Firefly / Serenity

Leaper4Life

Project QL Intern
Jan 15, 2006
The O.C.
www.myspace.com
Hey guys! Keep hope alive! After all... Serenity got made and Firefly only ran for 14 episodes! This movie was also produced by Universal... maybe they could do the same for QL.

Granted Serenity didn't do very well in the B.O. but I'd be happy with just a weekend mini-series of QL. It could happen! So which one of us is writing the script. ;)

Leaper4Life said:
Hey guys! Keep hope alive! After all... Serenity got made and Firefly only ran for 14 episodes! This movie was also produced by Universal... maybe they could do the same for QL.

Granted Serenity didn't do very well in the B.O. but I'd be happy with just a weekend mini-series of QL. It could happen! So which one of us is writing the script. ;)

Firefly was on for only 14 episodes before the movie? Wow...Serenity was awesome tho. I liked it. Is Firely on TV still? I don't know/remember where and when.

There have been so many rumors about BLF...I have fallen for a couple, but I do believe that there is hope yet for QL. The DVD releases have to help SOME...I mean, its getting ppl reinterested and it's showing how popular it was to the fans who buy it. Hopeful and wishful thinking....

Samantha Beckett

Samantha_Beckett said:
Firefly was on for only 14 episodes before the movie? Wow...Serenity was awesome tho. I liked it. Is Firely on TV still? I don't know/remember where and when.

Sadly Firefly was cancelled after they only aired 11 episodes. Biggest mistake in FOX's network career. Joss is the man! :bow

The show was creative and witty an supremely entertaining I'd HIGHLY suggest running out and picking up a copy of the series. Worth the money.

The point is... if that show can do it than so can QL!

Leaper4Life said:
Sadly Firefly was cancelled after they only aired 11 episodes. Biggest mistake in FOX's network career. Joss is the man! :bow

The show was creative and witty an supremely entertaining I'd HIGHLY suggest running out and picking up a copy of the series. Worth the money.

The point is... if that show can do it than so can QL!

Indeed, Joss Whedon rocks my face off. My fave of his was Angel. I HATED that that was cancelled. Fox has screwed up a couple of times. They cancelled both Firefly and Family Guy....but at least they brought back Family Guy.

Wait, so they made 14 eps but only aired 11? Hmm...that stinks. Does Sci-fi play them at all. I know 11 eps isnt much, but it would be a fun day marathon.

Samantha Beckett

Samantha_Beckett said:
Wait, so they made 14 eps but only aired 11? Hmm...that stinks. Does Sci-fi play them at all. I know 11 eps isnt much, but it would be a fun day marathon.

Samantha Beckett

Yes indeed Sci-Fi has been playing all eps of Firefly on Fridays at 7pm. Not sure if they still are but I would highly recommend purchasing them on DVD. You won't be wasting your money.

Leaper4Life said:
Yes indeed Sci-Fi has been playing all eps of Firefly on Fridays at 7pm. Not sure if they still are but I would highly recommend purchasing them on DVD. You won't be wasting your money.

7pm when? Like what time zone? I'm in central, so would that be 6?

Samantha Beckett

I know that your talking about Firefly...but I heard some one say that QL was going to be aired again in a marathon some time soon?? I also wounder if they are going to show them all or just one season? How was it done before. I would think it would talk a few days to show all of them.

Since you seem to know what you're talking about, is Firefly a good show? I've heard a lot of good things about it, and have had people urge me to watch it, but is it really worth seeing?

LadyKayoss said:
Since you seem to know what you're talking about, is Firefly a good show? I've heard a lot of good things about it, and have had people urge me to watch it, but is it really worth seeing?

Oh yes DEFINATELY! It has action, humor, wit and characters you just adore!!

If you liked Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, or ANGEL, then you know who Joss Whendon is. He also created Firefly. So run out and by the series now! You won't regret it. :hurray: :hurray:

I learned of Firefly from Serenity. I didn't know there was a tv show first, but Serenity looks awesome and entertaining ("Do you want to run this ship?" - "Yes." - "Well...you cant!" LOL). I have to catch Flirefly whenever its on TV cuz im flat broke and my pennies for going for Season 4 next month, lol.

Samantha Beckett

Very Nice Show. Good Movie

Hey everyone. I wanted to comment on this ever since I watched a Firefly episode with my roomate, but never got around to do it.

