Journeyman

Just starting in Oz

Journeyman's only just premiering in Australia this Thursday, so I'll be watching. Hope it's good...

darn it!! you got in before me to say its starting thursday. Lets meet back here Friday to compare notes hey? However Thursday is scout night so things may go a little pear shaped here and i may miss it

naggindragon said:
Why not tape it then?

We don't have a dvd recorder and the VCR is set up since we got digital set top box in such a way that we can't figure out how to record (I am most shamed to say)

Even HaWKE (He Who Knows Everything - or thinks he does) can't figure it out. I don't think we have enough inny and outy pluggy things!!

As you can probably tell my technical abilities and knowlege are somewhat lacking.

Just plug the AV leads coming out of the set top box into the IN ports of your VCR, then plug the AV leads coming out of the VCR into the TV.

Put the VCR onto it's AV channel and the TV onto its AV channel, then put the set top box onto (I think it's) Channel 10.

Put a video into the VCR and press record.

Hope that helps :D

HaWKE wants to know: Where does the DVD plug in

He's going to have a look later (before Thursday) but he said "Ohhhh!! That might work"

I said "Huh???" :help

Thank you for offering advice - its very kind of you:hurray:

Never mind the above - it worked. you legend you!!!

No probs taping journeyman now, i'll just slap that video "in to the old JVC VCR" (to quote the KING, funniest home video - i know you know who i mean, naggindragon) and we can meet back here on Friday for our Journeyman reviews

Yeah!!! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Yeah, it's not that hard, once you understand all the "ins and outs" lol.

I'm the only person in our household who can hook up our electronics... it gets a bit annoying actually lol.

Oh, and as for the "Where does the DVD go?" question, if there's a 2nd set of AV inlets in your VCR just plug it into that. Then you just change channels from (say) AV1 to AV2 on your VCR and you can play your DVDs that way... if you're lucky you might find some DVDs that aren't protected and even be able to tape them :p

On the downside, I missed tonight's episode, i thought it was on at 9:30, not 8:30 :(

Bexter, after you watch it, may I please either get a copy of it, or could you please send me the tape so I can make one?

That's fine. Thanks. I can't send an email though because your profile is set to not accept them. So please check your PMs.

Alrighty!!! Sat down tonight with not a lot of enthusiasm to watch journeyman (on video thanks to naggindragons excellent instructions) and well.... I loved it!!!!! After everything I read I thought it would be crap. Who cares if we don't know why he's travelling in time. I loved that he comes back to his own time and I especially loved the last 5 mins, which I won't describe in detail due to it being a spoiler and I don't know how to do that spoiler thingy, hang on I'll try:

highlight to read: When he digs up the ring to prove to his wife that he really is travelling in time end highlight (if i have stuffed this up and you can all see it.. I'M SORRY)

Anyway I am really looking forward to next weeks episode.

I really like this show. After the many adverts on Sky One, I decided to watch the series in parallel with Heroes. To my sadness, I've read reviews and I saw it has taken ratings dips. I hope the writer's strike isn't affecting it too much.

There's much potential to the show, I hope to see it develop into a great series.

hi i just watched the 10 th episode and i found it very good.But from different forums i looked at about this show people say that nbc decided to cancell the show becouse of the poor ratings so we wont see a second season.And also on the episode guide of the show there are 12 episodes but i cant find the last two 11 and 12.so has the show cancelled?
if they did that crime for second time first with QL then what can i say.
A big thank you to nbc who knows how to respect their viewers

Including the episode that aired today, 11 episodes of Journeyman have aired. NBC has the 12th and 13th episodes scheduled to air next Monday and Wednesday. I believe that is all the new episodes had before the Writer's Strike.

If Journeyman was, indeed, doing poorly ratings-wise, the chances of it being brought back when the Writer's Strike is brought to a conclusion is highly unlikely.

That's not a matter of NBC respecting or disrespecting their viewers. It's a matter of their not being enough viewership in order to make it viable to continue to air it. Advertisers don't want to pay for advertising spots in a show that is doing poorly and not reaching a large enough audience. Without the advertisers, networks will not have the funds necessary in order to continue broadcasting, produce new programming, etc. It's really a simple matter of good business.

Yes, there are going to be viewers that are disappointed that a program is canceled. They may even feel as if they've been disrespected or betrayed by the network but, ultimately, a network has to serve the majority and has to answer to its stockholders.

Honestly - I think "Journeyman" is an o.k show,only.if it will get cancelled I won't say it's such a big loss.I just hope if it'll get cancelled - they writers of the show won't leave it with some kind of a Cliffhunger.

A bit like Day Break then? At least they were given 3 episodes warning that it was cancelled - they could wrap things up...

Sad to here this though, I was really enjoying Journeyman.

If it's NBC's intent to cancel "Journeyman", then the 13 episodes that have been filmed will be it. Customarily in the case of new shows (and even some established shows), the intial order is for 13 episodes. If the show does well, then the back 9 will be orderred.

According to the Hollywood Reporter article here (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3ib294fb0f03a3a30099b846b5cd3af477), NBC had until yesterday in order to pick it up for a second season and didn't exercise that option. Without coming right out and announcing it, that's as good as a cancellation from NBC.

Episode 2 aired in Australia last night. I liked it, but having not seen episode 1 yet it took me a while to follow what was going on.

I like that he is able to go back to his own time between "leaps" and do the research needed himself. I also like the fact that his disappearances have real consequences in his own time, like disappearing on a plane and thus forcing the plane to be turned around.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is his helper the ghost of his late wife?

naggindragon said:
Episode 2 aired in Australia last night. I liked it, but having not seen episode 1 yet it took me a while to follow what was going on.?

