quantum leap wallpaper

Lovely!

Are you offering them for public consumption? (In other words can we all use them or is it strictly look but don't touch?)

They are indeed lovely. It's a nice composition, of course. And very popular subject matter! (It seems that everyone's pretty much all into Al and Beth, including myself.)

They seem a little dark, however, but the way the images are placed is thoughtful, so I really like it. Would you like a critique or should I keep those opinions to myself?

LunarCrystal said:
They are indeed lovely. It's a nice composition, of course. And very popular subject matter! (It seems that everyone's pretty much all into Al and Beth, including myself.)

They seem a little dark, however, but the way the images are placed is thoughtful, so I really like it. Would you like a critique or should I keep those opinions to myself?

no i welcome criticism as long as its constructive :D

Awesome! Constructive criticism then.

You've got a good eye for composition! Like I said, this is good and it makes me like them. Couple things you may want to look into, though, is blending and smoothing. I guess it all depends on what program you're using. Things like Photoshop 7 or CS2 are top notch. Paint Shop Pro, I think, is also popular. OR if you don't have that kind of money (or connections) you could always look into OpenCanvas, which is a LOT cheaper and has the same capability as the aforementioned.

Now, with these programs, you get neato tools that could help you blend the color and lighting of the pictures. The first one, for example: The background is fine, but the two foreground pictures (Al and Beth) seem skewed, and the overall picture is dark. You could lighten the whole thing up and smooth out the edges so they aren't as rough, and maybe even blend the pictures slightly with the background.

I could be making absolutely no sense. I do that, a lot. So, I could suggest you go to www.deviantart.com and put in the search field "wallpaper tutorial" or something similar. You could put in just "tutorial" after almost anything and find a good bit of instruction on how to do whatever it is you want to learn to do. I learned some neat blending techniques this way, actually. Very useful.

If I can ever be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me!

You did a good job! *hug*

Carol

LunarCrystal said:
Awesome! Constructive criticism then.

You've got a good eye for composition! Like I said, this is good and it makes me like them. Couple things you may want to look into, though, is blending and smoothing. I guess it all depends on what program you're using. Things like Photoshop 7 or CS2 are top notch. Paint Shop Pro, I think, is also popular. OR if you don't have that kind of money (or connections) you could always look into OpenCanvas, which is a LOT cheaper and has the same capability as the aforementioned.

Now, with these programs, you get neato tools that could help you blend the color and lighting of the pictures. The first one, for example: The background is fine, but the two foreground pictures (Al and Beth) seem skewed, and the overall picture is dark. You could lighten the whole thing up and smooth out the edges so they aren't as rough, and maybe even blend the pictures slightly with the background.

I could be making absolutely no sense. I do that, a lot. So, I could suggest you go to www.deviantart.com and put in the search field "wallpaper tutorial" or something similar. You could put in just "tutorial" after almost anything and find a good bit of instruction on how to do whatever it is you want to learn to do. I learned some neat blending techniques this way, actually. Very useful.

If I can ever be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me!

You did a good job! *hug*

Carol

you make perfect sense, thanks
I recently downloaded a free trial of adobe photoshop cs, and i've been having a play around with it, I'm probably gunna get the real version, when the trial runs out. and I'm deffinatly gunna check out the "wallpaper tutorial"
thanks very much i apreciate your help alot, I'll probably post some more sometime and let you have a look.
Thanks x x x

I don't know if you use LiveJournal or not but there's several communities there that also have tutorials. I'm not at home right now so I don't have access to the links to them but if you search for "tutorials" under interest at http://www.livejournal.com you'll get a list. One thing I've learned about tutorials is that you can't follow them exactly. Unless you're using the same picture with the same coloring and lighting the effects will vary. I've used tutorials as guides and suggestions for different things but nearly everytime I end up adapting it - sometimes a lot, sometimes just a little - to do what I want. Sometimes I just take some of the ideas presented in an tutorial and then apply them the way I think they work best.

they're awsome :D i especially like the wrong stuff one, thats one of my favourite episodes :D
Thanks. Putting them together is a from of relaxation for me. Besides, I need to put the several thousand various screencaps I have to good use. :)

Ehh, the themes are very nice, and the way you arranged the pictures are lovely, but I am guessing you dont use photoshop because that looks like my meteocore work on powerpoint :p

Very nice effort though I especially love the Al and Beth one. :)

jmoniz said:
Calavicci's_Girl, those are really great wallpapers. Thanks for sharing them.

Oh, I wouldn't say that. I've done more than my fair share of QL wallpapers (http://creative.americanapics.com/quantum_leap1.htm) and you can see the vast majority of it is Sam.
Wanted to compliment you on these. They're lovely, and I was surprised to see a quote from one of my favorite songs (Standing Outside the Fire).

Great job.

And I love your placement as well, Calavicci's Girl. Very emotional.

Wanted to compliment you on these. They're lovely, and I was surprised to see a quote from one of my favorite songs (Standing Outside the Fire).

Thank you. "Standing Outside the Fire" is one of my favorite songs as well. The day I did that one I'd heard it on the radio and I just knew I had to work it into one somehow.