B**giemen episode and Season 2.

thanks jennie but i really am out of this fun, i dont have any creepy stuff to talk about becasue nothing that creepy ever happened to me, and not with the bman episode eaitehr because like i said my friend nathen ruined it for my best friend and I before i saw it.

but thanks Jennie *huggles*

Sam Beckett Fan said:
thanks jennie but i really am out of this fun, i dont have any creepy stuff to talk about becasue nothing that creepy ever happened to me, and not with the bman episode eaitehr because like i said my friend nathen ruined it for my best friend and I before i saw it.

but thanks Jennie *huggles*

Nothing strange ever happened to me while watching the episode either. It's just a bit of fan fun (which is sometimes exaggerated) when weird things happen so we can create controversy around the episode. It even helps make it somewhat more enjoyable, I think. Really not a big deal, though. I wouldn't feel bad about it.

QL Nut said:
Nothing strange ever happened to me while watching the episode either. It's just a bit of fan fun (which is sometimes exaggerated) when weird things happen so we can create controversy around the episode. It even helps make it somewhat more enjoyable, I think. Really not a big deal, though. I wouldn't feel bad about it.

And therein lies the episode's true brilliance. On its own, it's a creepy little Halloween episode, but, whether by accident or by design, it's built up a certain... mystique that makes it much more memorable than most Halloween-themed episodes of any TV show. I, for one, love it all the more for that.

The scary episode

:hair
Al's Handlink said:
Welcome to the board.

I have never had anything strange happen while watching the episode in question. And my thoughts are that everything Sam experienced, really happened.

Maybe the reason Al didn't remember is that The Devil Al didn't want any evidence. So he made it so Al maybe ever Ziggy didn't remember anything.

I'm glad you are putting my mind at ease because I stopped watching the episodes on dvd in 2004 just as I got to the Bo*giem*n. I had watched all the episodes prior to that one all at once. I could not stop watching them. Then I found this message board and people started to freak me out.

Debra said:

I'm glad you are putting my mind at ease because I stopped watching the episodes on dvd in 2004 just as I got to the Bo*giem*n. I had watched all the episodes prior to that one all at once. I could not stop watching them. Then I found this message board and people started to freak me out.

freaked out? how so? these people, when i first came here, saved my internet soul. hehe. :angel

Debra said:

I think the discussion of the bo*giem*n can freak me out too, I don't think you mean any of us are freaking you out . . . do you ?

Having watched most of QL in its first run to the end and missing Bgmn the first time I was experiencing a tone of scaryness that I have not felt in a long, long, long-long, long time. Its a strange episode to say the least, but it worked if the intension was to get you grabbing for the cushions.

I only saw this for the first time when I got the DVD recently, I had heard about the legend but didn't wanna read up on the story. When I saw the episode entiteld The B**gieman I just thought 'Ahh now I'll find out what it's all about. I had an idea that Al wasn't himself but I wasn't really thinking much when I watched it, then when Sam bumps into him by accident and figures it all out I was like 'wtf?!'

I think the best part is when the door of the imaging chamber opens and out Al steps and he's saying 'Sorry I'm late Sam we had trouble findi... WHAT THE HELL?!'

Classic ep.

what a great episode, and a great discussion y'all!

I personally believe that God did the reset, but you have to understand modern storytelling of clashes with the Devil. They usually take place in a dreamlike or otherworldly place, or outside known time and with common situations.

The Devil DOES have a lot of power, but He's more apt to use it as a display than God does. God is more subtle, wanting His children to grow strong by challenges of faith, yet is there when you call for him. The Serpent is quick to challenge as well, and is a Known Trickster! He can quote Scripture with more skill than even the most holiest of men and women. Even those Blessed by God often find themselves lost in challenges of the Devil at first. He's THAT powerful.

But the power is an illusion... ONCE steadfastedly stood up with God as your shield, the Devil quickly retreats, blinded by God's Brilliance.

Now in this fictional story, the Devil usurped God's power temporarily. But only so. This whole story took place in the blink of God's eyes... hence the reset. Sam could well have met his match, but once the Devil revealed Himself as that weak, he was able to be beaten.

As is usually the case. Both in fictional, and in factual stories.

Ahhhh, enough of my rambling. Ya caught me with a philisophical moment!

So then, if this guy admitted to being the devil, the Bartender in the final ep *has* to be god... right?

That's what i thought, i'd make sense.

I loved this episode, i watched it a few weeks ago and i sat there with me mam in complete suspense/excitement! I thought it was so quirky and unusual, with such an amazing twist that i didn't even get till the end (when i normally do). After watching it, i googled the episode and found out the superstition behind it and was shocked especially since nothing strange happened while watching it, so i must be lucky. I loved Dean in this eppy, he totally creeps me out!

Amazing.

SSS