I have a couple of questions about QL

lalala12345678910

Project QL Intern
Feb 21, 2006
West Midalands
I have two questions...

In Evil Leaper l ( Deliver us from Evil ) I thought if there was an evil leaper Alia, then is there acctuly any other leapers apart from Sam,not evil?

How come in early eps. the leap home 1 and 2, Sam could change his past then but he could'nt change Al's past til later eps., A Leap for Lisa?

1. There is a possibility that there were in fact many other leapers out there in the cosmos somewhere, but they are never mentioned. It is also entirely possilbe that aside from Sam and Alia that no one else has been able to construct an apparatus to leap like they do, and thus no mention is made of "other leapers"

2. The reason for the "apparent contradiction" becomes less so when we remember what Al said in Part 1 of "The Leap Home" his words were:

"We can't change what's already happened, only what "he" wants changed."
This leads to a simple conclusion: He (God, Time, Fate, TPTB) wanted to change that specific event in Sam's life to show Sam that for every decision there is a direct and sometimes painful consequence for those decisions.

Also, in Season 4, after Sam and Al changed places it became apparent that Sam's "abilities" were "extended" to include Al in many scenarios, including "A Leap For Lisa"

I hope this helps....

Ok so do that mean that Sam really dones controll where he gos? or is g/t/f. in controll? I have always woundered if it was a shared thing??

I have not seen "A leap for Lisa" yet so maybe am missing what your talking about...if so sorry. Julie

That is possible, Ziggy, but in "Mirror Image" remember what Al the Bartender tells Sam:

Sam, you will only do this as long as you want to.
Also:

SAM
You are the one who?s been leaping
me through time!

AL
I wouldn?t say that.

SAM
What would you say?

AL
(nods to mirror)
That he?s been leaping you
through time.

The inference is clear: Sam has been in clear control all the time, and I truly believe that somewhere deep in his subconcious, probably somewhere around the time of "A Leap For Lisa" he was just embarking on that discovery.

ziggysego, you can also use the [spoiler][/spoiler] tag.

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
Someone dies in Harry Potter 6.

Unfortunately the message still goes out free-and-clear by e-mail to anyone who is subscribed to the thread.

ziggysego said:
.:. Spoiler .:.

In Mirror Image there was another leaper.... Strawpah. Sam suggested that instead of Guardian Angels, prehaps the dead come back as Leapers. Something which Al laughed off, however it is something worth considering.

Have I missed somthing??

and what is up with the Harry Potter spoiler.

I haven't gotten to read the six one yet.

It was just an example of how to do a spoiler that is actually, you know, HIDDEN. :) And everyone knows that someone dies in HP6. I won't give it away.