Screen Cap

I just had a thought. I have a portable DVD player. Is there a way I can hook it up to the computer or monitor, and pause and do a screen cap that way?

Al The Observer said:
I searched the Help menu of Media Player, and found instructions on how to do an image capture, but when I followed them, that option was not there.

I have not found that option on Interactual player, Power DVD, or RealPlayer. I suppose I'll have to call my brother and ask permission to borrow his computer to download the trial software, and then remove it when I'm finished, unless someone else has another suggestion.

If it's Cyberlink PowerDVD, you should be able to cap simply by hitting the "c" key while the DVD is playing. That's how I do all my caps.

It should be noted that there are some versions of Cyberlink PowerDVD that do not have the screencapture option. It's the DirectX - works on a different driver than the normal "Print Screen" function. Download Fraps. It's free and you don't have to do anything fancy.

Just open Fraps, play the DVD and hit the designated screencapture key (it's set on F10 for me) as many times as you want. They save them as BMPs in the free version, but just open up a paint program, change the resolution and the size, the file type, color correct to your heart's content and voila.