Mirror Image - Final Leap

Quantum Leaper

Project QL Intern
Feb 13, 2006
Virginia
www.bryanshulkpage.com
Hi, everyone. I have a general pondering here.

As we all know, at the end of the final episode, "Mirror Image", Sam leaps into Beth's home to tell her that Al is still alive.

I was just thinking, do you suppose this may have affected project Quantum Leap? I mean, Al would have came back from the war and stayed with Beth making a wonderful family. I just wonder if Al would still have been involved. I may be wrong, but didn't Sam meet Al in a bar (perhaps Al was sulking)?

I look forward to any replies and thoughts on the subject.

Yeah, Don said that Sam and Al are destined to meet.

In the original history, They meet when Al is hitting a vending machine. He was drunk and Sam helped him to sober up and saved his career.

Maybe in the new history, Al is still hitting the vending machine, but for a different reason. Maybe he and Beth had a fight, We just don't know. It is all up for speculation. But they would have deffinately met.

anybody that's seen combat, let alone torture like Al did, would have trouble adjusting. I had a short story that I wrote that hinted at that (severe depression, drinking, etc.), and wanted to write up a novel about it, but "McDuck" has done such a superb job with her ongoing "Al" story that I never got beyond the preliminary stages.

Al's Handlink said:
If you are interested, Jennie wrote an UNBELIVABLY good prequal to Quantum Leap called Stardust. It tells of how Sam and Al met and formed their friendship.

Just go the Quantum Leap: The Virtual Seasons page and at the top, look for Alternate Universe. Click on that. Then, click on Prequal in the box. Just read them in order you won't regret it.

I second this suggestion. It is really an amazing story, you will LOVE it! I sure did...:D

Samantha Beckett

Thanks, Tom and Claire, for plugging Stardust.

And thank you, Matt, for plugging Beth. Beth deals with how life might have been like for Beth and Al post-Mirror Image. It's written in the first person from Beth's POV, but there's plenty of food for thought, I like to think/hope. Sam has finally made his appearance in the storyline.
Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
sort of.