Happy Singles Awareness Day!

Samantha Beckett

Project QL Intern
Oct 31, 2005
Vestavia, Alabama
A touch early, but I wanted to wish everyone to whom it applies, a happy Singles Awareness Day! It's my 19th in a row! *sarcastic laugh* Can yall tell this is my least favorite holiday of the year? :lol

Or...for those who have someone in their life...Happy Valentine's Day! :dreaming

Samantha Beckett

Last edited:
You know what I always say about Valentine's Day every year?

BAH HUMBUG!!!

:lol I guess you can tell what that makes me, huh? :p

Damon

Al's Handlink said:
LOL @ Damon. Happy Valentines to all. Or as Claire said, for us single folks, Happy Singles Awareness Day
It's not like I've never had girlfriends before, just... never on Valentine's Day, darn it!!! :realmad

Oh well, maybe someday... *sigh* :dreaming

HAHAHA!! Yeah I was just talkin about this with some of my grilfriends. Happy Singles Awareness Day!!!

Time to eat chocolate and :censored about all those happy couples. Watch sappy romantic movies and cry about how we'll never have that. What a lovely holiday. Did you know the color red also makes you hungry? There goes the New Year's Resolution! :p

From one who waited a very long time for that special someone to share Valentine's Day with (and he was SO worth the wait!) to those who haven't found your special someone...yet! ..and to all those who have found him or her......
:dreaming Happy Valentine's Day! :dreaming

Eleiece

I've never actually considered Valentine's Day to be a holiday; it's my Dad's birthday, so when I think of Feb 14th, that's all I think about.

My poor Dad... He's had to put up with so many heart-shaped birthday cakes that it's not even funny.

Anyway, Happy Valentines Day or Singles Awareness Day or whatever else you celebrate!

I boycott Valentine's Day....it's a card company invention.

Personally, I think the sentiments of Valentine's Day should be carried out year-round. I have seen the stress V-day causes for singles AND couples. I despise the "holiday."

Happy Valentine's and Singles Awareness Day (didn't know about this one, though)! I'm not so close to celebrating that, I don't believe so much in it, but I think everybody deserves love and I believe it just does not have to be one certain day when we have to make it bigger. I think it has to be everyday of our lives. Forget about girlfriends or boyfriends (well, it does not apply to all those ones who have already a bf or a gf), but we must love ourselves first (learn to respect --in its entire meaning-- ourselves) and our family and all those ones who've been with us all the time, in the good and the bad, those who've been taking care of us, those who have been comprehending us, and those who've been so close to us even when there have been lots of fat problems and tough situations. A friend (real friends, who're counted on fingertips, and less than five), a girlfriend, a boyfriend, a fiancé, a mother, a father, a cousin, an uncle, an aunt, etc. Don't mistake the meaning of love with "Valentine's Day" or with "february the 14th" (that topic lyes in dangerous territory, though).

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe how many members here actually despise the holiday so much. I'm neither here nor there with it, but I guess that's easy for me to say since I don't happen to be single right now. But I understand where everyone is coming from as I always feel like I'm that one person on the opposite page of everyone else. Anyway, happy Valentine's Day/Singles Awareness Day!

Pale Horse - Pale Rider said:
Happy Valentine's and Singles Awareness Day (didn't know about this one, though)!

Hehe, they're the same day...my friend and I came up with this a few years ago. When you're walking down the halls of school and u see couples holding hands, carrying flowers, and even a HUGE teddy bear, and you have nothing...again...as usual...even from ur friends...u begin to hate the day.

Samantha Beckett