Getting To Know Eachother

Sam's Crow

Project QL Intern
Jun 12, 2008
Liverpool, England
I know we can just look at each other's profiles but I thought this would be a nice way to find out about the people on this forum.

Full name: Caitlin Maria Gibson
Job: I'm still in school.
How I came across this site: Google
How I came acroos QL: My mum
Favourite music: How long have you got? :p I like Meatloaf, Alice Cooper, Def Leppard, The Rasmus, Tracy Chapman, DragonForce, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Iron Maiden and loads more. Hard to choose a favourite
Favourite films: I like anything The Green Mile, The Crow, Interview With The Vampire, The Birds, The Gift and more...
Favourite books: I like anything by Anne Rice, Stephen King, James Hervert and Dean Koontz. Oh, and To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee is a classic.
Interests: I like to draw, read a lot, write a lot, I love listening to music and I play drums. I also like computers, filming and photography.
Other: I plan on teaching when I'm older, preferabley in a high school or college. I'm torn between English literature and IT.
I find it incredibley difficult to choose my favourite subjects in school. I can choose my worst subject; PE. I'm not like most kids in my school. I like to learn things.
I know a bit of Dutch, Spanish (not by choice), Arabic (not by choice) and Scandinavian languages.

You get the idea.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll post one for me.

Full name: Isabel, that's all I'm gonna say. ;)
Job: Still at school, doing my GCSEs (just going into Yr 11).
How I came across this site: Looking for QL fanart.
How I came across QL: My parents, aided by the QL Day on ITV 3 that time. ^^
Favourite music: Weird Al, Voltaire, My Chemical Romance, Crush 40... Mostly rock music, but Weird Al is actually my hero, he's a damn genius.
Favourite films: Evolution, O Brother Where Art Thou? and Shaun of the Dead.
Favourite books: Ooh, that's a hard one... I'd say my favourite series of books is Xanth by Piers Anthony, and I like The Book Thief too.
Interests: I love drawing, but I'm only really good at cartoons. I also love writing. I wanna be a photographer and writer when I'm older. :) I like singing, reading, and getting a lot of my friends together and mooching about. XD
Other: I'm a very hyper person. I used to be very quiet, but I heard people thought I was shy, so I tried to change, and now I'm often very loud without meaning to be. XD I write down a lot of the funny things my friends, famiyl and I say in my notebook, so I've got a long list of funny quotes ready to repeat at any moment. :p A lot of people view me as completely psycho, and maybe I am... :wacko

@Sam's Crow: You like To Kill a Mockingbird? We've gotta read that over the summer for English.

Oh crap! I haven't started it yet! Must dash!

Full name: Helen Madeleine Earl
Job: Digital Content Technician in school.
How I came across this site: Through friends at the old sci fi forum
How I came across QL: My hubby was recommended it by a colleague, so we started recording it, but he’s never watched it and never will!
Favourite music: How long have you got? I have eclectic tastes and prefer to judge each piece on its own merits rather than go with genres. Mostly hate Jazz and Opera, though I like some tunes in both. Mostly love Country, Gospel, Soundtracks and Classical, but there are some in each I hate. You get the idea

Favourite films: I am easy to entertain but hard to impress...
A Matter of Life and Death, Dangerous Beauty, The Slipper and the Rose, Pleasantville, Meet Joe Black, Phone Booth and hundreds more. Tend to like rom coms and chick flicks and things that make you think. Hate horror but have seen most of them with hubby.
Favourite books: Don’t read as much as I’d like. Enjoying Bill Bryson at the moment. Lord of the Rings, David Eddings, lots of science fantasy stuff. Deborah Pratt of course.
Interests: I like to write especially fanfiction – QL mostly of course! Chatting on IM, watching dvds.
Other:
I’m very rusty but speak a little French
I have two wonderful children, full grown but still living at home. No hurry to throw them out.
My pen-name is Madders Ahatter because I am totally crazy with a wicked sense of humour.
My readers have dubbed me “The Queen of Cruel” because I love Sam whumping in my stories.

Sam’s Crow – I love Green Mile too!
No reason you can’t train to teach English and IT – unusual but not impossible combination. Good luck with that.
I hated PE and was a ‘swot’ at school, but that was a long time ago.
Fascinating range of languages!

