Tamlyn's baby should take ABLF

Kal-El

Project QL Intern
Nov 3, 2005
I just watched Temptation Eyes and i realised...

1. Sam & Tamlyn did "it"
2. Al never looked to see what happened to her after Sam changed history and lept
3. it was set in 1985
4. If Tamlyn got pregnant by Sam the baby would be 21 in November 2006

So if they wanted a child of sam's, aged in their 20's - theres no need to mess around with Sammy Jo's timeline

And who better to go looking for their father than a psychic genius!!!(As conviently the child would inherit psychic abilities from Tamlyn and genius from Sam).

The kid wouldn't even need an Observer and could "follow" Sam purely by will power.

OMG!

That's a GREAT idea! It's brilliant!

Yeah, she'd be half a year younger than me... Cool.

I mean, I know Sammy Jo's important and all, but they could easily have her working there at the Project, being her real, normal age....

Now, I'd like to see her still have an Observer, though... Maybe they could explain the presence of an Observer by, say... Her being in another person's physical aura limits her psychic abilities, so while she can get flashes, they're not anything as strong as she would normally get being in her own aura.... The Observer could be there to fill in the details and/or maybe have some device on the handlink that can boost the girl's powers through something connected with Al and electronic signals or whatever science-y stuff that could be used to explain it.

Yeah.... I REALLY like your idea.

'Cause, I mean, it's not like anyone but really big fans are gonna really remember Trilogy and what goes on with Sammy Jo, so it's not like people are going to be *really* attached to her and therefore want her to star. Plus, a lot of fans like continuity, so I think a lot of people would really like that Sammy Jo is in the movie/series in her correct position and age...

Joy

That really IS a brilliant idea. Both of them! lol

A child of Tamlyns would be ideal age-wise etc. Perfect in oh so many ways to take up the baton.

I like the idea of limited psychic powers, or unreliable psychic powers, too otherwise it becomes too convenient a plot device to solve every problem - too easy. (Hence the restricted psychic powers I gave Dr Koulianos in my fanfic "Snake in the Grass" at www.fanfiction.net *shameless plugosity*)

The next logical step is that Sammi-Jo should act as observer for the new Leaper.

I really hope the PTB get wind of this idea if they are going to proceed with ABLF. Far more satisfying to fans than the travesty of messing with Trilogy to make S-J younger.

Bravo.

That is a brilliant idea!!! I could totally get on board with a younger child of Sam's if it was his and Tamlyn's.

Who would you cast in the role?

She was born in 1988, but I think Brenda Song would be a good choice...she's got a youthfulness and a maturity to her...I think she could pull it off.

brendasong.jpg

It's an interesting idea, and the age thing certainly does work out nicely...but the idea of Sam fathering two children in the past with two different women and being married to Donna (also fathering a child with her in the VS) doesn't quite sit well with me. For one, it might make things seem a little too confusing or messy with the timeline and having Donna wait for him in the present. We'd end up with a grown-up genius who now works at the Project, and another younger genius (or at least just a psychic) traveling around with premonitions. Not impossible, but I think it kind of starts to approach the line between silly and plausible. But then again, a lot of other things that have happened in the series were a lot harder to believe than that...

Kal-El said:
I just watched Temptation Eyes and i realised...

1. Sam & Tamlyn did "it"
2. Al never looked to see what happened to her after Sam changed history and lept
3. it was set in 1985
4. If Tamlyn got pregnant by Sam the baby would be 21 in November 2006

So if they wanted a child of sam's, aged in their 20's - theres no need to mess around with Sammy Jo's timeline

And who better to go looking for their father than a psychic genius!!!(As conviently the child would inherit psychic abilities from Tamlyn and genius from Sam).

The kid wouldn't even need an Observer and could "follow" Sam purely by will power.

oh and by the way. this is an awsome idea. i like a Tamlyn daughter much better than Sammy Jo. just MO though.

Brenda Song is a good idea, but it'd take me a while to adjust to her playing a psychic genius when I'm used to see her as a superficial airhead (Suite Life). LOL ;)

As for the plausibility, yeah, it might be a *tad* out there, but I like it a lot better than what they were wanting to do in order to make Sammy Jo younger....

Joy

tina_als_girl said:
Brenda Song is a good idea, but it'd take me a while to adjust to her playing a psychic genius when I'm used to see her as a superficial airhead (Suite Life). LOL ;)

As for the plausibility, yeah, it might be a *tad* out there, but I like it a lot better than what they were wanting to do in order to make Sammy Jo younger....

Joy

yeah i totally agree Joy, it would be weird to see Brenda Song as a psychic Genious, but i think she would play the part real well. and she does kinda resemble Tamlyn.

Samlyn is born!

Hmmmmm i'm glad to see so many ppl liked my idea!!

Seeing Sam was with Tamlyn for 2 intense weeks i assume they did "it" several times (a day - lol!).

And i don't think its any less plausable than Sammy-Jo's conception or a conception with Donna in 1999. Especially considering all the other far out things that happened on the show.

But i can see how conservative types would have a problem with the idea of Sam sowing his wild oats through out history!

My idea full explained is that, Tamlyn's baby (lets just call her Samlyn - LOL!)

Leaps into people and has some idea of whats wrong and how to help them due to her heighten intution (But VERY good idea that this could be weakened by the leapee's aura!)

AND she also has feelings like - Sam is in 1959 in a small town in Sweden - Oh, well this is out of my lifespan i can't leap there.

So (very co-incidently) after she fixes a persons problem she gets a preminition - Sam is in Sydney Australia in 1992 - so she leaps there (as she controls her own destiny as Sam does - but is more aware of this).

So now "Samlyn" has conflicting priorities - to help the person she has leapt into in Sydney in 1992 (who conviently has a wrong needing righting) or to track down her father...she has to try to do both leading to sacrifice leading to tortured hero leading to superb viewing.

Other Ideas:
Maybe their paths cross occasionally,
Maybe this realisation of Sam's whereabouts is much more sub-consious and she doesn't actually realise she is following Sam or even know who Sam is or remember that he is a leaping in time at all

But no matter what her/his senses means that "Samlyn" is drawn to him...

But to make the idea work "Samlyn" does need an observer - and who better than the older, wiser Sammy Jo!

P.S. I also REALLY like the mixed race Asian/Caucasion element presented by "Samlyn" - i know this is an AWFUL name! Ha!
And the all girl dynamic offered by Samlyn & Sammy Jo.

Samlyn, i love that hehe. and unlike Sammy JO she should resemble Sam at least one percent, thats one (very small) reason i dislike Sammy Jo.