What do you do :-(?

systemcat

Project QL Intern
When it comes to an off topic subject this is one of those few times I can only post here and no where else. I can't post this in my own forum because some of my co-workers offline know about it's existence.

What do you do when your being yelled at daily by your boss when you know you've done every thing you can within reason? She screams at me for the littlest things and exaggerates events into being things they're not. When she really started roaring on my case started a few months back when after noticing an issue with more than one employee I suggested without naming names that maybe there should be drug tests. She yelled at me then and told me to get out of her office. In no way did I incline she needed one so now I wonder to myself if she's doing any thing. If I try to open my mouth when some thing isn't right I'm snapped at and told just to listen or go do as I'm told even if it's wrong. I really think she's going to fire me soon because she knows I just got that second job :cry .

Are you in a union? Because if you are, you should talk to them.
Meantime, document everything. Absolutely everything. Save any emails you are sent and your responses.
Try not to talk to your boss without somebody else around as a witness to what is said.

Sounds like she's trying to force you out - make you so fed up you quit - which would be constructive dismissal.

Don't want to say too much in a public forum, but I know of a similar situation. Email or msg me off-site for a chat.

My thoughts and prayers go with you. If there is anything we can do to help, or you just need someone to rant at or a shoulder to cry on, you know we are here for you.

God bless

If this is the job that you told me you're in earlier, then this really is bad, because chances are you're not in a union.

To be honest, I've never had a bad office experience with a boss, nor do I know of a situation where someone was able to win a fight against a boss without quitting. However, I have had to deal with cranky people.

First off, think back to the instances where she blows up at you. I don't know what times of the day you work, but does she tend to yell at you more in the morning, afternoon or evening? Is she more apt to get mad on a Monday, or a Friday. Are you the only person she yells at and favor others, or does she tend to spread the misery? The reason I ask this is because you may be able to avoid her during her "angry times", until you take more offical action.

As a side note, I myself have been guilty of being very grumpy in the past. One friend of mine, however, knew a way to throw me off my angry track. When I was done ranting, she would give me a compliment, and then say nothing else. When people are really angry, and someone gives a compliment, it throws them off, or makes them feel guilty for being mean to you. Just a silly suggestion. :b

Good luck, and keep on smilin'!

**Sending lots and lots of hugs** I hope everything works out.

Your boss sounds like she really needs to lighten up.

If you need someone to talk to you're welcome to write me.

Absolutely

Document every little tiny detail. Every little thing that can be reportable.

Well you do have to do what you feel is right for yourself, first and foremost.

But the right thing to do is to:

- document everything
- do not give a reason for your boss to treat you this way
- Find another job
- Tell the union and everybody else that will listen and help, report your boss

Because bosses should not treat employees this way

:)

One of my jobs this is what happened (a small printing shop):

- first day on the job, very first phone call was a a guy swear at me cause my boss owed her cash

- I showed up to work one day and the phone line and power had been cut off! Try spending half a day in a dark shop by yourself and turning away customers! And have your boss show up and yell at you for the power being off!

- I had to have customers help me do their work for them because 20 people would show up at the same time as I worked in the shop by myself.

- My boss did not pay my co-worker and friend for one month. She did not pay me for 2 weeks.

We documented everything. We went to the an employment watcher called "Jobwatch". They are law enforcers so to speak. They got our wages for us. But my boss went bankrupt and had to shut down.

I then got 2 casual jobs 1 week later :)

The main point is that you know what your rights are.

And DO NOT give your boss a reason to get you in trouble.

Because only then if your boss spooks you out, you can report your boss and not worry about yourself getting in trouble.

If you do need anyone to talk to, you can also PM me :)

I agree with documenting everything that your boss does. If you can try to also get the time and place it happened at.

**Hugs again**

You have taken the first step and told us, thats a good start.
I agree with everyone else, keep account of everything.
If there is a boss above her take it to S/he, If they dont anything keep going higher.
When i was unfairly dismised for being pregnant i went to the citizen advice (not sure if you have anything like that) But they gave me free advice about what to do.

Keep us in the loop and let us know how your getting on.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys. Hugs right back at you
>------ :) ------<

There is a person I've been working with since Aug. that works for the state. She had a talk with the boss and now the boss is going to back off my case some. Another thing work related happened after I made the initial post in this topic yesterday that bummed me out just as much but now that's been fixed too but of all things ..This morning when I had to come in for the job that started this topic. Get this. The place I work at is right beside a 'CheckMate' and just after I had parked my car a police car showed up. What had happened was an alarm had gone off in CheckMate so it looked to the police like they had just been robbed but it had been tripped by mistake ..unknown at the time to the police. One cop saw me near the shop and asked me what I was doing & I told him I was going to work. He thought I meant CheckMate and then started asking me if I'd seen any thing happen ..The guy was treating me like I was a strong suspect in the quote 'un quote robbery. Told me to wait in my work place for him once I explained the fact I worked in the restaurant next door. The boss finally gave me permission to start my work and when I walked outside to my car ready to start my business ..I've never seen a cop so apologetic before when he confronted me in apologizing over how he'd acted towards me. Quite a two days huh :\ ?