You know you're a fanatic when...

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
Time to ressurect an old idea I think.

You know you are a complete QL fanatic when....

Mine today was

You look with interest at an article in a Mac newsletter simply because it is headed
'BPI begs Beckett to step up pressure at G8 summit'

Obsessed? Moi? Nah! :lol

Mine is always:

I watch it when nothing else is on, or when i am not feling 100% and need a boost.
Is always the subject of my discussions with my best friend on AIM
I daydream about Scott
All my fanfics are QL currently
I will look up Ql on anything that lists Tv Shows
I am always interested in behind the scenes stuff, and always interested in info about the actors
probably the biggest one yet is:
i got so anxious to see the rest of the series before season four came out that i bought a bootleg (didnt know what bootleg was at the time, however)
Oh and Kristen and i started a personal never ending Ql story (which we only do with shows and movies that we are really really into)

Mine:
You visit Al's Place everyday (well just about) just to get a QL fix, I tell you it's worse than an addiction!. You also search the web just for the tiniest nugget of QL goodness and watch the show whenever it's on... stuff the homework, ziggy needs my attention!!:help

Mine would be...
Having to watch it everyday, without fail. Like you guys said, it is like a fix.
Coming on this site everyday...
And seeing things like... in the street and stuff that remind me of the show. It's on my mind all the time and sometimes gets pretty anoying when people don't know what I'm talking about.

I feel your pain. I was in the obessed phase for a long time. I remember the sense of satisfaction putting the last lable on my collection of taped shows after many hours trying to get that one missing episode. Plus they all had to be in order, which got to be confusing. After frequent viewing they are worn out and I'm still hesitent to buy the DVDs past season 1.

SonOfSam said:
No the music deal. I'm in the camp that maybe they'll fix it someday. I'm sorry I can't except MIA with no Georgia On My Mind!!! :p

Oh, I see. Well I only have season 1, and I can't wait to get the rest. It's really horrid that I have to wait for my birthday! :(

The Caz said:
Well I only have season 1, and I can't wait to get the rest. It's really horrid that I have to wait for my birthday!
me too, the first one im gunna get is season 4 i think coz there were about 5 epis that werent shown on tv for some reason - apparently too contravertial or something... doent quite seem relevant now since half of what's on tv is delibrately controversial...

anyway - my acts of fanaticism would beee...
my addiction to this website for one, my love of the fan-fics, current stockwell obsession - im starting a lil collection of his films, i have two more on the way from amazon XD... i've read through the lyrics to a few of my songs and decided that they are, in some ways, QL related. I sometimes read things and imagine sam reading them half out-loud and Al responding like "oh thats good sam yeah... " lol - just randomly! Oh and i've been recently listening to Georgia on my mind over and over coz its ace!

Okay, im rambling now... but you did ask. lol

The Caz said:
Oh, I see. Well I only have season 1, and I can't wait to get the rest. It's really horrid that I have to wait for my birthday! :(

I've got Seasons 1 and 3 (picked up 3 for ?11.99 - best bargain ever) on DVD and practically all of seasons 4 and 5 on tape, series 2 is out of my reach (for now evasive little swine!) but I will get it nearer to my birthday in october, i'm not so sure about 4 and 5 either cos of the music replacements but i'm one of those people who has to have the whole set of something or I go a little:wacko . So i'll probs be a sucker and buy em anyway. Oh well.:rolleyes

SonOfSam said:
No the music deal. I'm in the camp that maybe they'll fix it someday. I'm sorry I can't except MIA with no Georgia On My Mind!!! :p

If you can get or hack a region free dvd player, seasons 2 and 3 in the region 2 versions have original music (there are whole threads about it here on the site somewhere).
It is only with season 4 that we in Britain have suffered the same fate as our transatlantic friends and been subjected to the substitute stuff.

I Keep Seeing Sam in Real Estate

Around here, there is a Beckett development company with signs everywhere. Whenever I see the sign...guess where the mind goes.

Then earlier today, I saw a sign for Scott Building, Inc. Okay...that one put my mind in a distinct location too!

