Old 06-24-2009, 01:15 AM   #1
Darlan
Imaging Chamber Technician

Default Did PQL plan on Sam to...

...go in the Accelerator and taking the place of someone else, who would be waiting in the future for his return to his own time when Sam is finished with his task.

I ask because i thought that Sam wanted to travel in the past, but not changing place with people in the past. But if this is the case then why creating a waiting room in the first place?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
Night Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlan View Post
...go in the Accelerator and taking the place of someone else, who would be waiting in the future for his return to his own time when Sam is finished with his task.

I ask because i thought that Sam wanted to travel in the past, but not changing place with people in the past. But if this is the case then why creating a waiting room in the first place?
Yes. You've answered your own question for the most part. Sam is PQL, he created it. The thing is that he didn't remember what it was about because the leaps swiss-cheesed his memory, but it all came back to him with the time, mostly because Al kept him informed (he could only tell him what he already knew; this wasn't always true, of course). So yeah, he was planning on doing that all along. The only thing he didn't foresee was that maybe he was going to be leaping from one place to another for the rest of his life. He wanted to travel back in time, but not the way he ended up doing it, that's why he created a "retrieval program," but it never worked, not even when he supposedly updated it in "The Leap Back".