Quantum leap a leap between the towers

John64

Project QL Intern
Mar 20, 2018
Quantum Leap' is a Registered Trademark of MCA / Universal Studios. The 'Quantum Leap' logo and all images from the television series are copyright MCA / Universal Studios unless otherwise stated, and no infringement of copyright is intended

This is fan fiction and free for all to read and no money is made from this story.

Quantum leap a leap between the towers

Please be advised this story has been written like the Lee Harvey episode was on TV for quantum leap and has been written with the up most respect and is not intended to up set anyone this story is written in memory too all thoses who sadly passed away on that fatal day and this story like quantum leap itself is to explore the idea of "what if?" and to also show hope like the show itself showing that sometimes even in the most darkest of times there is always hope and that hope in this story is Dr Sam beckett.....

this story is dedicated to the memory of all those who sadly lose their lives plus dedicated to all the fire fighters and to the police officers who fought to save as many people as possible to all the heroes all of you are Sam becketts in your own right

Please note this adventure is set after mirror image and Sams present date is no longer 1999 when this story begins Sam has been leaping for another 5 years and Sams present day in project quantum leap is 2004.

Sam was travelling through time at a really high speed and he could feel him self leaping through time and his head was like a head rush of different memories flashing before his eyes at a really high speed some from his time as a leaper and some from his real life before he had even stepped into the project accelerator.

But he was hoping that his next leap would be the leap home......

Blue light flashed and Sam was leaping into his next host and after the waves of blue light washed over him he found himself in a police uniform and he was right next to towers he looked up high above him the whole area was cornered off by police cars and fire engines and people all around him was rushing away from the scene and the towers themselves they where on fire black smoke raising into the air from high above from both of the towers and sam says

"oh boy!"

Meanwhile at project quantum leap

Al walks into the control room and says to ziggy "have you found Sam yet?"

Ziggy remains silent.

"ziggy, ziggy I am talking to you where is Sam this time?"

Again ziggy doesn't speak.

"gooshie what's going on?"

The head programmer looks up from the console and says "ziggy has been silent since the leaping cycle was complete. I think she knows where Dr beckett is but is just too afraid to say anything. Al this may be a big leap this time?"

"don't say that all leaps in a way are big and important. Not one being less important than the next."

"of course"

Al taps the red button on the console on the time machine a blue beem of light hits ziggy and Al says his question again suddenly from asking his question.

News reports audio plays through the console but the audio isn't clear and Al says

"what's this?"

"not sure let's try tuneing init it more clearly" replys gooshie

Suddenly the audio comes through as clear as a summers morning and it's new reports from around the world reporting on the twin towers event Al slowly walking into the centre of the room and taps into the handlink smoking his cigar in deep thought with the device flashing in his hand flashing red, yellow, green and finally blue.

Al says out loud "oh boy... its September 11 2001 and Sam is in new York."

Al looks at the readings as if in disbelief and says " I need to go to Sam gooshie Sam needs all the help he can get on this one this time."

"and try and get some answers out of ziggy OK? "

"I am trying admiral but every time I try and get answers from ziggy she keeps playing more and more news reports on September 11 the whole machine is flooded with police reports, news and media coverage from all around the world reporting on the same event."

Gooshie turns off the audio playing through ziggy.

And In front of him displays more and more data of reports on the monitor on the console in front of gooshie.

" OK keep trying and keep making contact.... I am sure ziggy will talk soon. warm up the imaging chamber I hope Sams in a good mood"

"already have admiral and we have a lock.... No wait suddenly" two beems of light hits ziggy and the head programmer says "Sams leaped and landed"

"he's done what?"

"time location locked he's leaped a few months before the Disaster occurred."

"OK am going in"

Al taps into the handlink and the imaging chamber door opens and closes behind Al.

End of part one.

Last edited: