Alumni sighting

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
ITV2 over the past two nights has been showing the mini-series 'Pandemic'.
In it both John Kapelos (Curse of Ptah Hotep) and Tamlyn Tomita (Temptation Eyes) have roles.

I just love spotting QL alumni, don't you guys?

I had several alumni sightings on Christmas day. In the morning, my dad was watching an episode of "Mad About You" which had the guy who played Lee Harvey Oswald. Later that day, my brother decided to watch some episodes of "Home Improvement" which my dad has on DVD. The episodes he watched ended up having Bruce McGill and Kimberly Cullum. And another episode he watched had a flashback to an earlier HI episode in which there was a guest who can play music using a saw - and this woman was one of the contestants in the QL episode "Miss Deep South!"

I think my cries of "He/She was on Quantum Leap!" drove my brother crazy after awhile.

Well, while we're at it, I was watching a few episodes of Seinfeld recently and caught Teri Hatcher (Donna in "Star-Crossed"), Susan Diol (Beth in "M.I.A." and "Mirror Image") and Tracy Kolis (Lisa in "Hurricane") in separate episodes. (I know that's probably old news to most people, but I was never a die-hard Seinfeld fan.)

Him who was the one who played Al was in an episode of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman the other week, he played this reporter guy called Preston Blake. I liked.

Enterprise said:
Him who was the one who played Al was in an episode of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman the other week, he played this reporter guy called Preston Blake. I liked.
what season?

looked it up: Season 1 and it's Preston Carpenter

Last edited:
If you really want to play the he/she was on QL game, watch JAG. I was watching the first season on DVD and round about the 13th episode my sister would just tell me to shut up when I started to open my mouth because she knew what I was going to say. Of course, both shows come from Bellisario so maybe that had something to do with it.

I was pretty surprised recently to find out that Marcia Cross was in an episode of Quantum Leap! She plays Bree on Desperate Housewives, for any non-fans of that show. She's my favourite character on D.H. :)

And another episode he watched had a flashback to an earlier HI episode in which there was a guest who can play music using a saw - and this woman was one of the contestants in the QL episode "Miss Deep South!"

lol. I have Home Improvement - first season too, and I noticed that, but when I was watching "Miss Deep South" and seen her, I said to my parents, who were visiting while I was watching it, "She was on Home Improvement doing that!"
Everytime they visited and seen I was watching "Quantum Leap", they'd roll their eyes and say "not again"...