Photos?

I'm glad I actually had a decent photo of me to post, because normally I'm right at the back or I'm obscured by something or my hair looks really bad or I'm wearing a hat or... XD

I just finished off my Trudy Bolt costume from Titanic. I realize never in a million years will I look like any of the caracters in the movie.

I'm not wearing my cap because of how my hair is done. I'm also wearing slip ons instead of boots because they're more comfortable.
Picture019.jpg

It looks very nice, Errowyn! You're pretty talented to have sewn that. :)

The only thing I have that could make me look like I'm living in 1912 is some suit combinations and some of my hats to go with them. :lol

That is awesome!! How long does something like that take you?
If I'm ever rich and have my own film company (...well one can dream.. :) )
I'll hire you for costuming :)

Thank you. For me I don't think I could make it as I wouldn't want to wear a corset. Nope, nope, nope.

Thanks Jassian.

Yay, a potential future job!

Out of the pics taken this one is my favorite.
Picture020.jpg

I'm done posting pics of my costume now.

Yay! Thanks. :)

Now I can get back to other plotting. ;) I've got a small stack of costumes lined up that I want/need to make.

There's a picture of me on my profile (I would have uploaded a couple of pictures of me, only I'm currently on the school's computer).

That's a nice picture of you. :)

May I ask what sort of costumes?

Also, may I ask where you get your idea's for your costumes?

Sorry for the silly questions.

They're not silly questions.

One of them is an Easter dress for next year.

For the most part I either make movie costumes I like or what ever comes to mind or is needed. For the most part it's period costumes.

Chicken Boo, would it be rude of me to ask where you bought the white clothing from that you're wearing?

Sorry if it rude, I hope I don't a kicking here :(

I think the clothing looks real cool :)
I'm sorry I haven't responded until now. I haven't been to this site in a while, it seems.

I actually made my costume. A couple of years ago, it was nothing more than yards and yards of white fabric. All it took was white fabric, some embellishments, a pattern, and lots and lots of time (approximately 40 hours or so, over the course of a year).

Thanks for the compliment! :)

Wow, truly awesome costume there, Errowyn! Well done!!!

Thank you. :)

You know errowyn - I reckon you may be able to have a nice little business going with your costumes :)

Have you tried chasing up movie production companies like mgm?

:)

I've been told I could. In all honesty though I'm not sure I really want to try persuing film like that. I've been told it's pretty cut throat and I'm far, far too much of a sap to be like that. That and I'd want to make the costuming something anyone can afford and have.

Really? I would think that in the world of machines and foreign labor, a real, on-demand seamstress would be a rare profession. I don't know rather to be relieved, or feel bad for those who want costume-making as a profession.

It's one of those weird things of life, I suppose. With everything being at your fingertips with the internet sometimes it's more difficult to find home made and custom made things.

You look fine! :D Don't make me come over there and have to slap you across the belly with a wet fish! ....I'll then have to feed the fish to your cats to remove the evidence. ;)

Noooooooooooooooo :)

You look just fine :)

Beautiful pics :)

May I ask if those pics were taken at the QL convention?

:)

Sadly I didn't make it to the QL convention [only my story did!] - these were taken at the London Film and Comic convention on 19th July.

Oh, And thanks for the flattery folks. >D