Which episodes leave you crying?

The episode that makes me cry the most is "Mirror Image". It was bizarre and intriguing but the part that makes me cry the most is where it says at the very end that Sam never returned home! That was always unfair to me. Recently a friend of mine told me that he thought it was a beautiful ending because it was a profound conclusion- Sam was a true hero and suffered the tragedy of the hero by never returning home. I never paused to think of it that way but that's so screwed up. All I would ever wish for Sam would be to be reunited with his wife Donna, his brother Tom, and his dad!

The only other things in the universe which make me cry is the movie The Family Man where the character that Nicholas Cage plays falls in love with the wife he could've had in another life had he made a different decision and knows that when he wakes up life will be back to normal and he won't married to her anymore and he's trying desperately to fight off falling asleep. The only other thing is that makes me cry hard is the scene in Return of the Jedi where Darth Vader dies telling Luke Skywalker that Luke was right about him coming back to the light side of the force.

Why do the movies and shows we love so much have to have tragedy?

Matthew

MIA gets me everytime. The speech Al gives is just do heartbreaking. Question I've stayed away from the DVDs since season 1. How much is this scene effected emotionally by the music change?

Shock Theater gets me sometimes because that's Jimmy being shocked, not Sam.

I agree about mixed feelings for Mirror Image. On the one hand I hate the fact he never returned home. On the other it speaks to the moral and character that Sam has.

Only once

I'm a notorious weeper at TV and movies (even commercials, sometimes), but the only time I actually remember crying at QL was at the very end of Mirror Image. I was watching it alone, and when that text card "Dr. Sam Becket never returned home" came onscreen I just burst into tears. I remembered Don B saying at the February con that the finale would be fantastic and the fans would love it. (And I believe, to this day he still doesn't understand why most of us DIDN'T love it.) I just sobbed and sobbed, picked up the phone and dialed another Leaper friend and we sobbed into the phone together. It felt like a gigantic punch right in the head.

SonOfSam said:
MIA gets me everytime. The speech Al gives is just do heartbreaking. Question I've stayed away from the DVDs since season 1. How much is this scene effected emotionally by the music change?

The music they replaced Georgia with is just completely, totally, and 100% wrong. For one thing, the rhythm of Dean's speech seems off with the absence of Ray Charles singing--in that the pauses aren't as logical, if that makes sense. It more affects the entire ambience of the scene. Dean's performance is still a heartbreaking one, but the entire MOOD is totally spoiled. The muzack they picked is horrendous, far too upbeat and not at all mood or paced to Georgia at all.

McDuck said:
The music they replaced Georgia with is just completely, totally, and 100% wrong. For one thing, the rhythm of Dean's speech seems off with the absence of Ray Charles singing--in that the pauses aren't as logical, if that makes sense. It more affects the entire ambience of the scene. Dean's performance is still a heartbreaking one, but the entire MOOD is totally spoiled. The muzack they picked is horrendous, far too upbeat and not at all mood or paced to Georgia at all.

Thanks for the info. I was toying with with cracking getting R1 set. Might go with R2 since I'm making a new PC to be a Hometheater.

I've been watching season 1 and the first episode when Sam calls his dad gave me a lump in my throat. Got me thinking about my father who passed a few years ago.

McDuck said:
For one thing, the rhythm of Dean's speech seems off with the absence of Ray Charles singing--in that the pauses aren't as logical, if that makes sense. It more affects the entire ambience of the scene.

That's what seemed a little off about the scene! I was trying to figure out what bugged me so much (besides the music replacement, of course.)

Oh definitely Mirror Image was the one that hit me hard...I cried for an hour after that one