re: round Robin 3

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
re: round Robin 3

Okay, Matt, Sue et Al

I have dared to start off another RR story.
Hope you can run with it.

Helen

Poor Sam!!!!

You'd think we didn't like him ;) All of the horrific situations we keep putting him in and and through.

And now this! OMG!

Hold onto your hats every one, Sam's gonna be put through the mill, yet again.

Sue

Re: round Robin 3

hate Sam?
Never.
We love him!
But like I said before, you always hurt the ones you love!

Helen

Now now, <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> 'run with it?'<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

You WILL be a contributer, right???

((glares at Helen suspiciously!))

Re: round Robin running

(Helen shrinks back from Matts glare, trembling)

Whether I run with you or from you depends on the direction you take and the level of my courage at the time. LOL.

Thanks to www.goldengatebridge.org btw for some inspirational details and pictures. Likely timeframe is between 1990 and 1995 when the big repaint took place.

Helen (looking at Matt in awe and wonder, waiting with bated breath to see which way he plays the ball I passed him)

Eek! Poor Sam!!!!! This oughta be interesting....

Can't wait!

Aurora

Okay, posted Pt. 2!!

VERY good start, Helen! I really had to think about this one!

Hope you like the flashback to fame I brought into it!

Matt

Re: round Robin pt2

Kewl Matt,
I love it when we cross reference Leaps - I do it all the time.
Knew you'd bring Al in post haste, I would have too!
Not so sure I'd have thought of the rest of it your way, but as you say, that is the joy of RR. I like where it is going.
Would somebody kill the crew just to save on the bonus??

Helen

Whup! Whup! - My hat's off to you Matt, nah, better keep it on. Things are becoming prety hairy.

I love the 'X' refs too. Well done. :smokin

Sue

Kill the crew? Not necessarily.

Rush them thru work trying to get as much done cosmetically to get it? ABSOLUTELY.

They had a problem recently up here with contractors working on our bridges across the river. Like I hinted at in the story, if the work got done ahead of schedule, a big fat bonus was going to be awarded to the contracting company. Unfortunately, that meant that often-times shabby work was being done, or under unsafe environments.

Sorry I didn't come up to par with ya on this one, though. As I stated so long ago, the pure joy of RRobin storytelling is soon, you're off in another tangent. It can be a real blessing to us writers to have to constantly strive for that before-not-thought-about part of the story.

To me, what made that very apparant was when Derm (Ziggy) brought in Ireland to the 1st Round Robin. I was going, "Holy cow! I know NEXT TO NOTHING about that place!" Suddenly, I was researching everything from the lay of the land, to the political sections, to the Garda (police), laws, and yes, accents, and how best to write them.

I think we Americans get very weird sometimes about accents, and everyone ends up sounding like a bad pirate or something! LOL!

Matt

Matt

Sorry, my ramblings came out a bit skewed. I didn't mean to imply that what you wrote wasn't up to par, just not what I was expecting, but that is a good thing.

I know what you mean about research.
I spent about an hour trawling the golden gate site before I started writing pt 1, and my second novella has been hung up for nearly 2 years cos I can't seem to find the answers I need about Dallas/Fort Worth.
I'll not bore you all again with the story of how my research for no 3 led to my diagnosing my father in laws condition, but it does go to prove that sometimes the research is as interesting as the results.

Helen

not a boring story at all! In fact, I often refer to that story in person when people ask how I keep trudging along with my stuff.

I too have hit a snag with my novel. I embraced several writing projects, and introduced the RRobin concept to the Scifi.com peeps (you guys!). I'm keepin' the ol' noggin awake and in shape for my return to the scribin' of my stuff! LOL!

Matt

Re: snags

Is it a research thing, or just a writer's block?

If it is research, try putting your query out here, one of us may be able to help.

If the old muse has temporarily deserted you, fear not, she will return.

Try telling yourself you are not *allowed* to write for, say, three days. I bet before it is half over, you are bursting with stuff you want to get down. It has worked for me once or twice.

BTW can you remind me of the url for your site, my son is interested in dipping into your Talanon stuff, and since he NEVER reads, I want to encourage him. He is majorly into RPG computer games, and not just playing, but editing characters and maps etc. All way over my head.

Helen

oh!

not a research thing... kinda disinterested.

it's weird, I can't write fantasy unless I'm in the mood. However, I can write a lot of other stuff, no matter the mood I'm in. Maybe because the fantasy is taking place in MY world, that <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> I<!--EZCODE BOLD END--> created, so I have to be totally in sync!

www.geocities.com/talanon_ms

I'll be moving that stuff very shortly to my karaoke site, since it will double as my "personal" site too!

Matt

Re: Round Robin 3: Part Four

Getting very interesting Matt.
I like that Danny was originally the more experienced.
(Still looking for more 'Guilty' btw.)

Helen

Re: Round Robin 3: Part Four

annoy.gif

LMAO! I know, I know!! This past week was really hectic at work, and I wasn't able to post more than a small amount. I was wanting to do another bit on RR3 since YOU haven't visited it back! LOL!
poke.gif

Matt *getting to it tonight! I promise!*
matt.gif

taz.gif

Re: Round Robin 3: Part Five

Well it's up, part five and where's AL?

Sue

excellent job!
toohappy.gif

The thought of an abusive nanny is an aspect I wasn't even contemplating... and having young Joel (not Tommy Sue!! Whups!) seeing Sam for who he really is was cute... I too would have done something about this!

As for where Al
al.gif
is, we may never find out!! LOL!

Matt

Sorry Matt,

Yeah, I did use Tommy at first, cos I din't think you'd named the 'tykes'. Then I read your post again as I was putting it up on the FanFic Site and saw the names. I did a quick 'replace' in Word, but it must've missed one.

Right, I'm off to read Guilty now