Ziggy – love your first two films, hated the third. One of the very few I’ve ever walked out of, I was bored out of my mind.
As for being psycho – Life’s too short to be sane!

Full name: Bonnie Marie Kliewer
Job: Umeployed at the moment.
How I came acroos QL: Watched it when it was on originally. Then when it came on again in reruns. First on USA, then on Sci-Fi and now on ION Televisioin.
Favourite music: Air Supply, I like music from the 80's. I like some older country music. I also like to listen to some Christian music from the 80's. I like all kinds of music except for rap.
Favourite films: I haven't been to the movies in a long time. I like comedies and dramas. I have 2 nephews and a neice so I've been watching some old Disney movies like Jungle book, Little Mermaid, etc.
Favourite books: My favorite book would be the Bible. Other books I've enjoyed are romance novels.
Interests: I like to be on the computer. I also like to bike ride and swim when I get the chance. I like to spend time with family.
Other: I would like to eventually move out of my parent's house and go to Florida. I'd like to start a new life there.

Full name: Melissa (and that's as far as I'll go)

Location: Birmingham metro area of Alabama, USA (I have activities in four counties locally, so that's why I leave it at
Birmingham metro area of Alabama.)

Job: 9-1-1 operator

How I came across this site: My friend who goes by Al the Observer, who I met at a police conference, told me about the upcoming convention and gave me the URL.

How I came across QL: It followed MacGyver on the USA Network after school. It piqued my interest, so I stayed inside and watched an episode. That was all it took.

Favourite music: I don't have enough space to list every band on my MP3 player, but I'll just say I have hours of both Rock and New Age on it (odd combination, I know).

Favourite films:
The Hunt for Red October, Air Force One, Pierce Brosnan's four Bond films, Dante's Peak, The Thomas Crown Affair (Pierce Brosnan version), After the Sunset... (see a pattern developing?), maybe some others that I can't think of right away

Favourite books: I'll second the vote for To Kill a Mockingbird (had to read it for 10th grade, and was the only one in class who actually enjoyed doing so), most (if not all) of the Quantum Leap books; I don't read nearly as much as I used to.

Interests: I have A.D.D., so I'm interested in just about anything that comes my way, at least for a short time, anyway... Oh look, a squirrel!

Other: According to this quiz, and this quiz, I do not have a Southern Accent. In fact, I have no accent, apparently. The first quiz says I have a "Neutral" accent. The second quiz says I have a "Midland" accent. In other languages, I speak enough Spanish to get me into trouble, but not enough to keep me out of it. I need to work on that. I love to eat - I eat like a bird. Spicy food rules. I enjoy riding my bicycle, but I haven't done that in two years - too busy. I collect T-shirts. I haven't done a count lately, but I'm pretty sure I can wear a different shirt each day and not have to do laundry for at least a year. I can't think of anything else right now. Actually, I can think of lots of things, but they leave my mind before I start typing, only to be replaced by something else. And I've been editing this post for an hour now, so I'll stop.

Full Name: Anthony (Sorry, but that's all)

Job: Currently in college (collage?) No, the first spelling's right.

How I Came Across this Site: Believe it or not, this was on the Quantum Leap page of Wikipedia. I checked out Al's Place, because I really liked Quantum Leap, at which time I was half-way done with the second season.

How I Came Across Quantum Leap: The show was advertised on ION, a television station that I had watched long before QL came on the air. I thought that the show was interesting enough to give it "a try", which led me to watch it every night, since it was so good the first night.

Favourite Music: Most music that I like is actually without words. I would prefer to listen to the music without the singing. However, if I would have to pick, I would have to say that I will listen to anything that is not contemporary, and most certainly not rap music!!!

Favourite Films: Hmm... I really can't cite a favorite movie off the top of my head. How about a genre? Comedy and Adventure are among my favorites.

Favourite Books: Now that, I can answer. The DaVinci Code, The Monk Series (Based off of television series), The Lukien Trilogy (unoffical name for three books by John Marco), among many others.

