Season 5 DVD Sci Fi Review

Sorry, but I disagree with the review.

The balance in the review was lost in one of the last sentences where the writer states it is weaker then the four seasons that preceded it (falling in the 'cancellation trap' which many a Doctor Who fan has fallen into).

Things calming down after LHO?? Yeah, the Trilogy and Evil Leaper episodes were cakewalks :rolleyes Not to mention Killin' Time (which he even praised!).

The writer also seems to have a problem with story arcs (which seems to reflect a problem with changing gears).

And how is becoming a bra-burning housewife NOT a social issue????

I have begun watching the Season 5 DVD's and after 5 episodes there is still not one dud amongst them (which can't be said of the other seasons, except perhaps season 1). It really annoys me that suddenly the actors get weak material according to this review..........uhhmmmm every Season has a handful of duds (or did they vanish???).

I honestly have problems taking these kind of reviews serious ('in the good old days..........').

I think it's funny he mentions a lack of social issues, as the fans I know say they didn't care for the fifth season because it got 'too preachy'.

But I did think the reviewer really did take a fair look at QL.