Season Two on DVD - December 14th!

alsplacebartender

Al's Place Bartender
Staff member
I know someone already posted, but here's a separate thread just for Season Two on DVD!

TVShowsonDVD released today:

"Here's a bit of news that was left off the recent Universal TV press release: Quantum Leap: Season 2 is going to be released on November 8th! Season 2 was the first full season of the series, featuring 22 episodes. This 3 disc set (DVD-18 ) will carry a suggested retail price of $59.98, the same price as season 1, though season 1 only consisted of 8 episodes.

The information we received lists an English Stereo track, but season 1 contained Dolby Surround, so we expect this is just an error in the information we were supplied with. The set will also contain English, French and Spanish subtitles. No word on extras yet, but we expect that to come before the set ships. We'll have cover art available when it's released."

Great news! And much quicker than we expected too I believe. Price is right... great job Universal!

Re: Season Two on DVD - October 26th!

Universal just made my Christmas card list this year.

Okay, we won't get into the fact that this year will be the first time since 2001 I manage to DO Christmas cards. ;)

re

Whoa I don't even have the first season on dvd yet.And there the second one getting released,shame on me.Well when we gonna get a British release, shipping is well expensive. Last one I got in from America cost an extra forty pound on top tax WTF fairs fair but I wasn't to sure if that was a bit on the dear side. Then again..................:leappark .

Re

:hurray

Universal, your TV product is making me smile. Keep it up!

whoa!

Lets Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wavey

Season 2 so quick. Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hurray :joy

I am so excited I wont have to keep
taping episodes on vhs.

I love dvd's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joy

WOW! That's a lot quicker than I expected. Very strange... Universal was the one studio that took forever to get on the DVD bandwagon, and now all of a sudden, they're coming out of the woodwork. If they keep releasing the following seasons at the same rate, the entire series will be finished by next June. Now I wonder how long it'll take for the next seasons of Sliders to come out (not that I care as much about them as the first two seasons, especially Season 3, but being a completist and a collector, I've gotta have them too, obviously).

This is unexpected news, but great nonetheless! :)

(So much for actually trying to SAVE my money...) :rolleyes

Forgot to add this before...

Here's my question: How are they getting the entire second season on just 3 discs? I assumed there would be 4 episodes on each disc, and 2 on the last disc with bonus features (ala the Star Trek DVDs). I mean, I know that it's possible, obviously, because I know they've done this with a few other television series. I'm guessing they already did this with the 2nd season of Law & Order, because the 2nd season set looks smaller than the first season, even though they have roughly the same number of episodes, and it said something about Bonus Features on Disc 3 on the back of the set.

A 3-disc set of QL would mean that there would have to be 8 episodes on the first 2 discs and 6 on the last disc (with bonus features). Does this have something to do with that "DVD-18" format that was mentioned? I've only heard of double-sided DVDs and dual-layered DVDs (not sure if these are the same as "DVD-18"?)...

They might be double-sided disks....my Dukes of Hazzard DVDs are that way.

I am new to this Discussion Community, so this is my first post. I've been a QL fan since it was on NBC years ago. I already bought the 1st season on DVD. Great stuff (wish they had 5.1 surround sound, but not a big deal since it's not really a big special effects show).
Nice to see Universal bringing them out quickly. At this rate they'll all be out by December 2005.
Also, nice to see that they'll be cheap! That's great compared to Star Trek's prices. I collected all of the TOS and TNG. Not bothering with DS9 until I get a real career. Voyager, not worth it.

Welcome, trekkerIII :wavey

I have really enjoyed watching the episodes since I got surround sound home theatre speakers. As if seeing them in original form wasn't enough, it's become even more immersive. :)

I'm a Trek fan, too, but I gave up midway through DS9, never got into Voyager. I never can seem to catch Enterprise, but I've liked what I've seen of it. Maybe one day it will come out on DVD.....and when I win the lottery I can afford it. :lol

Well, I went out today and took a look at the specs on the back of the Law & Order 2nd season and The Dukes of Hazzard 1st season sets, to name a few: they said "dual-layer format," so I'm assuming that this must indeed be the case for the remaining seasons of Quantum Leap. I was just under the impression that it was rare for a DVD to be dual-layered, but that might just be for video games...

