Help me finetune my actor's website?

jassian

Hopeful Maker of Art out of Daydream Dust
Oct 15, 2008
Germany
:wavey Hey guys,

i've got clearance from our friendly bartender as I wasn't sure if this counts as advertizing (Thanks thanks!)

I'm trying to get a presentable version of this by agents day (friday) and of course eventually a really amazing version. Some of the links aren't operational yet! :)

http://www.jessieneumann.com/

I'm really looking for feedback (and encouragement :) and spotting possible problems with different browsers and processor speeds) before I publish it. Also let me know if you find the style and images appropriate and any ideas you may have would be great.

Can't wait to hear what you guys think.

Last edited:
cool.
All links are active now.
Don't have my newest showreels yet. Do those look alright?

angvav said:
Have you tried myspace?

Geez I never thought much of it at first - but I got got some graphic design work outta it.

Even acting people trying to help out with free workshops in new york!

Wow!

Hmm. i should give it a go. Thanks :)
I taught Ju-Jutsu and helped teaching Judo.

I rented server space and you pay for your domain name.
The actual page is my work, with input and assistance from friends.

Hey, I've added two new videos. For obvious reasons I'm especially curious what people here think about the first one.
(sorry about the rough cut, had to be shortened)

feedback's welcome, I have a long way to go :)
(need to relax like 5000 times more *L*)

http://www.jessieneumann.com
under 'videos'

Have you thaught about chasing up channel 31?

Maybe that would help get into acting.

I think Rove and also hamish and andy got started through channel 31?

I am contemplating changing to another extra's agency. The one I am using has not called me for 7 months :(

This webite - Theatre Australia

People using this website say that Jills casting are good. So its either that or maybe "Real people".

MEAA - I have checked their website and got a list of agencies of them :)

You liked them? :)

Don't wait for agencies to call you, get your own work.
There's a workshop with a casting director in Wagga possibly end of the year and another one in canberra (not extra, but full scale acting work)
if you want details PM or email me.

It's the casting directors' lists you need to get on!

Also get yourself into the groups
Syndey auditions
and
Melbourne auditions

on facebook, they've just advertised for a melbourne workshop,
with another casting directing agency.

;)

I think so. It sounds really good. I'll definitely go to the one in Canberra I emailed you about.
The problem with the melbourne one is that it's a 3 day workshop and I'd have to arrange accomodation which would be really expensive.

just found out Melbourne is only one day, you get to pick one. Pfew. That's good, that means i can go. :)

edit: ah wait, it's a three day one after all, but one of the days is a week earlier, so I can go yeah!

Last edited:
Then I'd see you there! Would be great.

:D We could perform a Sam& Al improv!:roflmao:
(just kiddin)

You're on!
How about we do Al vs Zoey
Me as Al, you as Zoey, they meet in the future time and I don't know, try to knock out each other's computer ! :)

Can I ask you something and not offend?

Or get my behind kicked???

Is it really worth paying to see casting people for a day or so?

Would I get a job out of it?

The reason I ask is that I am currently having a mean experience, with an extra's agency, although I should not really be saying this here in the fear that I look like I am whinging when I'm not (Phew!)

And I am not doubting anyone here, but I am the sort of person that questions everything, thats just my way of finding out what I need to know, so I don't get stooged like I currently am being :)

Hope you understand I don't mean bad asking this question, you'd know better than myself in regards to casting agents :)

:)