were going to go.

ohboy said:
And Jassian, you don't ramble on.

oh yeah ! :b Wait till I post pages full of inner monologue, here's a taste :lol

To say nothing about enjoying Rico-an breakfast. Mrs. Rico sure had practice and certainly knew how to please Kid's, and leaper's for that matter, taste buds. Al was hanging around, pitifully trying to get a sniff of it and eventually left to have food of his own. It was dinner time 'back' in the Project timeline, and Al was taking Tina 'somewhere special' with about 20 innuendoes Sam chose to ignore, focussing on his mouthful and his thoughts. He had the nagging feeling that he was overlooking something.

Getting ready he had a close look at Matina's face. It seemed very kind. The face of someone who knew how to laugh and to cry . Although impossible to tell with his own expressions on her face he thought he could read that she was a very strong and determined person. She would do what was right, he decided and felt better about giving the twins away, figuring that she might have made the same choice if given Sam's perpective.
He had half a mind asking Al to talk to her about it, though.

Trying to arrange the hair in the mirror in a way that might be suitable, he couldn't stop wondering what circumstances he would leave her behind in. Anthony, it appeared, had been frustrated because of his job situation. This didn't change the fact that he chose to vent this on his wife. If he was unbalanced enough to do so once, then Sam couldn't in good conscience Leap without knowing for sure that Anthony was back in balance for good or Matina and the Kids otherwise safe.

He remembered what year he was in and vanished a thought that flashed through his mind. No, they would probably have to stick together and there was certainly still affection between them. Love? He wasn't so sure, but certainly a bond. So his focus had to be on changing something about their relationship or preferably about Anthony. But what? 'I promise, I'll do my best' he thought at Matina's image looking back at him, somehow believing that she could hear it and feeling slightly guilty that he didn't have a solution. He started putting her shoes on, thankful that pregnant women didn't wear heels and brought his mind back to the adoption process. Which was hard with the kids watching.

"You look silly in that dress" one of them said, clinging to a Teddybear almost her size.

Everything was just about taken care of. Mrs. Rico said she would watch the children. Anthony would be going with Sam, because he wanted to talk with Mr. Bulyamia about the job. Sam still had to make sure the Bulyamias adopted the children, and somehow help them make sure they have enough money. He had stopped Mr. Bulyamia from commiting arson and insurance fraud when Sam asked if he could use the old house for the daycare. However, that didn't mean that Fred Bulyamia wouldn't do something else illegal if he had to in order to feed his children. He didn't ask Al what that was, though, because he didn't really want to know.

"Ready Matina?" Anthony called from the living room.

"In a minute!" Sam replied, as he tried to apply lipstick, something he always hated doing in leaps.

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stop himself from making a mess of the lipstick. Eventually he wiped his lips while the lipstick was still wet and went without.

Anthony didn't seem to notice. He was very quiet in the car, and Sam was reluctant to strike up a conversation. He tried to read Anthony's mood instead. Most of it looked like him trying to cover up his nervousness. Understandable, Sam started feeling quite jittery himself.

"I'll be alright, Matina" he heard Anthony say and had to smile at the irony.

Wasn't he there to support them? Well, he'd just made Anthony feel needed, that was support in a way, so Sam replied a quite honest.
"thanks" still somewhat chuckling on the inside.

Sam pulled into the parking spot and stopped the engine. They found themselves still sitting there and Anthony looked at him with 100 questions in his eyes, probably along the lines of 'Do we know what we're doing? Do you know what you're doing? Do I really want to go in there? Do I look alright to make a good first impression?' Sam figured he probably looked similar. For just a bit they sat there, just breathing.
And it was time to teach Anthony that sometimes his wife could look after him, and that was alright.

"Don't worry" Sam said, extending a hand that he would use to guide him into a hug if Anthony was going to accept it.

Sam smiled at Anthony and drew him into a tight hug. "No matter what happens things always seem to work out in the end," Sam said.

Slowly, Sam and Anthony walked into the clinic. The appointment started in about two minutes, so they weren't really early. The Bulyamias were probably already inside, waiting for the Golbezes.

Sam had a plan to help the Bulyamias. During the time between Sam scaring everyone falling and leaving for the appointment, Sam had discussed the day care arrangments with her. Mrs. Rico agreed, after a little persuasion, to go ahead and start up the business. Now Sam had a plan to help the Bulyamia, and at the same time, let Matina, when she returns, keep in contact with the twins.