Season Three Music Replacement

Re: i have S3

I'd like to try the same thing, but I have a few problems. One, I need a DVR, and two, since Sci-Fi only airs Quantum Leap once a week now, it should take about two years at that rate to get every episode!

Hi,
I?m new here but I think this website is great, very informative. I was wondering qsam, what software did you use to do the sound editing? I?ve been thinking of doing the exact same thing but I?m having trouble getting hold of the NTSC tapes.

Thanks

jedi55,
It's all really very easy if you have the aired shows.
Fortunately, I have recorded all of the QL shows on to my ReplayTV (a DVR like Tivo), and have since downloaded all of the shows to my PC hard drive.
From there it is a simple cut and paste of the audio over the section that has the replacement.
There are many mpg editing tools out there, take your pick.

If you do it right, the final result will be a set of DVDs that have the original DVD quality picture along with the correct music, and correct leap-outs.

So, it really doesn't matter to me anymore whether Universal releases the rest of the series with music taken out. I have the proper music and correct sequential leap-out's, and dubbing is a synch.

Cheers!

Sorry but I have to add how they completely ignored the music and the story on "Rebel Without A Clue." I've always loved that episode and the inclusion of "The Great Pretender" as a song that plays a large role in the show. I didn't see how they could take it out because at one point Dillon refers to Sam as a pretender and says "hey, this is your song." Yet sure enough the song was missing and the line made no sense. I mean I can understand the fact that they have to take out a few songs, but so many are missing at some many important moments its ridiculus.

Luckleaper

You are correct! I really don't know how people can say that the music doesn't matter in this series.
Those that do obviously have not seen the original airings.

What the music industry has done here is nothing short of a travesty.

Long live peer-to-peer mp3 swapping!!!!:p

HOW CAN I GET I GET A COPY!?

How can I get a copy of the new version you created? Or can you give me detailed instructions on how to do it myself. how do you separate the audio and video. What programs did you use?

Thank you!!!

Mike

I didn't see how they could take it out because at one point Dillon refers to Sam as a pretender and says "hey, this is your song."
So that's why I didn't understand that scene when I watched it for the very first time today :banghead

This is annoying... :wacko

What other songs where changed in season 3? Is there going to be list on this board or did I overlook it?