King Kong

I just saw it tonight, and it was AWESOME!!! Fan-bloody-tastic! If any of the three main people (Jack Black, Naomi Watts, or Adrian Brody) don't get Oscar noms, there is no justice in the world!

Samantha Beckett

Nope...

Great story? What story?

King Kong has nothing good. Nothing, I said. The 1933 film was claimed to be one of Hitler's favorite film. It is racist. They all go to an island to practically kill off a threatened specie. Plus King Kong didn't deserve to die, all the humans there, including the actress, deserved it.

This 2005 version is pointless, there are few scenes that were really unneeded, the special effects are great, but now you can't call them "special" when they show them to you practically all the time on-screen. No. I didn't like it. The original story wasn't something that great, in the first place, and now Peter Jackson adds more things (as he uses to).

Nope, sorry but it's a shame to adventure/thriller/fantasy/horror fans. Loved the "LOTR" trilogy, they made me go to read the books, just to find out that each story was actually shorter than in the films, but now, with this film, Peter came back to his classic era, where everything he directed was pointless and bloody (not so bloody here, though; if you think this is bloody, then you haven't seen "Braindead" or "Bad Taste", from the same director).

Sauron said:
Great story? What story?

King Kong has nothing good. Nothing, I said. The 1933 film was claimed to be one of Hitler's favorite film. It is racist. They all go to an island to practically kill off a threatened specie.

O-K.... It's a movie, which some liked and some didn't. I don't think it's racist and they didn't go there intending on killing anything. And Hitler also liked spaghetti. Does that mean I can't eat spaghetti anymore?

LOL... relax dude. We all have our opinions I guess.

Considering that guy's that some old troll that keeps coming back, I think we can all overlook the negative outlook he had.

alsplacebartender said:
Update: yes I did discover that "Sauron" was the old troll from ezboard. Banned him again after an incident he caused with a few folks in the chatroom.

Let's move on from this discussion and forget about it please... this thread is about King Kong! :hurray:

Indeed...and the movie ROCKED! It was funny tho, I could see a lot of LOTR details in it. See like, to me, the natives had an Orc-ish look to them. When the group was running from the stampede of charging Brontosauruses, a lot of them were seen getting stomped on, and that reminded me of the Battle of Pelanor in Return of the King when the Orlifant were stomping on the horses and men. And, of course, Jackson's bizarre affection for oversized bugs. Hehe, I know for a fact if there were a picture taken of me while watching it, my jaw would've been dropped all the way and my eyes as big as saucers, it was too awesome!

Samantha Beckett

It was a great movie. Yes... 'King Kong' finally reaches these primitive shores...
It was absolutely pure cinema. I didn't go to see the Lord of the Rings trilogy and if I've ever seen a Peter Jackson I don't recall so I went in with no expectations. Pure, pure cinema. I know I already said that but it's worth saying again.

Bit long, though. I wish I'd taken a snack. And painkillers (I have arthritic hips and sitting in one place for three hours was not good, 'twas worth the pain though).

King Freaking Kong!

Okay... yes, I've seen King Kong before... I know what it was about the whole money money and more money that they wanted to get a film. I understood all of that... and it was hard to look at it at that time and see the fakeness of it all and honestly expect someone to appreciate the movie for what it was and what it was trying to portray.

The 2005 version of King Kong was as Brian put it -- absolutely marvelous! I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I wanted to see more. It was so capturing that my kids were mesmerized by it. My daughter cried at the end even though she KNEW Kong was going to die. It takes some doing to make her cry.

Awesome movie. I loved it. Period.

On that note QLDamsel, the first time of the 4 times I've seen it, when Kong was at the top of the Empire State Building and they were shooting at him, I actually yelled "Stop it!" in the theater by accident. I was very distraught at that point in the movie, even tho I knew it was going to happen, I didn't mean to yell it outloud tho. That was :eek:

Samantha Beckett