Yayyyy!!!!!!!
It should have came out before Oct 20th though... Cause I could have got it for my b-day... Oh well I'll be buying it the day it comes out for sure!!!! Great news.
-Dana

Season two on DVD

I'm new here. I have been a fan of Quantum Leap since it first started. Me and my brother would always watch it. Just recently though, about 3-4 months ago, I discovered that is was on the Sci-Fi channel. Once again I am there every day watching it.....even if it is at 1am. Once I found out that it was on DVD, I immediately went out and bought it. I can't wait for Season Two.

Brenda

P.S. Although the show is nothing without Scott or Dean....Al is my favorite. Also, "McDuck" I like your Lilo and Stitch picture. I am a huge Elvis fan.

Re: Season two on DVD

Hi Brenda, and welcome! :wavey

Thanks for the compliment on my Lilo & Stitch pic. My brother did a good job on it. :)

Elvis, and Al---you've got great taste, Brenda! :)

After looking at all the wonderful bloopers, outtakes and extras such as the filming of "Leap for Lisa" (by the way how did you guys come by that?)? Is there anyway that Universal could be contacted to let them know people would pay for this stuff? Surely if they felt it would be worth it they would include the extra material.

Azrael

I'm sure we could all try, but I'm not sure it would make a bit of difference. Universal has supposedly omitted a bunch of extras across the board. I posted about it a few weeks back:
Unfortunately, Universal has recently been cutting back on DVD features. Quantum Leap writer Deborah Pratt tried to get everything from network ads to blooper reels onto the DVDs, but that set's extras have been downgraded to some interviews and "cool holographic packaging." Similarly, the planned actor commentary for the Buck Rogers DVDs was cancelled by Universal for reasons unknown.
I think the only thing that concerns Universal is getting the DVDs out as fast as possible, especially since they seem to be making quite a few mistakes with recent releases (like QL and Sliders, to name a couple).

Apparently since Universal was sold to NBC, the company that was subcontracted to do many of the extras for Universal DVDs has changed. Both QL and Sliders were announced two years ago and were planned by that earlier group. There might be a big difference on extras, amount and quality, on their future releases.

Re: ...

I'm looking forward to Season 2 on DVD. Season One of "Quantum Leap" was the reason that I bought a DVD player in the first place. Hopefully, Universal will be releasing the rest of the seasons on DVD in a timely manner. I will definitely buy them all! :)

Re: 2nd Season DVD

This morning before I left for work, I was skimming over the S.B.F.F. messageboard and read a new post that said that for reasons unstated, the release of the Season 2 DVD set has been pushed back to early December.

Eleiece

November 8th? Amazon still says October 26. Which is it?

Heh, neither, December 14th :banghead sorry for not reading further in the forums.

Yeah, the title has gotten confused with the Season One release date in the UK, which is November 8th

I just edited the U.S. release date in the subject title. I have a feeling that Brian might have accidentally mixed up the UK release date of S1 with the wrong post. It happens to the best of us, hope no one minds; I figured it will help avoid confusion... ;)

And I'm so glad for our UK Leapers that a region-disc for you is coming out (especially for those of you who don't have multi-region players).

Well, seeing it was so much cheaper, I decided to buy Season 2 on Amazon.ca. Ain't that nice? I also bought LOTR: ROTK at the same time, which is also getting released on December 14th, lol

I even bought a QL book while I was at it (I think it was "The A to Z of Quantum Leap" or something like this...)

Anyways, I'm glad I'll have it in time for Christmas!!!

See you guys later!!!

Clara