More on Music Changes to Season 2 DVD's

A

Andy Dufresne

This makes me really sad. I started watching the Second Season Set when I got home today and they took out "Call Me" by Blondie, "Shake It Up" by The Cars, and "He's So Shy" by the Pointer Sisters. Taking all of this music out GUTS the episode. I'm surprised they didn't take out the bit part played by Matt LeBlanc from Friends at the end of the episode.

*sigh* And of course, I was really looking forward to watching that episode in its original form uncut and intact too. "Call Me" is one of my favorite songs, and always gets me into the 80s groove whenever I hear it. It's like, why bother stressing that this is a time-travel series when they removed every single indication that this was a period-piece show! The careful placement of certain songs helps create the illusion that you are actually watching a situation that takes place in that time period. Like Greg said, the enjoyment is now destroyed.

It's obvious now that this set was put together by some 20-something moron who probably said to him or herself, 'God, these are old fart songs! No one's gonna notice they're gone. Anybody older than 30 is an old geezer anyway!'

(No offense intended toward the younger members here. At least you guys and gals are well-educated and respectful toward the older generations. Not the same can be said for a lot of other Gen-Xers, unfortunately...)

Damon

Matt LeBlanc...

appears at the end of the show when the young boy and girl kiss. He looks really young and geeky with oversized eyebrows! :rollin

Re: Matt LeBlanc...

I just finished "Another Mother", having taped it off sci fi, I can't imagine it without Blondie playing as Sam leaps in. :rolleyes Between this, and Ray Charles "Georgia" being cuut out of "M.I.A." I have to wonder just what the peopel at universial DVD's are smoking. I know they most likely lost the copyrights, but, couldn't they renew them, or what ever it is you do when you use a song in a show?

Re

Since watching Quantum Leap, I always think of the show any time I hear Ray Charles singing Georgia On My Mind. Likewise, I always think of Another Mother when I hear He's So Shy. These songs have been so tied to the show, it's really painful to have them stripped out. I really wish I could buy the rest of the releases, but I just can't.

Re: Re

I wonder if they didn't have licensing issues with the songs... that IS gonna upset me when I watch them.

Does anyone have the ORIGINALLY aired show, and if the one that's recorded on DVD is the same? Did they add the 80s stuff in afterwards?

Matt LeBlanc!

OMG! :) I so didn't know about his appearance. Does he appear in re-runs. Man, I just watched that episode the other night and I missed it(assuming, of course that his bit part wasn't cut out by Scifi).

Steve
RossBeckett

P.S. Gina's favorite show(as established in the show, Joey) is JAG!

Re: Matt LeBlanc!

Rasdock,
I know what you mean. Everytime I hear that song, all I can think of is the Al/Beth dance.
Just like every time I hear "Call Me" I expect Sam to leap in. lol :leappark

New Music on MIA

I just watched MIA and I am totally discusted. The end of the episode is ruined by the music they replaced "Georgia" with. It sickens me at how they thought this episode could do without this song. I could barely watch the last few minutes of the episode and definitely could not take it seriously. I know Universal could care less but I have to contact them about this. I see by all the talk about this board that everyone seems to feel the same way. I'm new to the board, by the way, but not new to the site.

Chris

O_Boy said:
I just watched MIA and I am totally discusted. The end of the episode is ruined by the music they replaced "Georgia" with. It sickens me at how they thought this episode could do without this song. I could barely watch the last few minutes of the episode and definitely could not take it seriously. I know Universal could care less but I have to contact them about this. I see by all the talk about this board that everyone seems to feel the same way. I'm new to the board, by the way, but not new to the site.

Chris

Join the club...we've got jackets. :\

DMan176 said:
It's obvious that this set was put together by some 20-something moron who probably said to him or herself, "God, these are old fart songs! No one's gonna notice they're gone! Anyone over 30 is an old geezer anyway!"

Ouch......that hurt. :lol

I will be the first to admit that I hate 80's music with a burning, smoldering passion, but it was so integral to the "period piece"-ness to the show. It really does suck..but what can u do? Buy Region 2 i guess...

Samantha Beckett

Dman176 said:
It's obvious that this set was put together by some 20-something moron who probably said to him or herself, "God, these are old fart songs! No one's gonna notice they're gone! Anyone over 30 is an old geezer anyway!"
Samantha_Beckett said:
Ouch......that hurt. :lol
I was half-joking when I posted that. :p ;)

Damon

yeah another mother was the first episode where i noticed the music changes, and MIA is one i think disgusts us all.

the other one that i know is going to disgust me is taking "I Wanna Know What Love is" by foreigner, from Temptation Eyes, when they release season four in March.

Ouch......that hurt.

I will be the first to admit that I hate 80's music with a burning, smoldering passion, but it was so integral to the "period piece"-ness to the show. It really does suck..but what can u do? Buy Region 2 i guess...

Country Music I can understand, But how can you hate 80's music?

Al's Cigar said:
You guys need to get the UK R2 DVD sets, which include the right music:smokin

Yeah, i'm planning on that. I just got to buy a region free player, i have one in mind already, then re-buy the seasons in R2. I'll miss the subtitles tho...

Samantha Beckett