Good 13 43.33%
Average 10 33.33%
Fair 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2008, 12:21 AM   #26
ohboy
Junior Leaper

This episode was pretty good. I really liked everything, especially the part where both cars head to the cabin (my favorite parts of QL are the "chases", leading right up to the climax). It was also funny, how Sam was able to get back at Al for once.

This could have been me, but I think that their lives became a little bit to perfect from the experience. Not only do they get married, and one starts a support group that helps a lot of people, and the other goes on to get a gold medal in the Special Olympics? I don't know... That just seemed a little too much...
Old 08-21-2008, 01:41 AM   #27
marie1439
Imaging Chamber Technician

I liked the part when Al popped in and scared Sam. Al goes "Oh sorry, I popped in too close, sorry."
Old 01-23-2012, 03:48 AM   #28
Trudy
Waiting Room Visitor

Another episode where we don't actually get Sam to really perform his assigned profession. I'd love to see Sam clipping hair, but then again, I'd love to see him as a Chippendales dancer, too.

I agree that sometimes everything ends up TOO perfect, though. I wish that everything wasn't always so neat-and-tidy and absolutely perfect. A small part of me still wishes that Sam would get saved by a woman for a change.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #29
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudy View Post
A small part of me still wishes that Sam would get saved by a woman for a change.
He was - Angelita in It's a Wonderful Leap!

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #30
Lightning McQueenie
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaper1 View Post
He was - Angelita in It's a Wonderful Leap!
Geez, some people call me the Quantum Leap encyclopaedia. You're the Quantum Leap GOOGLE HAHAHA
Old 01-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #31
Trudy
Waiting Room Visitor

Great! I look forward to the re-watch! It's been years since I've re-watched Quantum Leap, so I'm a little fuzzy on most of the details. With some episodes, it's like I'm watching them for the first time.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #32
MichelleD
Control Room Technician

Great episode...I loved the scene with the twins where Sam turned the tables on Al for once. And the scenes between Sam and Kyle, and how Sam puts himself between Kyle and the nasty sheriff at the cabin are touching. Sam even told Chloe "don't make me do this" before he shot her in self defense. Forever the good guy.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #33
ladystoneheart
Imaging Chamber Technician

Maybe because we don't see much of violent Sam,it feels weird to see Sam using gun and killing people.
Also a very young Joseph-Gordon Levitt,mind-blown of the episode
Old 09-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #34
iMonrey
Waiting Room Visitor

While this was a pretty decent episode, it's one that makes me understand why ratings were beginning to drop by the fourth season. There's a formula to this show and after awhile it starts to get a little stale. This feels like sort of a throw-away episode, another that seems like it could have taken place in almost any given time, so it doesn't really utilize the time-traveling premise of the show in a satisfactory manner, with the exception of the hysterical mirror image of Sam with the wild 80s hair.

Also, if I recall correctly, in the fourth season QL was on against something else that turned out to be more popular, although I'm hard-pressed to remember what it was. I had a co-worker who watched QL and she stopped right around Season 4 because she and her husband started watching whatever it was up against because they decided they liked it better. So I think even long-term fans were beginning to tire of the show a little by this time.

Whenever Sam's mission is to save someone from dying, there's very little suspense to it aside from how they get to that point, because 9 out of 10 times you know Sam is going to save that person. I was never really worried Laura or Kyle would get killed, so it's just an episode where you kind of sit back and watch to see how it all plays out. Not exactly edge-of-your-seat stuff.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #35
blue enigma
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMonrey View Post
While this was a pretty decent episode, it's one that makes me understand why ratings were beginning to drop by the fourth season. There's a formula to this show and after awhile it starts to get a little stale.
This is kind of why I think having Al do a few more leaps might have been good for mixing things up a little bit, at least at the beginning of the season. It would've been the same formula but with Al as the leaper and Sam as observer the dynamic would have been very different, which could've made it more interesting.

Quote:
Also, if I recall correctly, in the fourth season QL was on against something else that turned out to be more popular, although I'm hard-pressed to remember what it was. I had a co-worker who watched QL and she stopped right around Season 4 because she and her husband started watching whatever it was up against because they decided they liked it better. So I think even long-term fans were beginning to tire of the show a little by this time.
I'm pretty sure it was up against 'Full House'. That's where the 'Stand Up' episode came in - they got Bob Saget as a guest star to try to pull that audience back in.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #36
iMonrey
Waiting Room Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue enigma View Post
I'm pretty sure it was up against 'Full House'. That's where the 'Stand Up' episode came in - they got Bob Saget as a guest star to try to pull that audience back in.
I just looked it up - it was on against "Anything But Love," a sitcom with Richard Lewis and Jamie Lee Curtis. I'm pretty sure that's what my (married couple) friends decided they liked watching better.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #37
blue enigma
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
I just looked it up - it was on against "Anything But Love," a sitcom with Richard Lewis and Jamie Lee Curtis. I'm pretty sure that's what my (married couple) friends decided they liked watching better.
Never saw that show though I'd heard about it.