Its on its way I promise... I promise.....:p

naggindragon said:
I like that he is able to go back to his own time between "leaps" and do the research needed himself. I also like the fact that his disappearances have real consequences in his own time, like disappearing on a plane and thus forcing the plane to be turned around

Yes i like that too but wish he'd return to just after he left, how come he has to be gone for the same amount of time he was in the alternate time period, I mean, if you are able to leap around it time then time shouldn't be that relevent, but i guess he's not controlling it.

naggindragon said:
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is his helper the ghost of his late wife?

I think she was his fiance and apparently she died in a plane crash, its looks as if she's leaping around in time as well but then why doesn't she return to her own time between 'leaps'. A possible explanation is that while she was leaping she was supposed to have died in the plane crash so if she has no anchor point in time she has no where to leap back too so therefore is just floating around in time. (not a very good explanation i know)

Quite a few unanswered questions, i hope they answer them before the big chop!!

Enterprise said:
A bit like Day Break then? At least they were given 3 episodes warning that it was cancelled - they could wrap things up...

Sad to here this though, I was really enjoying Journeyman.

Speaking of "Day Break"...I never seen(and heard about) this show,'till one day i searched in youtube for an interview with Moon Bloodgood(Livia in "Journeyman) expecting to hear some detailes about her wierd name and i found out about this TV series. After i read some things about this show - "Day Break" i was very amuzed. In "Day Break" she played the main character,who's find himself repeating the same day(A kind of time travelling,won't you say?), Wife. And a year after she casted to another time travelling show.this time as the timetraveller main character Fiance', who's also travelling in time.I though it was very amuzing.
Who know,maybe if JM would be cancelled, her next role might be the Timetraveller- Sammy Jo in Deborah Pratt's QL movie.;)

Bexter said:
Its on its way I promise... I promise.....:p

Yes i like that too but wish he'd return to just after he left, how come he has to be gone for the same amount of time he was in the alternate time period, I mean, if you are able to leap around it time then time shouldn't be that relevent, but i guess he's not controlling it.

I think she was his fiance and apparently she died in a plane crash, its looks as if she's leaping around in time as well but then why doesn't she return to her own time between 'leaps'. A possible explanation is that while she was leaping she was supposed to have died in the plane crash so if she has no anchor point in time she has no where to leap back too so therefore is just floating around in time. (not a very good explanation i know)

Quite a few unanswered questions, i hope they answer them before the big chop!!
there is going to be an unexpected twist about her character that it will blown you away:lol so stay tuned.

Just watched Episode 12 tonight.
Good stuff.

Hopefully the series continues whenever the strike halts.
First 4 episodes were only ok but the last 3 have been really good.

Well That Sux :realmad :realmad :realmad

Sat down to watch journeyman tonight at 8.30 and caught the last of Jamie's cooking show and they had an ad saying that journeyman was on TEN HDTV at 9.30 even though all program guides said 7.30 Jamie, 8.30 Journeyman 9.30 Medium. So Jamie finishes and Law and Order (a repeat) starts. So came back at 9.30 to watch and Medium starts.

So whats the deal!! The deal is: - Journayman has been moved to Ten HDTV and replaced with Law and Order on SDTV. We can only get SDTV as our set top box only supports SD not HD. This is all a foreign language to me which is why i didn't realise when i saw the ad what was going on. Needless to say I'm an expert now. It must have been a late change because even when i rang the station to find out if they were going to show the ep of Journeyman on SDTV at some point all I got was a recorded message giving the nights program list which included journeyman at 8.30.

So looks like old bug-a-lugs here isn't going to get to watch the rest of Journeyman anyway.

Not Happy Jan!!! (only Naggindraggin will understand this but it mean I'm really really really annoyed!!!)

Bexter said:
Well That Sux :realmad :realmad :realmad

Sat down to watch journeyman tonight at 8.30 and caught the last of Jamie's cooking show and they had an ad saying that journeyman was on TEN HDTV at 9.30 even though all program guides said 7.30 Jamie, 8.30 Journeyman 9.30 Medium. So Jamie finishes and Law and Order (a repeat) starts. So came back at 9.30 to watch and Medium starts.

So whats the deal!! The deal is: - Journayman has been moved to Ten HDTV and replaced with Law and Order on SDTV. We can only get SDTV as our set top box only supports SD not HD. This is all a foreign language to me which is why i didn't realise when i saw the ad what was going on. Needless to say I'm an expert now. It must have been a late change because even when i rang the station to find out if they were going to show the ep of Journeyman on SDTV at some point all I got was a recorded message giving the nights program list which included journeyman at 8.30.

So looks like old bug-a-lugs here isn't going to get to watch the rest of Journeyman anyway.

Not Happy Jan!!! (only Naggindraggin will understand this but it mean I'm really really really annoyed!!!)

Yes I do understand. I guess that ruins my chances of getting tonight's episode off you Bex lol. Ah well. On the plus side, the video arrived. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I will very soon. Thanks again :bow

i watched and the final episode from the show on my ipod touch on a flight i had 2 days ago:lol and it was what i expected to be.the fitrst halph of the show was the same with the movie the butterfly effect:lol and the last scenes of the show they were the same with MIRROR IMAGE:hair
SO the big question is ....will we see more of him on our tv Next year ?or is this the END:eek
Although this show copyed a lot from the other show QUANTUM LEAP, i think it was a good show and the actor was very good and conviceing as a time traveller.I also think that his wife was HOT and not like that donna they showed as in QL when dr sam beckett returned home.Its pitty that another show with lots of suspence came to an end and left us behind with lots unanswered questions.
But i guess the low ratings, do damage a tv show:|