QL Fanfilm Underway!

I have to say. I am really impressed with the amount of publicity this movie is getting. It is even on IMDB. With as much traffic as IMDB gets I am pretty sure someone who can actually has influence in Hollywood will definately realize the potential of a brand new Quantum Leap movie or series and put it into production. Hopefully, DB might even realize it.

Thanks everyone! Jaycol, that's our point of doing this... to show 'the powers that be' that yes, QL is still a viable property, and yes, its well worth the time & money to invest into. Plus, if we can 'pay it forward' with donating our Control Panel, all the much better. Its been a labor of love for everyone involved!

And a big thanks to everyone who has participated in our Associate Producer program! THANK YOU!!

Chris
:)

Make that TWO stars!!

Well folks, make that TWO STARS who are now involved with this project...

We end this with a BIG bang!! We landed Ms.
Beth Horn, one of the stars from this season of another popular NBC show, American Gladiators. She played ‘Venom’ in the show, and will be appearing as a special guest star in our film. Giving away her role would spoil the show, but suffice to say it will be classic Quantum Leap that fans will LOVE.

Happy Leaping…

Chris

venom_008.jpg

bethhorntv5.jpg

I really can't wait to see this film. I'm glad I have been able to be a part of it and can't wait for my copy of the film.

Hey Chris or the powers that be, do you reckon we can have photos taken behind the control panel before it is auctioned off?

Hmmm this looks rather good! Surprisingly!

That is not a slight at the cast or crew of this project. But attempted fanfilms have become a dime a dozen.

Too often people with very little skill or experience make well intended promises of things they never achieve.

But this appears very impressive from the photos in this thread. Good casting of Sam and Al. Well done sets. Quantum Leap deserves this type of quality. I look forward to seeing the finished project.

This looks like a very professional production. I am very impressed.

You never know with fanfilms. Too many well intended people make big promises of things that they are incapable of achieving. So I have become highly skeptical that newly announced films will be made at all, let alone good! That is not a slight at THIS cast and crew.

Everything about this effort seems great. The casting of Sam and Al is right on the money! That is got to be the hardest part. Especially because this is the first (I think) QL fanfilm of any kind. The sets look very impressive. The challenge with Quantum Leap is that it mostly took place in the real world. While that saves the budget of needing to create alien planets, it creates the need to shot on real locations.

I almost missed the coolest news of all when I skimmed this thread the first time. Deborah Pratt is back as the voice of Ziggy!!!!!:hurray: This is a stunning acomphlishment.

Last edited:
ISZ,

Beth is playing a pivotal role in our film. I don't want to give too much away, suffice to say that it will be a classic QL twist. I'm sorry, but if I give it away, then the whole point of the her scene is defunct.
What do they call it... oh yes, a SPOILER!! :)

I'll definitely tell Beth about the fest!

Thanks,

Chris :)

A spoiler you say...In this case please don't tell us.:)
I just hope it's nothing like the twist we had in the end of QL episode - "Lee Harvey Oswald" ,if you know what i mean...

We are finished!!

Well folks, we are completed with Principal Photography! Four months to the day we started, and we ended back up in the very basement we started this incredible journey back in August. Hard to believe this is over, but I can't wait to get started on this!!

Now Post Production begins... importing all the scenes, cutting them together, Special Effects, sound effects, EVERYTHING.

Here are some images from this weekend...

And yes, Brian, Beth said she is planning on stopping by at Leapback! She'll be in LA shooting the new season of American Gladiator, and she said she's coming! Maybe she can be added as one of the events' special guests?

So totally awesome!!
It must have been great to shoot it. Wish I could have been there, as the cable basher's assistant's assistant or something. ;)
Can't wait to see it!

Just a thought... Donating the control panel is a great idea, and it'll probably make a lot of money. But, before selling it off, what about offering some photo ops with it? Some of us are geeky enough to want to pose with it and pretend we're in the control room!

Okay, I'm geeky enough to want to, anyway...

And it's great to see the film getting so much attention! Way to go! I hope this leads to more fan films. Or a real QL film...

We'd love to do that. Right now we're trying to find a way to ship it to the convention and back to the winner. Right now just shipping TO the con is going to be around $400-$500. I imagine that shipping to a non-local winner would be about the same amount.

If anyone here has access to someone who can get us a great discount at fed-ex or UPS, PLEASE let us know. We can't afford to spend charity money frivolously.

If someone wanted to pay about $1000 to get it there and back out, Chris might just give it to you lol! Might, I said....

Updates for 2009!

Well its been a busy, BUSY time here at the studio. Over New Years, I imported all the High Definition scenes into my TB hard drive, and was thrilled because I haven't seen many of the scenes since we originally shot them. It was a real joy to see them all again in their full High Definition glory!!

Once those were imported, I quickly began putting together a NEW trailer, which I hope to have done soon because... as we all know, we have just so many days before Leapback is on our doorstep! Its taken me three days to figure out the actual leap visual effect, and I hope I nailed it.
*fingers crossed*

Things are looking (and sounding) most excellent here!!

Chris

I've been deep in the jungles of editing and polishing this new trailer, and its given me a great chance to cut my teeth on some required special effects for this show... what I originally thought was a relatively easy effects shot on the classic 'Leap' effect turned into something much more intense.

Here are some samples of my two plates from tonight:

I'm not finished with them just yet, but I've wanted to remain as faithful to the original F/X shots from the series as possible (mostly based on Season 5's leaps). Every element of these shots had to be created from scratch... and that ain't no easy task folks, let me tell ya!! I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it would be in 3D, let alone 2D F/X.

Anyway, just wanted to share the progress!

Thanks!

Chris :)

Chris, can I just take this moment to commend you and your team, cast, and crew for all the hard work you have done. I see a work that is incredibly polished, full of love and dedication, and camaraderie.

I'm sorry I won't be able to see it at the Convention. The Navy relocated us to the UK this past July and it's not in our budget (plus we are understandably trying to see sites this side of the pond while we are here). I do look forward to being able to see the finished film online though.

Thank you so much for this labor of love!

Wow, this looks like it's gonna be amazing!
Can't wait to see the video version (well, not at the convention, but wherever else you will hopefully share it afterwards) :)

Brand New Trailer Available

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that we have a NEW trailer finally available on our website. This BRAND NEW sneak peek features footage shot from our amazing four-month production, along with many of the classic special effects featured on the original TV show.

While being true to the show, I felt that giving the show a 21st century re-boot would give it a more contemporary look. I truly hope you enjoy watching this.

Thanks,

Chris

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:
Coooooooooooooooool!!

'tis awesome!

As a geek, I appreciate the start
reboot y/n definitely y !!! 8):D

Great job! :cheers

Did you get the landscape shots yourself or was that stock footage?

Wow. I didn't see the trailor (mostly because it wanted me to download some new function), but I'm sure that it is as great and creative as the poster. Keep up the good work! :D

"ohboy" - you need to get your computer working...

That trailer was FREAKING AWESOME. I watched it three times. The effects are great - story looks great - I can't believe you found someone that looks so much like Diana!

Chris - this is very impressive. We should have charged admission to see this in March! lol just kidding everyone... if you have your tickets, you'll see this Saturday March 28th at 8:30am!

And probably again at some point throughout the weekend.

WOW. :slam

The quality of this looks amazing!

The Control room looks EXACTLY THE SAME! The lighting is perfect. I love that shot of Sam looking out the window and seeing Paris. That not an effect for the sake of it, that is solid, seamless storytelling. That's the vibe I get from the whole trailer.

I am warning you now Chris I will be the guy asking you a million questions after the premiere! ;)