Actually, I also didn't want to comment on it because I hadn't seen Serenity. However, that problem has been solved since I watched it yesterday.

I though Firefly was a very good series, full of humor and wit, and insight in what could be our future life. It was an off-beat show, quite different from the other science-fiction shows that are out there, at least those that I know and have learned to love.

As for the movie, as good as it was, had it's weaknesses, mainly the missing family feeling that had been growing during the entire series. I thought the movie was a lot darker than the series
Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
Well, main characters die... I consider that being dark...
Of course, that was a good thing for the movie itsself. It gave a lot more depth to the story. However, I felt there was something missing that was there in the series, and it's that family spirit that they all grew to feel toward each other. Also, there was less of that sarcastic humor. Of course, there was this excellent "Do you want to run this ship?" line, which made me laugh, but the mood just wasn't light enough to allow more of that humor show.
The movie turned and twisted in ways I didn't expect... I expected a certain thing, and they did something else instead, and that pleased me considering that movies tend to get more and more predictable these days, always falling into the old clich?s, which this movie fortunately did not do.

Well, I would have many more things to say about it, but I will not bore you to tears or spoil the movie completely if you haven't seen it yet by telling everything that has happened in the movie and commenting on it. I hope you have a great night/day!!!

Clara

P.S. These are my own opinions. If you disagree, or (as remote as that idea can be ;)) agree, please feel free to comment. I'll be more than happy to hear your thoughts and explain mine.

Last edited:
Firefly was a complete suprise to me. I didn't watch it the first few weeks it was on because A: It was created by Joss Whedon, and B: Because the commercials for it looked so lame. I must say that I was very pleasantly suprised though, when I first decided to go ahead and watch this show.

Oddly enough, the first episode I saw was the last episode, which if I remember correctly was actually aired a week before the two hour pilot was shown. (Gotta love FOX's programming wizards.) I loved both the last episode and that two hour pilot, so when I heard the show had been put on DVD I quickly bought a copy, and I have been a fan of the show's universe ever since.

My foray into the 'Verse began with a friend of mine telling me about the show. I'd seen the trailer for Serenity and thought it looked cool. Then one day when I happened to be home the Sci-Fi channel had a Firefly marathon. I fell in love with it.

Not only is Nathan Fillion a real cutie but I have simply ADORED Alan Tudyk since I first saw him in A Knight's Tale. He is a FANTASTIC character actor!

"Ha Ha Ha!. Mine is an evil laugh!" ~ Wash

I must say that i have never watched an ep of Firefly or seen Serenity.
But i've heard a lot of good things that i just might go and and buy the series on dvd! and get serenity when it comes out on dvd in late march.

I know it will be good, cause it's Joss whedon! so it's gotta be good!

And Fox, need people who actually know a good show when they see it!
It really does annoy me that they keep canceling top quality shows, like Angel, Quantum leap and now this Firefly!

I mean when Angel finished I was like, Noooooo! i want more! i wanna see Angel shanshu! (turn human, for non angel fans ;) )

And although i cannot remember when QL got canceled back in the day.
Every time i read an episode description of the final ep, and that it states that Sam never leaped home. i find myself welling up!

I know! Call me a sentimental fool, but i just wanted to see him finally return home like he deserves. And if Fox hadn't canceled the show, i'm almost certain we would've seen him do just that!

But alas it was not to be! We can only wait with baited breath for this Ql mini movie, that Dean has been heard talking of. But it better star Scott Bakula, or i will be sincerley annoyed!

Well that's my little rant over and done with!
Take care my fellow leapers! And don't bump into any nozzles now! ;)

Emz said:
I must say that i have never watched an ep of Firefly or seen Serenity.
But i've heard a lot of good things that i just might go and and buy the series on dvd! and get serenity when it comes out on dvd in late march.

I know it will be good, cause it's Joss whedon! so it's gotta be good!

.... And if Fox hadn't canceled the show, i'm almost certain we would've seen him do just that!

Yay for Firefly/Serenity!!! You will truly enjoy the show. It's the bestest in the 'verse. ;)

And I'm not sure if Fox aired the show over in the UK but in the US it was NBC/Universal. So they're not the big baddies in regards to QL.

Well, I finally got my DVD of "Serenity" to go with my "Firefly" boxed set! I'm a happy man! Great show, great movie. Shame it looks like it's all gonna end.