805 A Promise Fulfilled

A Promise Fulfilled

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
A Promise Fulfilled
May 15, 1993

Independence, Missouri

Originally, this history did not need changing. But something Sam does after he leaps in causes history to change. Now, Sam must not only help a group of people survive the wrath of a tornado, but he and Al must deal with their emotional attachment to a familiar person whose life now hangs in the balance.

Written by: R. Joy Helvie

Our rating system changed this season and consisted of six raters and six back-up raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.2

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
:angel
I really liked how put this story together it was just great how
Al got to keep his promise.But it was very hard for him,and
how it happened

Wow, great story, Joy!!

Very touching ending with Al and Theresa. Excellent writing! :D

I think it was wonderful that the series remembered that episode, and that promise Al made, and I think the end of the episode was one of the most touching in the series. Wonderful!

*sigh* I'm glad everyone liked it.

Looking back on it now, 7 1/2 years later, I realize just how far I have come since then in my writing. One of these days, I would love to do a full rewrite of this story, to bring it up to par with my better writing, fill some plot holes, re-work characters, and do some other cleanup and possible additions.

I have a semi-sequel that I've had planned for a long while now, but I feel like I need to re-write this one before I can go forward with the new story. I also will feel better if I can get a better representation of my writing out there to the world. I'm really rather humiliated by this piece. To defend myself to myself, though, I didn't know what Mary Sues were when I wrote this. LOL

Joy

This could just be me, but I thought that you did a great job with that episode, and captured the loving-fatherly vibe that Al felt towards Theresa. Yes, you may have improved with technical skill in seven and a half years, but I don't think that this story needs to be rewritten. It's superb just the way it is.

Awww... You make me blush. *blushes*

I still feel for me, personally, I could make it a whole lot better. I remember how when it was rated one person gave me a 4, and back then I couldn't for the life of me understand why... Now I do.

I do invite anyone on here reading this to critique the heck out of this story; it could be very helpful to me in doing a re-write. Though do bear in mind that I do already know about the issue of the Mary Sue (which makes me cringe like there's no tomorrow).

Joy