Five years on, but not forgetton. 15th August 1998

I just wanted to post a message here to say that I have not forgotten about the victims of the Omagh Bomb in Northern Ireland on the 15th August 1998. On that day, the Real IRA planted a car bomb in the small market town, which ripped throught lower market street killing 29 people and 2 unborn twins. It was the single worst act of violence in Northern Ireland in it's 30 year war. To date, no one has been brought to justice. Just last week the British Government donated ?800,000 to the legal fees brought by the victim's familities to take a civil case against the people who they feel are behind the bomb.

If it is ok, I would like to list the name of the people who died so they will not be forgetton.

Olive Hawkes, 60, Omagh
Jolene Marlow, 17, Omagh
Deborah Cartwright, 20, Omagh
Mary Grimes, 65, Beragh, County Tyrone
Her daughter, Avril Monaghan, 30, Aughadarna, County Tyrone
Avril Monaghan's baby daughter, Maura,
18 months, Aughadarna, County Tyrone
Sean McLaughlin, 12, Buncrana
James Barker, 12, Buncrana
Oran Doherty, 8, Buncrana
Geraldine Breslin, 43, Omagh
Brenda Logue, 17, Carrickmore
Philomena Skelton, 49, Drumquin
Gareth Conway, 18, Carrickmore
Brenda Devine, 20 months, Donemana
Lorraine Wilson, 15, Omagh
Samantha McFarland, 17, Omagh
Julia Hughes, 21, Omagh
Elizabeth Rush, 57, Omagh
Ricio Abad Ramos, 23, Madrid, Spain
Fernando Blasco Baselga, 12, Madrid, Spain
Esther Gibson, 36, Beragh
Anne McCombe, 48, Omagh
Veda Short, 46, Gortaclare
Aiden Gallagher, 21, Omagh
Alan Radford, 16, Omagh
Fred White, 60, Omagh
His son Brien White, 26, Omagh
Brian McCrory, 54, Omagh
Sean McGrath, 61, Omagh. Died three weeks after the blast.

In the weeks after the bomb the British Prime Minister Tony Blair, the Irish Taoiseach Bertie Ahern, the Irish President Mary McAleese and the American President Bill Clinton along with Hilary Clinton.

<a href="http://www.quantumleaping.com" target="_new">www.quantumleaping.com</a>
webmaster@quantumleaping.com

I don't mind it either, Dermy! In fact, I only vaguely remember hearing about it at all! And that's sad that so many people died, and we either didn't hear of it or it's such a "common" occurance that we become numb to it.

After OUR hit by terrorists, I know I realized how vulnerable EVERYONE is!

Thanks for mentioning your countrymen.