The leap back 2009 dress code?

That would be fun. I just don't know where to shop for a light up dress and earrings to match ;)

Count me in for dressing up!

Hmm... a special party? It appears I'm going to have to practice my sewing. I would love to go in costume, if I could sew!

And I'm hoping some brave guy will go as Sam as a woman. I'd love to see some guy do the Carmen Miranda outfit from Miss Deep South.

And I'm hoping some brave guy will go as Sam as a woman. I'd love to see some guy do the Carmen Miranda outfit from Miss Deep South.

That would take guts... and bananas.

I'd love to see lots of guys dressed as Al. And a few dressed as Gooshie. And... well, Sam could wear anything ... even a diaper... so I guess it's wear what you dare, guys! :p

I know... most of the QL women all dress so normally. Al's wardrobe is so much more fun, and Sam's wardrobe offers the opportunity to crossdress and not seem too weird.

Well, shoot, I'm hoping to go as Tina one day, then as "Albert-a" the next. If you like Al's outfits and you're a woman, just female-ize them! I know of a lot of people who did that with Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka; I've seen some really cool artwork of female-ized Wonkas. So why not do it with Al?

:Love To All:
~ Joy ~

LadyKayoss said:
I know... most of the QL women all dress so normally.

I don't know if it's so normal to wear a little cocktail party dress for everyday, but that's what we have to work with. ;) Think about what Tina and Verbena were wearing in The Leap Back. Even Donna was wearing a tight little dress.

I suppose a daring soul could wear the hooker get-up from Killin' Time, or maybe a swimsuit from the beauty pageant in Miss Deep South. That would not be me, however.

Well maybe a somewhat tight and stiff looking dress with lights all over it (and of course the high heels with the lights in back)

Hmmm I could possibly come up with something....I've certainly got enough time

W00t! Quantum Leap CosPlay. Awesome. Depending on the situation, I may wear my uniform . . . or an Al-style female dress.

My opinion, however, is that Verbena Beeks didn't dress quite so normally. Not as crazy as Al - but the bold red thing isn't Business Casual, for sure. And she wore light up earrings in The Leap Back with her purple ensemble. Donna was more reserved, but even her powder blue doll-style dress at the end had specific design . . . geometric shape cut outs at the collar (the costume designer did that a lot with Al's lapels too, I noticed).

I think - instead of mimicking the exact costumes (although we could certainly do that too) . . . we could all have the option of dressing in the crazy way that Don Bellisario envisioned people to be dressing, not necessarily specific characters. But things that the characters might wear (I know many of us have designed new ensembles for a our fanfictions - I've put Verbena in some interesting outfits).

Thoughts?

That's probably be the easiest. Especially with 'Killin' Time' we really get a view of how it would all 'look'.

I like it! Now I just have to get my imagination into gear to put a couple outfits together.

Snish said:
I don't know if it's so normal to wear a little cocktail party dress for everyday, but that's what we have to work with. ;) Think about what Tina and Verbena were wearing in The Leap Back. Even Donna was wearing a tight little dress.

I suppose a daring soul could wear the hooker get-up from Killin' Time, or maybe a swimsuit from the beauty pageant in Miss Deep South. That would not be me, however.

Ugh, that's right... They did all dress formally, didn't they? I won't be doing that; I stubbornly refuse to wear dresses (last time I was in one, it took my entire family to convince me) and I'm worse on heels than Sam is. Guess I'll just dress like a woman on the Leap side of the show; they, at least, dress casually. Usually.

LadyKayoss said:
Ugh, that's right... They did all dress formally, didn't they? I won't be doing that; I stubbornly refuse to wear dresses (last time I was in one, it took my entire family to convince me) and I'm worse on heels than Sam is. Guess I'll just dress like a woman on the Leap side of the show; they, at least, dress casually. Usually.

Ooh! You don't have to wear heels! You can get some bright pink All-Stars and lace them up with bright orange or neon green laces! Wear striped socks, maybe some faded capri jeans with some colorful patches or appliques . . . and a powder blue or sky blue sweatshirt with a yellow and white jersey . . .

Just a thought... ^.^

Definitly Dress UP! Its a convention and fans will be fans. I do agree on a masquarade party, which should be complete with a bar - with a fun drink menu named after the show - a DJ or band - I know of a great one in Southern California, give or take finances and budgeting.

CarolD said:
I'm thinking our EmCee Marc should be in full Al wear! What do you think, guys?

YES!!!! :hurray: Cigar required. You don't have to smoke it, but you gotta have one. Maybe if you ask very nicely Dean would lend you one. :D

This might sound like a dumb question, but can it be just a dress-up party? Or does it have to be QL related?

The reason I ask is because I have an awesome costume in mind... it's only SLIGHTLY QL related though...

Last edited:
Go for it, naggindragon! Sam never knows where he'll Leap in (or as whom). Put your creative instincts to full use!