Season 3: Region 2 pics

ProfessorLoNigro

Project QL Intern
Aug 16, 2005
Washington, PA, USA
Hey there!

Does anyone have pics of the Season 3 UK boxset? How the outer and inner cases differ from Region 1? Any menu screenshots? Season 2 menus were different from region to region. Just curious!

Thanks,
J.J.

Thanks! I hope you get your set soon! My friend just got back from London and brought me QL Season 2 as a gift. I'm so glad I didn't buy R1. It's amazing how much atmosphere the music gives the episodes. The first thing I did today when I got home was put in MIA.

I'll watch for those S3 pics! Thanks again.

-J.J.

ProfessorLoNigro said:
Hey there!

Does anyone have pics of the Season 3 UK boxset? How the outer and inner cases differ from Region 1? Any menu screenshots? Season 2 menus were different from region to region. Just curious!

Thanks,
J.J.

Season 3 (R2) DVD consists of 3 different cases (which are very slim) containing 2 discs each. On the backside of each case is a synopsis of the episodes inside.

The menu has the usual clips of the various episodes going by on the theme music. For R2 there is an extra option (Playback?) which is the progamme(?) used by Universal to release these discs. It's basically a short clip with a lot of old programmes (among them QL) coming by in the form of card-board cut-outs (so, no actual clips) with the announcement of them being released on Playback (sort of a trailer you see in at the movies). Strangely enough Twin Peaks was among those programmes (while i believe Season 2 is still in limbo).

If you choose to select an episode (can't remember if there is a play all option) you see Sam leaping in the stasis chamber and then you see the episodes listed (4 on each disc, with the last disc only containing 2 episodes).

ProfessorLoNigro said:
Hey there!

Thanks,
J.J.

The packaging for series 3 is the same as R1. Three slimpacks in a case, only each slimpack holds two discs. So it's a six disc set.

Front menu, which is animated with scenes showing in the bottom and different years fyling past the screen:

leap1.jpg

leap2.jpg

Grimlock said:
Season 3 (R2) DVD consists of 3 different cases (which are very slim) containing 2 discs each. On the backside of each case is a synopsis of the episodes inside.

The menu has the usual clips of the various episodes going by on the theme music. For R2 there is an extra option (Playback?) which is the progamme(?) used by Universal to release these discs. It's basically a short clip with a lot of old programmes (among them QL) coming by in the form of card-board cut-outs (so, no actual clips) with the announcement of them being released on Playback (sort of a trailer you see in at the movies). Strangely enough Twin Peaks was among those programmes (while i believe Season 2 is still in limbo).

If you choose to select an episode (can't remember if there is a play all option) you see Sam leaping in the stasis chamber and then you see the episodes listed (4 on each disc, with the last disc only containing 2 episodes).

I hear that Quantum Leap Second Season Region 2 has all original music but that the sound is not very good.
The same thing happen with Quantum Leap Third Season Region 2?

DivadSB said:
I hear that Quantum Leap Second Season Region 2 has all original music but that the sound is not very good.

Well, i fail to see (almost) anything wrong with the sound (on both the second and third season) on the Region 2 sets. Sure, there might be a few glitches on the intro and in some episodes the sound is a bit off for a couple of seconds, but nothing very noticable to me. And no, i don't own an earpiece either.

Perhaps it's down to the technical differences for the television setting (which have to be adjusted from the American setting to the European setting for R2).

Anyway, if i were to believe some fans, the sound on the R2 sets is awful (which is not the case). You really need concentrate 100% to even notice the few glitches (i didn't even know that there were sound problems.....which news came to me AFTER i had watch the DVD's!).

I can't find a pic of them, but its the blue screen with a big square in the middle with looping scenes from the eps with "Play Movie", "Scene Selections", etc on the bottom of the screen

Samantha Beckett

SamBeckettfann said:
haha i loved the season three cap where it shows Al being the ghost of christmas future lol.

Those are actual (moving) clips from the episodes that run by (under the music of the theme tune and which starts all over again at the end of the tune). There is also clips of Sam running through the corn fields(The Leap Home), a few clips from Nuclear Family (a rain coat and Al sneeking up on Sam in the grass), the fraternity episode (where he tries to convince the girl played by Stacey Edwards), the beauty pageant (the overview of all the contestants), the scene in M.I.A. where Al tries to leave to the imaging chamber and Sam runs towards him from the house etc.

Grimlock said:
Those are actual (moving) clips from the episodes that run by (under the music of the theme tune and which starts all over again at the end of the tune). There is also clips of Sam running through the corn fields(The Leap Home), a few clips from Nuclear Family (a rain coat and Al sneeking up on Sam in the grass), the fraternity episode (where he tries to convince the girl played by Stacey Edwards), the beauty pageant (the overview of all the contestants), the scene in M.I.A. where Al tries to leave to the imaging chamber and Sam runs towards him from the house etc.

I don't get what your talking about. you mean the show where Al is the ghost of Christmas past? all that is in that show? I guess I need to go and see it again. :hmm

Grimlock said:
Well, i fail to see (almost) anything wrong with the sound (on both the second and third season) on the Region 2 sets. Sure, there might be a few glitches on the intro and in some episodes the sound is a bit off for a couple of seconds, but nothing very noticable to me. And no, i don't own an earpiece either.

Perhaps it's down to the technical differences for the television setting (which have to be adjusted from the American setting to the European setting for R2).

Anyway, if i were to believe some fans, the sound on the R2 sets is awful (which is not the case). You really need concentrate 100% to even notice the few glitches (i didn't even know that there were sound problems.....which news came to me AFTER i had watch the DVD's!).

Thanks,I really want to know about that.:hurray:

There are noticeable audio problems with the second season R2.
There is the same problem for season 3, but I've only noticed it in 4 episodes :

-The Leap Home part 2 (not very noticeable)
-Rebel without a clue
-A hunting we will go (not very noticeable)
-Nuclear Family

This apparently comes from the
pitch correction (because of the PAL transfer), but the sound is fine on most of the episodes.