516 Revenge <AKA Evil Leaper III>

Revenge

• Total voters
I thought of something - in Return of the Evil Leaper, when they hear "Arnold" asking Al for help, Zoe asks Lothos who reveals it's Sam. That means Lothos must be able to scan people for leapers. In Revenge of the Evil Leaper, why didn't Zoe just tell Thames to have Lothos scan all the prisoners to find Sam and Alia?

I don't understand how Thames thought Alia was still in the box when it was actually the officer. Why was he detecting her brainwaves in there? Also did they cut out a scene. Suddenly Al and Thames claim the electrical force field around the prison was preventing the evil project from locking on to Alia and Sam.

Also is this the closest date (1987) Sam has ever been to home (with the obvious exception of Leap Back)

I thought of something - in Return of the Evil Leaper, when they hear "Arnold" asking Al for help, Zoe asks Lothos who reveals it's Sam. That means Lothos must be able to scan people for leapers. In Revenge of the Evil Leaper, why didn't Zoe just tell Thames to have Lothos scan all the prisoners to find Sam and Alia?

The end of the episode suggests the force field around the prison prevented that from happening.

I don't understand how Thames thought Alia was still in the box when it was actually the officer. Why was he detecting her brainwaves in there? Also did they cut out a scene. Suddenly Al and Thames claim the electrical force field around the prison was preventing the evil project from locking on to Alia and Sam.

Well we have to remember that when Sam and Alia leapt to the prison, they leapt into the box. After that they were sent to wait in the lobby at Myers' office, and then in the closet where they did the hypnosis to disguise Alia's brainwaves. Really, there were only three places where Alia's true brainwaves had been - the box, the lobby and the closet - so it makes sense that while Lothos is scanning from the brainwaves, that it might pick up some residual brainwaves from where Alia had been.

Also is this the closest date (1987) Sam has ever been to home (with the obvious exception of Leap Back)

Yes I believe so. Although in some of the novels I believe he leapt into the '90s.

The end of the episode suggests the force field around the prison prevented that from happening.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten that, thank you :)

I find it hilarious that the office actually waits for Sam to get info from Al at the end before putting him at the back of the vehicle at the end of the leap. For most of it, Sam isn't even saying much, just listening to Al.

It's amazing that I'm STILL finding something new every time I watch this episode.

This might have been obvious to others, but I guess I'm a bit slow on the uptake. Al says that after Fiddler gets out of gaol, she disappears without a trace. I didn't join the dots until this latest viewing, that Fiddler must have been murdered by Myers since she was the closest thing to a witness to Carol Bending's murder.

It was made immediately clear to the audience that Sam and Alia had leapt together and ended up in the Box, i find it unbelievable that to an evil A.I unit such as Lothos that they could not summise that Liz and Angel were in fact Sam and Alia.

I mean look at the facts, 2 prisoners who were inseperable with somewhat questionable memory, 2 + 2 should have equalled 4 nearly instantly from when Zoey leapt in and saw those 2 characters acting in that fashion.