Old 02-19-2018, 03:25 AM   #1
BJackson
PQL Visitor

Default Mirror Image Deleted Ending--REDISCOVERED!

I told you folks I found something HUGE, and here it is: negatives for Mirror Image's deleted ending, which was previously just a rumor!

Here's my vid all about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3at8cylnJc

And you can view all of the high res images here:
https://qlnegatives.tumblr.com/tagged/deleted-ending

Enjoy!
Old 02-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
feldon30
Forum Technician

This is astonishing news. Thank you so much for doing this video and taking the time to scan, cleanup, and post the photos. And very disappointing that Bellisario boldface lied to us about it.

Last edited by feldon30; 02-19-2018 at 12:44 PM.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:28 PM   #3
Lightning McQueenie
Project Observer

Here are the photos:

Old 02-19-2018, 11:31 PM   #4
Lightning McQueenie
Project Observer

And some more:

Old 02-19-2018, 11:33 PM   #5
Lightning McQueenie
Project Observer

And more still:

I really hope that we will eventually get to see this footage
Old 02-20-2018, 10:48 PM   #6
Avilos
Accelerator Technician

As I posted when I saw this on Facebook -

It's raises so many questions.

If the show had been renewed and this had been included what would the length of Mirror Image have been? It was aired standard length. Would it have been longer than normal? There would have been no text at the end but that is so sort? Would other scenes been shortened to allow this ending?

Most of all, why has Don been denying it exists? I remember at the 2009 convention my roommate asked him about the footage of the picture of Al, Beth, and their daughters which had leaked online. Don was clearly frustrated that it was leaked and wondered who did. Must have been someone who worked on QL. He did not seem to even like us knowing that existed.

Pure speculation. I think the whole situation with the cancellation is a very sore subject for Don. He has made it clear QL was the show that he is the most proud of doing. Clearly he did not want the show to end and was not given many options at the time.

Don Bellisario on why he used the name Tom so much in Quantum Leap

(Yes my name is Tom. So when he told me that I had a big grin on my face! )

Last edited by Avilos; 02-21-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Avilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:37 AM   #7
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Thank you again for sharing these!!

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:11 AM   #8
Lightning McQueenie
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilos View Post
As I posted when I saw this on Facebook -

It's raises so many questions.

If the show had been renewed and this had been included what would the length of Mirror Image have been? It was aired standard length. Would it have been longer than normal? There would have been no text at the end but that is so sort? Would other scenes been shortened to allow this ending?

Most of all, why has Don been denying it exists? I remember at the 2009 convention my roommate asked him about the footage of the picture of Al, Tina, and the daughters which had leaked online. Don was clearly frustrated that it was leaked and wondered who did. Must have been someone who worked on QL. He did not seem to even like us knowing that existed.

Pure speculation. I think the whole situation with the cancellation is a very sore subject for Don. He has made it clear QL was the show that he is the most proud of doing. Clearly he did not want the show to end and was not given many options at the time.
Al and Beth, not Al and Tina

I think that once the show was cancelled, Don might have been hoping to use said footage for the start of a Season 6 or telemovie should the show be picked up again. Unfortunately that never came to pass, so it surprises me that Don stayed so tight lipped for so long. I am also surprised that others involved in this scene also denied its existence - Susan Diol (Beth) for example. In their case though it makes sense that they may have signed nondisclosure agreements - though I question their validity after 25+ years...
Old 02-21-2018, 11:03 AM   #9
Avilos
Accelerator Technician

LOL! How did I miss my mistake? I was typing so fast! Swiss Cheesed memory... Not even truth as I shared this story on another message board and did Not mix up their names,I certainly know the difference between Beth and Tina...

Old 02-21-2018, 11:56 AM   #10
Avilos
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueenie View Post
Al and Beth, not Al and Tina

I think that once the show was cancelled, Don might have been hoping to use said footage for the start of a Season 6 or telemovie should the show be picked up again. Unfortunately that never came to pass, so it surprises me that Don stayed so tight lipped for so long. I am also surprised that others involved in this scene also denied its existence - Susan Diol (Beth) for example. In their case though it makes sense that they may have signed nondisclosure agreements - though I question their validity after 25+ years...
My guess it's more likely out of respect or deference to Don. Than anything legal. This was his show and the actors do not want to speak an choices that they were not part of making.

It's also been many years. I have discovered from interviews and online posts that actors shoot so much on a project they often forgot what was used and what is cut out. Seeing these pictures could jog a lot of memories for Dean and Susan.

Most of all I am curious what Deborah Pratt says now that we have seen these. She has often been more forthcoming than Don on somethings.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:37 PM   #11
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Thanks again to Allison Pregler for sharing the newly discovered QUANTUM LEAP alternate ending negatives with us! They are now archived on Al's Place fan site in high-res TIF format.

Al's Place - Mirror Imaging

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #12
Nellis
PQL Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJackson View Post
I told you folks I found something HUGE, and here it is: negatives for Mirror Image's deleted ending, which was previously just a rumor!

Here's my vid all about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3at8cylnJc

And you can view all of the high res images here:
https://qlnegatives.tumblr.com/tagged/deleted-ending

Enjoy!
That's huge! I don't get how something like that could have been lost for so many years. I'm so glad it's found though! Great video btw.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:09 PM   #13
QL Nut
Project Observer

Well, first off, wow!!! It's pretty stunning to see any new reveals from the series after the DVDs came out.

How about the possibility that these are negatives of still shots? It doesn't appear that either Susan or Dean were caught mid-sentence here. Being still shots, maybe there was no actual extended ending? Or, just a very brief non-dialog ending.

Thanks for these!
Old 06-20-2018, 09:02 AM   #14
Lightning McQueenie
Project Observer

All Leapers should have a listen to the latest Quantum Leap Podcast, there is even more news about the deleted ending!

http://quantumleappodcast.com/qlp-045-piano-man/