BOYCOTTING seasons 2/3/4

electrictroy

Project QL Intern
Aug 26, 2005
I see no point in purchasing discs that are filled with crummy music. I mean, if I wanted an inferior-quality set, I could have made my own using a VHS machine. I don't need to spend $50 getting a poorly-made copy; I can do that at home for free.

I'll probably buy seasons 1/5 but I do have a question:
- Do these come with the *original* opening titles?

(What really annoys me is that Universal *knew* we hated season 2's replacement music, but did they fix it? No. They just repeated the same bone-headed mistake on seasons 3 and 4. To quote Battlestar Galactica: "Fraking idiots!" "They gave us worthless feldercarb.")

There's lots of topics worth reading here in the DVD section. Season 5 has the original music.

The only bungle in opening sequences that I am aware of is the final episode of season 1 having the Season 2 intro swapped in. Otherwise I believe the intros are accurate to each episode.

feldon30 said:
There's lots of topics worth reading here in the DVD section. Season 5 has the original music.

The only bungle in opening sequences that I am aware of is the final episode of season 1 having the Season 2 intro swapped in. Otherwise I believe the intros are accurate to each episode.

There is also a mistake with the intro to "Mirror Image" on the Season 5 set. The original airing used Season 2's opening sequence; the DVD shows Season 3's opening sequence. Not much of a big deal, but it is a little annoying to know that it's wrong.

electrictroy said:
I see no point in purchasing discs that are filled with crummy music. I mean, if I wanted an inferior-quality set, I could have made my own using a VHS machine. I don't need to spend $50 getting a poorly-made copy; I can do that at home for free.

I'll probably buy seasons 1/5 but I do have a question:
- Do these come with the *original* opening titles?

(What really annoys me is that Universal *knew* we hated season 2's replacement music, but did they fix it? No. They just repeated the same bone-headed mistake on seasons 3 and 4. To quote Battlestar Galactica: "Fraking idiots!" "They gave us worthless feldercarb.")

Get the Region 2 DVD.

I'm only going to boycott Season 4. Good thing I own a multi-region DVD player and not too long ago I ordered Seasons Two and Three from Amazon UK.
Too bad about people who aren't "region free" capable.