Who were the evil leapers...in detail?

desirelife

Project QL Intern
Jan 6, 2007
This is one aspect that I've still been mulling over. It's pretty obvious that they must have been under the guidance of the devil and so on. But, what did they have to go through in their leaps? How did Zoe 'pick' Alia? Was Alia the EXACT opposite of Sam?
If you have some light to shed on this, please do...

No-one really needs who they Evil Leapers are or where they came from. However, that does not stop us from having plenty of theories ;)

In the episode immediately before Deliver Us From Evil, Sam is drugged by some shady members of the US Government working on Alien Lifeforms Forms. Whilst being drugged, Sam revealed all about himself and all the clearance codes for Project Quantum Leap. Is is a coincidence that the Evil Leapers turned up the very next episode? I think not.

However, I think that the Evil Leapers have gone beyond the control now of the shady US Government officials and is set well beyond Sam and Al's future. Could it be Satan? Well that depends if Al the Bartender really is God, but I doubt it. Satan knows that Sam exists from B**gieman, but the evil leapers never heard of it and neither did Lothas.

Is Alia the exact opposite of Sam? No. Why, well she came good in the end. If she was Sam's opposite, I don't believe she would have. I do, however believe that Zoey is Sam's exact opposite and that Thames is Al's.

As to Alia and Zoey's link to Evil Project Quantum Leap, well that is something I guess we will never know.

Dermie is right is his answer, however, Eleiece and I have our own theory where they came from, what they are, how they decided and the whatnot. We are the writers for Quantum Retribution (The evil complex) and throughout The Virtual Seasons, the evil leapers continue to come back, die and come back again, oddly enough.

You can ask Helen (across the pond - Leaper1) what she thinks of Quantum Retribution. It's not for the faint of heart.

I will say this much - that Eleiece and I do get a chance to take out our aggressions on people through this writing process. It's either that, or we are really evil, maniacal people that need to be put away. :D

MJ

Ha, cool. But the main thing that I can't get my head over is how come nobody is in the waiting room when zoe leaps in?
Spooky....
Does the host die when an evil leaper takes over?

I thought that what happened was that Lothos would question that person just like Verbena did, and possibly even hurt them to find out the answers that he wanted, then when they leaped back, it was similiar to what happens in QL... that they don't know or think that it was a dream.

MJ

desirelife said:
Ha, cool. But the main thing that I can't get my head over is how come nobody is in the waiting room when zoe leaps in?
Spooky....
Does the host die when an evil leaper takes over?
I always took this as Thames meaning that Angel Jenson and Elizabeth Tate are in PQL's waiting room, and Clifton Myers is in Lothos's holding chamber. Again, trying to emphasize (as if the fact that they both leaped blue wasn't enough) that Sam and Alia leaped together and it's Sam's leap. Given time (and a reason for doing it), Ziggy could have examined the neurons and mesons in Angel Jenson's brain and found a few that were Alia's and then locked on and Al could have then seen her. I am thinking this was a possibility for season 6.

The big question, of course, is did Zoey die? And many possible permutations and outcomes of the Evil Leapers have been explored in the aforementioned Quantum Retribution storylines. :)

feldon30 said:
The big question, of course, is did Zoey die? And many possible permutations and outcomes of the Evil Leapers have been explored in the aforementioned Quantum Retribution storylines. :)

I believe that Zoë did indeed die. What confirms that for me is that Thames' neural connection was completely severed just before Zoë leaped out (he scrambled and then completely disappeared). Thames wouldn't have completely disappeared if she was still partially alive. His hologram would have just still remained there, scrambling. Thames shouted to Lothos: "She's dying! Leap her out! Leap her out!" But Lothos didn't get her out of there in time. Lothos obviously had the power to retrieve Zoë any time "he" wanted, because Zoë was still within her 48-hour window of time to be able to leap back home. I believe Zoë was just playing Alia on every leap, making her think that she would eventually be able to get back home, when in reality her chances of leaping back on her own free will had long since expired.

The question for me is: Could Lothos have resuscitated/resurrected Zoë once she leaped back? I'd opt to say no because I'd like to think that Lothos' entire project became foiled and that there wouldn't be any more evil leapers out there to undo all the work Sam has done. Were Alia and Zoë once dead before and brought to life? The line in "Deliver Us From Evil" was always ambiguous to me: "We clawed our way out of hell to land simple assignments like homewrecking and adultery!" I'd say she didn't literally mean the place, but was using that as a metaphor for their lives before they joined Lothos' project.

QL Nut said:
The question for me is: Could Lothos have resuscitated/resurrected Zoë once she leaped back? I'd opt to say no because I'd like to think that Lothos' entire project became foiled and that there wouldn't be any more evil leapers out there to undo all the work Sam has done. Were Alia and Zoë once dead before and brought to life? The line in "Deliver Us From Evil" was always ambiguous to me: "We clawed our way out of hell to land simple assignments like homewrecking and adultery!" I'd say she didn't literally mean the place, but was using that as a metaphor for their lives before they joined Lothos' project.

Chris,
Although it's more like a soap opera in some extents, Eleiece and I have worked on a way to explain how everything since worked. In Quantum Retribution, we have a complex storyline with numerous people and some of it will be revealed next season in TVS. :D Ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy, the webs we can weave.... especially when others get involved as well.

- Zoe was destined to become the (evil) leaper according to Tempest.
- Zoe send (as in leaping) Alia because she owed her one.
- Zoe and Tempest were arguing over the fact that she (Alia) should
have been terminated years ago.

(see: Revenge of the Evil Leaper)

Grimlock said:
- Zoe was destined to become the (evil) leaper according to Tempest.
- Zoe send (as in leaping) Alia because she owed her one.
- Zoe and Tempest were arguing over the fact that she (Alia) should
have been terminated years ago.

(see: Revenge of the Evil Leaper)

I'm not quite sure who you are talking about. I don't know of any Tempest and with writing the few things about the evil leapers, I think that you may mean, Thames. He's the other observer that was in Revenge of the Evil Leaper). Is that who you meant?

QL Damsel said:
I'm not quite sure who you are talking about. I don't know of any Tempest and with writing the few things about the evil leapers, I think that you may mean, Thames. He's the other observer that was in Revenge of the Evil Leaper). Is that who you meant?

Tempest, Thames.............whatever.