TessCrazy said:
yeah i get reminded of QL when i watch "Jake 2.0" coz one of the characters is called "commander Beckett"

oh and caz, is it a sign when you have "i <3 Ziggy" in your msn screen name eh? :p

mwahaha

There's a Beckett character in Stargate Atlantis too!

The other symptom is when you keep reworking lyrics to songs so that they fit Sam, Al and co. (like my leaping version of "Sounds of Silence" called Point of Leaping - shameless plugosity) or that you see how perfect the existing lyrics are to the situation of one of more characters.

Every single time I hear the name 'Beckett,' I immediately think of Sam. PotC 2, baseball... wherever. It seems to be a common affliction!

leaper1 said:
If you can get or hack a region free dvd player, seasons 2 and 3 in the region 2 versions have original music (there are whole threads about it here on the site somewhere).
It is only with season 4 that we in Britain have suffered the same fate as our transatlantic friends and been subjected to the substitute stuff.

I read some of the threads in the DVD fourum to get up to speed. That might be a good solution since I'm getting ready ready to build a new PC system that is going to be a HT.

Back on topic..... When I was a kid I'd get borded in school and start playing with my calculator pretending it was a Handlink. I'd get some weird looks as I sceamed at Ziggy while whacking the side and adding numbers to get %100 leap out.

You know your a fanatic when....

Just a list....

1. You constantly think of QL,
2. You write QL fan-fiction,
3. You sleep QL (which I have)
4. You are driving down the road and have to pull over to write down an idea that just popped into your brain.
5. (said earlier) Your favorite phrase is Oh Boy!
6. Your family calls you the Quantum Leap Guru
7. You go to your family reunion and family that you haven't seen in at least 2 years asks how the Quantum Leap Fan Fiction writing is going instead of how the original story that you're writing is going.
8. You have more Quantum Leap Internet buddies than you do in real life. (I admit it... it's true... and I don't care! :p )
9. (said earlier also) You find yourself going to Al's Place to check to see what new things have been said AND you are aggravated over Georgia On My Mind being taken from the DVD! AUGH!
10. You drive your cookies all the way over to New Orleans, Louisanna, drive down near the French Quarter on accident, meander through the streets in a connecting town after crossing the river and finally spend 2 and ahalf days giggling said cookies off those days because you got to spend those said days with 3 of the most wonderful people you've ever met.... thanks to Quantum Leap.

bestfriends.jpg

Personally... Number 10 is the BEST reason for QL!!! WHAT A WEEKEND!!!​

MJ

QL Damsel said:
Here's another one for ya....

You find yourself humming, do-dahing and la-la-ing the Quantum Leap theme song when you are put on hold on the phone. (I found myself doing it tonight!) LOL

MJ

Whenever an annoying song gets on my brain, I always shift it by singing "Somewhere in the Night" in my head.

QL Damsel said:
10. You drive your cookies all the way over to New Orleans, Louisanna, drive down near the French Quarter on accident, meander through the streets in a connecting town after crossing the river and finally spend 2 and ahalf days giggling said cookies off those days because you got to spend those said days with 3 of the most wonderful people you've ever met.... thanks to Quantum Leap.

bestfriends.jpg

Personally... Number 10 is the BEST reason for QL!!! WHAT A WEEKEND!!!​

MJ

Awwww. :hug: Agree completely!!! :D

Breakfast food will never be the same again...

And, given above post with said comments, the person doing the reading is glad to see that the person doing the writing is sharing the same level of Sparrow-speak of late, given said posting...

....savvy? ;)

McDuck said:
Awwww. :hug: Agree completely!!! :D

Breakfast food will never be the same again...

And, given above post with said comments, the person doing the reading is glad to see that the person doing the writing is sharing the same level of Sparrow-speak of late, given said posting...

....savvy? ;)

Savvy, my dear! Savvy! Arrrrgh!

:p

MJ

Now I know I'm crazy.

A few days ago I was sat in bed and I could have sworn I heard the imaging chamber door open and close.

Turns out it was just the builders next door moving some planks of wood...

Last edited:
I think you qualify as a fanatic when you suffer from withdrawal from not being able to communicate with other, equally obsessed individuals. I missed the Al's Place board the past week.