Old 06-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #26
heatherb
Waiting Room Visitor

I just had my sister download the application, it was only $1. The noises aren't quite the same, but they'll do. I heard the iTouch can download applications, so I may get that
Old 08-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #27
amymh
Waiting Room Visitor

I've had this a while and I love it
Even though I've got stuck on level 41, it doesn't matter, I just like bashing Ziggy (yeah i see i'm not original with that!) on the side so she squawks. Fun times.
Although sometimes, when the app opens, it's just a plain white screen which is annoying.
I got Ziggy a new case the other day... I've been looking for one closest resembling the handlink but with no luck... I may have to design one and get it made when I have money. Anyway, the case she has now is multicoloured squares - not bad.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #28
NeuroMason
Control Room Technician

ha ha.. i was thinking about that! But i don't have an iphone. Im verizon as well. I thought "man it would be nice if i just had an iphone long enough to measure the size of it and make a case thats made out of acrylic (not as big as the actual handlink) that lights up to put the iphone inside of.. That would be cool to have all the sounds and the look!! lol.. Right now i can build a full size replica with sound effects but there not touch sensitive like the iphone or anything. I mean, you actually have to press an analog button lol... oh well, still a cool concept though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amymh View Post
I've had this a while and I love it
Even though I've got stuck on level 41, it doesn't matter, I just like bashing Ziggy (yeah i see i'm not original with that!) on the side so she squawks. Fun times.
Although sometimes, when the app opens, it's just a plain white screen which is annoying.
I got Ziggy a new case the other day... I've been looking for one closest resembling the handlink but with no luck... I may have to design one and get it made when I have money. Anyway, the case she has now is multicoloured squares - not bad.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #29
amymh
Waiting Room Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroMason View Post
ha ha.. i was thinking about that! But i don't have an iphone. Im verizon as well. I thought "man it would be nice if i just had an iphone long enough to measure the size of it and make a case thats made out of acrylic (not as big as the actual handlink) that lights up to put the iphone inside of.. That would be cool to have all the sounds and the look!! lol.. Right now i can build a full size replica with sound effects but there not touch sensitive like the iphone or anything. I mean, you actually have to press an analog button lol... oh well, still a cool concept though.
:O analog - talk about time travel! haha... yeah that case would be awesome
Old 10-22-2009, 02:37 AM   #30
Imagine
Control Room Technician

Yesterday my husband bought an IPhone. Can't wait to get the app with the handlink. I think we'll download it at the weekend. He's no fan of QL but it's okay for him, when I use the handlink sometimes on his phone.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:05 AM   #31
Imagine
Control Room Technician

We downloaded the app Ziggy Lights-on.

The sounds are not like the original but very similar. It's funny to tap the "handlink" against the hand to make it squawk. I played the game yesterday and came up to level 16. It's really funny and not so easy. You have to put the lights on in particular order. Sometimes when you touch an area to put the light on, the light in another area turns of. You get the next level, when you turned the lights on in all areas. Perhaps I'll play on this evening. I'm sure, I'll succeed level 50!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #32
QL Nut
Project Observer

I just recently switched from Verizon to Sprint (unbeatable plan) and picked myself up one of those smart phones (just like the iPhone but with a physical keypad). Anyway, I looked up this old thread hoping there was a version of this app for the Android software, but no luck. At least I haven't found it yet. I'd love to have this for my phone!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #33
leaper
Control Room Technician

one qs with this application can you go back in time and leap in to someone? or is just a flashing crap LOL
Old 03-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #34
Hot Rod
PQL Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Calavicci View Post
Has anyone else seen the Ziggy Lights-on application for the iphone?
It turns your iphone screen into a replica of Al's handlink,it flashes and beeps when you touch it and even squawks when you hit the side with your hand!
Its not as good as having a real Quantum Leap handlink,but still pretty cool,and a bargain to download at 99cents!
Pity theres not a Windows Mobile version of this app, I dont have an iPhone, but have a Samsung Omnia (Windows Mobile..)

I know of a very good site for Windows Mobile apps, but they dont have this yet...ARGH!!
Old 03-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #35
Mr Questionmark
Imaging Chamber Technician

and not out for the N97 either
Old 09-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #36
AdyCarter
PQL Visitor

Apologies for bumping an ancient post.

I recently cobbled this together and thought some of you guys may appreciate it:
https://market.android.com/details?i...ter.ZiggyDroid

I made it purely because I couldnt find anything similar for an Android handset.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #37
Trudy
Waiting Room Visitor

Ady, thank you so much for the app! Downloaded it a few minutes ago, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #38
Trinity
Waiting Room Visitor

I have the app! It is very addicting for me, i spent my free time at work playing it once, and got past level 30!!!

*Official Friend of the Green Dot*
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #39
heatherb
Waiting Room Visitor

A few years have passed since my last post in this thread and I now have my own iPhone. I downloaded the app just now, along with Ziggy's Time Traveler. Too bad I hate Lights On (or Off) games. :P

I'm in serious want of a QL phone cover. I might just have to invent it myself.