What would you do?

Insightful question, to say the least. I would defintely do some exploring and researching of social roles in each era, being able to compare them side-by-side in an instant rather than having to have lived them in incriments of decades. Other than that, I don't know what I would do. I suppose "help people" would be the expected answer, but I don't know if I could help people like Sam does, or just go around and make things worse (not like the Evil Leapers, but rather, on accident).

Very good quesiton to ask, though.

It seems like Sam is required to help people whether he likes it or not. Helping people would be a good and very satisfying thing to do (provided one could remember doing it!). As far as exploring, I think the limitation of leaping within my own lifetime would frustrate me, though. I already know what those days were like because I lived through them, except that I don't remember the early 1960s when I was very small. If I could travel to other parts of the world, that would be fascinating--except that I can do that in the present anyway. So I would want to go farther back in time because I've always been interested in history.

I would really like vacation days first off.
(I feel like a leaper employee negotiating for a job *L*)

Maybe a mixture of exploring for myself and doing assigned jobs.
The advantage of assigned jobs (as I see it) is that I'm put somewhere where whatever I would do naturally usually turns out to be just the right thing to do, so I wouldn't have to worry too much about doing damage.
Hmm, the swiss cheesing of his brain may also be tuned to cause him to react in the 'right' way. ... here go the vacation days :p

I would probably be more comfortable in a time that I culturally understand, if I have to interact with people.

I'm an anarchist - so I'd just cause some mayhem...

In the words of Professor Farnsworth on Futurama
"If Fry can end up being his own grandfather, Screw the universe!"

It's in my nature to help people. I'd want to help who I could and explore history. So much history I wish I could've been around to experience!