Chat about the con?

CarolD

Jul 15, 2006
New York
Hi all,

Would you guys be interested in a chat with the members of the con committee? I know I would be interested in hearing your thoughts, ideas, and concerns as we try to put this project together!

Carol

Don't know yet. One of our committee members is in Vegas at that ginormous Creation con for Trek's 40th anniversary (15,000 people...gaaaggghhh). We'll need to give her a week or two to grow some new nerve endings. So, maybe late August/early September?

I apoligize I have never posted before on here, and I have been here a while. But, I had a suggestion about the convention. I live in Vegas and I am definitly coming no matter price, day, time, whatever I am there. But, have you thought about (when you find the exact place) asking the companies in the surronding area and not so surronding area to buy an ad to place in, maybe your handouts. More like the Pamphlet that has autograph signings and guest appearances and start time, and they could put an add for one free night with one paid hotel room. Or maybe ask restaraunts to do the same. This might help the cost for any extras the committee would like to have within the convention. Most companies will jump at the chance to pay for an ad where it will reach so many people, this is very good business for them. The ads do not have to cost much to them, but for your convention it would do wonders.

It is just a suggestion on my part. I am an avid fan and can't wait for this convention, I actaully had to work the Star Trek convention here in town but never saw much of anyone of interest. I was hoping to see Scott Bakula but apparently he got his drinks from a different Bartender. Thank you for your time. Dulcinea

Thanks for the suggestion, Dulcinea! Yes, we're planning to approach a number of businesses to ask about ads in the program book. I hope you'll stop by for the chat and offer any other suggestions or questions you might have. (Tomorrow, Sept. 10, 3:00 p.m. Eastern time.) Just go to the Al's Place chatroom.

I had company and wasn't able to make the chat...will a transcript be posted???

I kept wondering where you were. Pity you missed it, it was fun, even though it got really late here and I missed a large bulk of it.

Thanks for posting that, now I can catch up on what I missed.