Pipe Dream!!!

And jassian - I hope you don't think I'm debating here - I'm not.

If I do happen to question something, I hope you don't think I'm saying that there's something wrong because I'm not, I don't question because there's something wrong :)

As for the clogging the thread - thats a good point! I tend to do that alot - silly me with 10 messages in a row!

:)

I'm saying: you or someone else (please not me, I'm too busy)
has to keep track of the timetabling and organizing once it all gets started and have the final word.

just keep in mind with your script that it should be doable with simple means, as it will probably just be people with home cameras... well depending on how many different people you want involved in the filming.

You being the expert here jassian, I have a digital camera which can record video, I can use it to record. But I can't do special effects. I don't know if anyone wants special effects??? Is this a silly question to ask???

I'll make a script and get around without special effects everyone.

If anyone wishes to see the quality of my digital camera filming, please check my video's at:

www.myspace.com/angvav

Tell me what you think of the quality. I know its not the best, but its the best I can do in regards to filming.

You being the expert here jassian, I have a digital camera which can record video, I can use it to record. But I can't do special effects. I don't know if anyone wants special effects??? Is this a silly question to ask???

I'll make a script and get around without special effects everyone.

If anyone wishes to see the quality of my digital camera filming, please check my video's at:

www.myspace.com/angvav

Tell me what you think of the quality. I know its not the best, but its the best I can do in regards to filming.

generally our teachers tell us to always get clean footage and clear audio, meaning the best quality we can get without special effect. (except for lighting that should be done as well as possible when we record)
If you have a software, that can do the effect you want, you may want to use that, it will give you more choices, because once you use an effect in the camera you can't undo it. Then again if you're really sure about the effect, go for it.
edit- oh wait your camera can't do any, that solves the question, anyway it might be nice for you to know for the future. Again if there are simple things you need done I may be able to help - end edit

One thing you may want to find out is if your camera can do "white balancing" I recommend you do a bit of research on it, there are websites that probably decribe it 10 times better than I can. Just google it. It will save you a lot of trouble in the long run. Especially if it comes from several sources.

The quality looks good enough for what we need I guess. :):wavey
i can't tell if it's the video compression or the original footage, but it has a clear 'home video' quality (not very high). What you could do is explain it in the script. For some reason someone is doing handheld filming with an old camera.. just as a thought.

I noticed that your camera uses 4:3 'aspect ratio' (not widescreen)
so you should ask everybody else to do the same.

It really depends on what you need. Most editing tools have some otions and crossfade (a basic transition) itself allows for a few tricks.

So it depends on what you have in mind. I wouldn't put in any effects just for the sake of doing it. The story has to demand them. if you want to do a Leap, we could ask if we can borrow Kirok's Leap sound effect and What you could do is showing someone else in the room or the room during the leap doing a simple color efect. Doing a real leap is really hard from what I understand.