Interests: I like to read, play video games, write, and this may sound nerdy, so I'm glad that Sam's Crow said this first, but I also enjoy learning new things. Want proof? This next semester, I signed up for "German I" as a "fun class". Five units, (which means 5 hours a week, plus work and tests), and just because I thought that it would be interesting and I always wanted to learn a new language.

You collect T-shirts, Chicken Boo? I love ties. I don't know why, but I enjoy searching for ties. Neckties, I mean. I am the only one I know who will gladly accept a necktie as a holiday gift. My hope is that I have one for each day of the year. 8o :p

Other: I really have nothing else to say, really. My favorite subject has to be history. Oh, and Sam's Crow, I know how you feel about P.E. I'm a firm believer that they should abolish students picking teams. :blackeye

I'm afraid to ask how I'm already being analyzed by this...

Last edited:
Very good Idea here good stuff :)

I'm Ang :)

Male, 35 y.o.

Newspaper printer/distributer

Lived in Australia all my life. I am Greek. I love soccer, marathon running, fitness fanatic!

I got into QL because my dad was switching channels one night to see what was TV! And slowly got into it :)

I love to draw. Comics especially. Been drawing ever since I was 9 y.o.

Music I like - 1950's rock n roll!

:)

Ohboy, have you seen the film, The Davinci Code? How do you think it compares to the book? I always like the books far more than I like the films. I quite liked the film as well, but it was a little cheesey for my liking (if that makes sense).

Sam's Crow said:
Ohboy, have you seen the film, The Davinci Code? How do you think it compares to the book? I always like the books far more than I like the films. I quite liked the film as well, but it was a little cheesey for my liking.
I share your sentiment about the books are better than movies ideas. Personally, I thought the movie was okay, to put it generously, but I didn't think that it really honored the movie a whole lot. Of course, I tried to show it to someone who has never read the book before, and good lord! he couldn't understand any of it. I wouldn't have either, if I never read the book.

Looks like fun, here's my info

Full name: Erin Mary ((yep, that is my given name.))
Job: Artist, seamstress, writer
How I came across QL: Mom had me watch it with her
Favourite music: Quite a few. Some of my favorites are Gaelic Storm, Nightwish, Enya, Celtic Woman, some country, some rock, Bryan Adams, and some others that I'm probably forgetting right now.
Favourite films: Star Wars, some of the Star Trek movies, The Green Mile, Interview With the Vampire, Hidalgo, Corpse Bride, Pirates of the Caribbean
Favourite books: Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Mercedes Lackey, Gone With the Wind, some of the Star Trek and Star Wars books
Interests: I like to draw, sew, and write. I love the Renaissance Faires and will make my own costumes for them. I write whatever comes to mind, fantasy, sci-fi, historical, and some other oddities. I quite often study the supernatural and other oddities in life. I enjoy photography and helping people. I think it's my calling in life.
Other: My family laughs that out of everyone on both sides of the family I was the only one to be born on a holiday.

One of these days I hope to have a novel I write be published or have my artwork be published.

I love animals and hope one day to have a pet dog.

I'm a rather shy person though once I get to know someone I open up quite a bit and can turn into quite a goof ball.

Full name: Alan
Job: Chef
How I came across this site: random searching for QL
How I came across QL: Recommended by a friend
Favourite music: I can go from the big bands of the 1940's up to present - very eclectic
Favourite films: Sci-Fi
Favourite books: Stephen King, Star Trek and Terry Pratchett - altho will read any good story.
Interests: When I can find the time away from work, Scouting, Sleeping and playing City of Heroes

Some would say I am a workaholic. But in my job, I have been left in the (censored) enough times that I wont do it to anyone else.

Full name: Rebecca (but prefer to be called Bec) Jane Russell/Ponton whichever you want
Job: Postal Worker
How I came acroos QL: Through friends who kept telling me how Scott Bakula (who I loved in Star Trek) used to be in this show called Quantum Leap, so I ordered it on big pond movies... the rest is histroy!!
Favourite music: BIG TIME 80'S ROCK CHICK... espcially Australian 80's
Favourite films: Again I love Aussie Comedies, but apart from that The day after tomorrow, Enchanted April, and I'll come back and add some others later.
Favourite books: Pride & Prejudice and all other Jane Austen, Travel books by Bill Bryson
Interests: Excercising at home, Poetry, this website, my internet friends and my local friends, MY KIDS!!!!

