1131 Give Me Death

Give Me Death

• 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters
D

Dman176

Give Me Death
May 8, 2006

Hope Springs, Virginia

The horrifying truth is at last revealed as Sam faces not a single, not a double?but a triple threat of evil that threatens to engulf the entire world. Who will live?and who will die?

Written by: M. J. Cogburn & Damon C. Sugameli

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consists of five raters and three back-up raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 10

Unfortunately, due to the data loss from the 5/31/05 Ezboard attack, we were unable to salvage the individual comments made by the raters and other members. If the raters are able to re-submit similar comments in the near future, they will be posted here. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Valery S. Gemini said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty:
RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mystery Rater:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
The breakneck speed of this story with all of the ceaselessly shifting locations and bouncing backwards and forwards in history reminded me of the unfortunate little ball at a championship ping-pong tournament going at full throttle. Get distracted from the flow of it, and you might find yourself running to get back up to speed. But that?s a good thing. The fast pacing of this story, while a little dizzying at times, as well as the fantastically intricate writing by the authors, all of whom clearly know the characters inside and out, are the inner fire that makes this spinning jewel sparkle, holding your attention every step of the way as you run as fast as you can to keep up. For all of that, I say to MJ and Damon, and every other writer whose own great writing helped to bring about this week?s brilliant episode, ?Bravo! Brava!? Well done, indeed! You have every right to be proud of what you have created and/or helped to create.

All of that being said, however, there are still there are a couple of things that, to one degree or another, distracted me as I read.

The ?Authors? Notes? sprinkled throughout the story, while a good thing to point a reader back to a previous episode that he or she might want to go back and read or re-read, are brief and well done. Yet, at least for me, I found them to be mildly annoying little ?speed bumps?. Each time I came upon one, it was like stubbing my toe. It distracted me, if only for a split second, but even that momentary interruption marred the frenetic but enjoyable pace of this story. I am a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due, be it on the job, cooking a great meal, writing a great story, such as this one, or whatever. By the same token, however, there is a time and place for the giving of that credit, and in the midst of the doing, or in this case, the reading of, isn?t the place to do it, at least not so obviously. Perhaps, a less intrusive but just as effective way of acknowledging all of the writers whose previous own brilliant work aided and added to the breathtaking culmination that is ?Give Me Death?, would have been to do it by means of footnotes.

And then there?s the distraction of the word ?gully?. ?Gully? is a real word (?a small, shallow trench that water runs through?), and it?s used in the scene where Tala shoves the Bowie knife into Hawkins? belly. But why is it used in that scene?

At first I thought the writers meant the word ?gullet? but then the knife would have been lodged in Hawkins? throat, not his abdomen. Then I thought perhaps they meant to use the word ?guts?, which would, again, fit the location of the knife (in his abdomen). Of course, they could also have meant to say ?belly?. I can only attribute such a minor slip-up on the involved and highly intricate storyline, and/or fatigue.

Yet, the ?speed bumps? and such, though mildly annoying and distracting, are not enough to deny this story the rating that it so well deserves.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Weitzman (a.k.a. Head Nozzle):

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Allie Cat:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
MJ and Damon... I'm speechless. Absolutely speechless. This is definitely one of my favourite episodes! The recapping (and eventual sorting out and explaining) of the involvement of the evil leapers was excellently done. My, my, poor Sam continuously making enemies for himself! ;)

I'm not sure if I can capture all of the excitement I'm feeling right now after reading this story... it was just so full of energy, excitement, danger... like I said, I'm speechless (but obviously not fully, haha).

Logan... where have I heard that name before? ;)

Excellent job, both of you... now Damon and I can start working on the next saga! :b

... Mike. ^_^
(post #8 )

Last edited:
A big question was answered last season: could an Enterprise Xindi-type arc work in a Quantum Leap environment. Considering the premise is about jumping around in time, and not a 24-type story that goes from point A to Point B, left to right, I think it came together quite well and was able to tie in a lot of previous material and even raise new questions. The next daunting task is: can it be done again? Season 12 looks to build off of events of Season 11 (which has a lot of foreshadowing sprinkled in it...hehehe)...Good luck in advance to the Season 12 writing team...

this was a great story. Sam's psychosynergizing goes to the extreme when he kills his nephew. I like how the previous encounters with the evil leapers are all tied in.