"Another Time Another Place" Quantum Leap behind the scenes book

Al_Calavicci

Project QL Intern
Apr 19, 2009
Has anyone here ever seen this book before? it was put out in 2007. I had never seen it before.

$T2eC16N,!)kE9s4Z-vHSBR+v,McDJ!~~60_12.JPG

http://www.amazon.com/Another-Time-Place-Quantum-Leap/dp/1593931190

Last edited by a moderator:
As a matter of fact I own a copy of this book. Actually it's my best friend's which I had borrowed years ago but when I had tried to return it she didn't seem to care to have it back.
Apparently you haven't noticed my occasional references to it in discussions.

Some of the episode tidbits I disagree with such as the expressed possibility that the comic leap Al mentions at the end of The Leap Back being a reference to Stand Up. It's close but Stand Up doesn't involve a divorce or a little girl.

Otherwise it's quite enjoyable and interesting.
Anyone who reads it from start to finish may also notice that at the end it gives a special mention to Al's Place. ;)

As a matter of fact I own a copy of this book. Actually it's my best friend's which I had borrowed years ago but when I had tried to return it she didn't seem to care to have it back.
Apparently you haven't noticed my occasional references to it in discussions.

Some of the episode tidbits I disagree with such as the expressed possibility that the comic leap Al mentions at the end of The Leap Back being a reference to Stand Up. It's close but Stand Up doesn't involve a divorce or a little girl.

Otherwise it's quite enjoyable and interesting.
Anyone who reads it from start to finish may also notice that at the end it gives a special mention to Al's Place. ;)

Hi,I have two other Quantum Leap books,the one by Louis Chunovic and the oversized "Time Tripping" book..cant remember who that ones by off the top of my head.

So would you say of the lot that "Another Time,Another Place" is the best book out on Quantum Leap thus far? I don't own it yet,the seller wants $39 for it,which I felt was high.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I hadn't knowledge of other similar publications. If you can recall titles I'd love to look into them.

Sure,the first book is called "The Quantum Leap Book" by Louis Chunovic,it's pretty common.there are a couple on eBay right now as low as $10.
There are segments of the book posted here on Al's Place too. Here's the link
http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/novels/completeQLbook.htm

The other book is titled "Time Tripping,A guide to Quantum Leap" by Bill Planer,it's an oversized Softcover with a photo of Sam & Al in a Corvette on the cover.

Here's a link about it on Al's Place. http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/novels/timetripping.htm

There's also "Making a Quantum Leap" by Scott Nance. I have never found this one yet but it looks interesting.
http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/novels/makingaquantumleapbook.htm

Interesting, these books seem to be quite detailed. 'The Quantum Leap Book' seems to even contain a diagram of the first handlink.
Thanks so much for sharing Al.

Sure,the first book is called "The Quantum Leap Book" by Louis Chunovic,it's pretty common.there are a couple on eBay right now as low as $10.
There are segments of the book posted here on Al's Place too. Here's the link
http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/novels/completeQLbook.htm

The other book is titled "Time Tripping,A guide to Quantum Leap" by Bill Planer,it's an oversized Softcover with a photo of Sam & Al in a Corvette on the cover.

Here's a link about it on Al's Place. http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/novels/timetripping.htm

There's also "Making a Quantum Leap" by Scott Nance. I have never found this one yet but it looks interesting.
http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/novels/makingaquantumleapbook.htm

Not seen 'Time Tripping' or 'Making a Quantum Leap' anywhere. Did not know they existed. As I said I have 'Another Time, Another Place' and also the Louis Chunovic one. In addition I have two copies of the Boxtree publication 'The A-Z of Quantum Leap' by Julie Barrett. The reason I have two copies of it is that the first one arrived without the photo pages inserted.
Hmmm, wonder if that is a rarity that might make it valuable one day? Doubt it, since books with photo pages often lose them over time.
It says it is 'The ONLY book to contain a guide to every episode ever made' but there is no entry for 'Mirror Image' listed, even though it is in the episode guide at the back. It calls itself 'the Ultimate Quantum Leap Reference Book' but I found several inaccuracies in it.

I own a copy. I don't recall learning anything from it that I didn't already know. Maybe a few pictures I never saw before. But I do remember being very irritated at just how many grammar errors and typos I remembered seeing. It was literally on every other page.

I own a copy. I don't recall learning anything from it that I didn't already know. Maybe a few pictures I never saw before. But I do remember being very irritated at just how many grammar errors and typos I remembered seeing. It was literally on every other page.

It does seem to be something of a sloppy publication. If you look at my cover which is not quite the same as the image of the one Al posted in the original post, the title and author's names are a plain white, Quantum Leap a standard royal like blue that can be applied in seconds and appear heavily pixelated at the edges like an older computer might merit. Perhaps this is an intended effect given the slight fit in connection to the show but to me it looks like the title of a manuscript rough draft. Not something that should be going to a final print.

As I stated before I also believe some of the suggestive tidbits in the episode guide are inaccurate such as the Stand Up reference I have already pointed out.

Another is one pertaining to The Great Spontini. They suggest that Sam appeared claustrophobic in the leap in when it's pretty clear that it's the swords puncturing through the box and just narrowly missing him that frightened him.
Perhaps that one is a matter of opinion which is the reason it should not have been included in the book. Tidbits are supposed to be factual.

These such points bug me because it appears to me more like poor attention was paid to the details of the episodes than they're being thoughtful theories.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
It does seem to be something of a sloppy publication. If you look at my cover which is not quite the same as the image of the one Al posted in the original post, the title and author's names are a plain white, Quantum Leap a standard royal like blue that can be applied in seconds and appear heavily pixelated at the edges like an older computer might merit. Perhaps this is an intended effect given the slight fit in connection to the show but to me it looks like the title of a manuscript rough draft. Not something that should be going to a final print.

In addition to this which I had forgotten to point out before, there are images in the book that look like they were printed from an ancient black and white printer.
For example in the section that talks about the first season there is a photo of Dean with his older brother Guy who guest starred in The Right Hand of God as the gambler who tried to pay Sam to take a dive. It's so dark that they are practically silhouetted.