All right I figured I would go ahead and add myself to this list so here goes...

Full Name: Jason Muckey (Yes it is all right to laugh a little)
Job: I am in the Navy
How did I come across this site: A while back when I bought the Season 1 DVD I figured I would see what other Quantum Leap related stuff was out there while I waited for the release of Season 2
How did I come across Quantum Leap: I started watching it back when it was still on the TV.
Music: I am a straight up Rock and Roll/Heavy Metal lover. Ozzy is the best Hands down.
Films: Can't really pick out a favorite movie but I love comedies, action, fantasy, and horror.
Books: I am into the Sword of Truth series, The Wheel of Time series, The Xanth series, The Dark Tower series...The Da Vinci code was good and a book from when I was a kid called Haunted by Judith St. George, anything that deals with fantasy, parellel universes and what not.
Interests: I love to play Video Games, and (here I go exposing my inner nerd) playing Dungeons and Dragons though I don't act it out.
Other: Right now I am taking some college courses that is about all.

Jaycol said:
Interests: I love to play Video Games, and (here I go exposing my inner nerd) playing Dungeons and Dragons though I don't act it out.

:hurray: You are not alone, friend, you are not alone. Don't like Dungeons and Dragons, but I've spent more time on Video Games than I would care to admit.

ohboy said:
:hurray: You are not alone, friend, you are not alone. Don't like Dungeons and Dragons, but I've spent more time on Video Games than I would care to admit.

The game I mention and you can see in my sig in an online game. I play in the EU on defiant or union. I do have a gamecube (still waiting for a Wii) but its not been set up for over a year because of City of...

Snish said:
Yay, a Jane Austen fan! I love her!

I'll get around to posting on the topic someday...

Sweety I think we have discussed our passion for Jane Austen before, but here is a link to some poetry I wrote for my beloved Jane and her characters

http://allpoetry.com/poem/4212101

http://allpoetry.com/poem/4212285

I am currently in the process of paraphrasing Pride & Prejudice into modern english for the benefit of today's 'thick as a plank' teenagers and my niece (who of course is NOT as thick as a plank'..... maybe)

When I was in England I bought a book called 'In the steps of Jane Austen' and spent a happy few days in Bath wandering through it investigating all of Jane's favourite haunts. A slice of heaven!

Its is a truth universally acknowledged that a man in possesion of a good fortune must be in want of a wife..................

:lol

Ah, I never could get into sports game. I have no problem with them personally, as they can be quite fun, but I've never been good at sports in real life, so...

I've played a lot of fantasy games myself.

I never could get much into the sports ones. I was never interested in sports anyway.

Ok here goes:-

Name: Liz
Job: delivery driver for a supermarket chain.
How i found als place: Google
How i found Q leap: A friend at school told me to watch it, back in the day when it was on bbc2 tuesday nights, and we would talk about it althrough typing class on wed morning!
Favourite music: I love lots of different things from mika to eva cassidy to lady smith black mambazo to red hot chili peppers. And anything old skool that just has to be danced to.
Favourite Film: All time favourite is convoy.
Interests: I love driving, yoga, (not at the same time) In between Qleap, startrek, work and two kids my life is to busy for interests.:lol
Other: Would love to drive the ice road in Canada.
When i was a kid i had the biggest collection of snoopy and peanuts stuff ever. (still got most of it in the loft)

sparkyclarkie said:
Ok here goes:-

When i was a kid i had the biggest collection of snoopy and peanuts stuff ever. (still got most of it in the loft)

Oh my gosh Oh my gosh!!! Not only would I love to read it all BUT you do realise you'd make an absolute FORTUNE on ebay if you tried to sell it. Like a major fortune!!

SELL IT, SELL IT. What! i couldnt do it. :x
But i might just go on ebay and have a look.:p I do have most if not all the little paperback books. Plus lot of other things.

You could pass them down as a family heirloom. That way, they become even more valuable with age. I know somebody who has an extensive Coca-Cola collection, with bottles from almost every decade. I'm sure thats worth a lot as well.