Quantum leap a leap between the towers part 3

John64

Project QL Intern
Mar 20, 2018
Quantum leap a leap between the towers

Part 3

The blue light flashes again and Sam finds himself in a bar sat down on a bar stool drinking a beer at the front of the bar and he looks at his own reflection in the mirror he sees a young man looking back at him from beyond the looking glass.

He quickly takes his wallet from his pants pocket and opens the wallet and he sees a police id card saying "Jacob masterson"

"OK good I am still him I am still Jacob good"

Another police officer walks up to Jacob and says

"how many times do I have to tell you, you're not surpose to drink on duty."

"forget that for a moment what's today's date?"

"what? What? I think you're had a few two many matey"

"quickly everything depends on it please tell me?"

"OK? It's August 11 2001" looking at Sam oddly.

"each leap is taking me closer to the disaster" Sam says outloud without thinking.

"leap? Are you OK buddy we need to go on partol."

"wait next month some thing bad really bad is going to happen and its, going to shank this country to the core...."

Suddenly the sound of the imaging chamber door opens and closes sounding with real difficulties the door opens half way and then goes all the way to the top and closes with not very much grace and ease and Al walks through the bar like a ghost and says

" it's not going to help Sam they won't believe you anyway"

Sam turns and says

"Al!"

The other cop says outloud after looking at Sams odd behavior

"you have problems matey I will wait for you in the car."

His partner leaves and Sam holds his beer up to his mouth saying

"Al do you have anything for me?"

Al taps the handlink and says

"we are zero for zero"

"why?"

"sam come over here and use one of the pay phones over there so you don't look like a crazy person to everyone OK"

Al disappears and reappears near the pay phones.

"OK"

Sam picks up the phone and puts it to his ear and says

"so Al do you have anything for me?"

"no ziggy has shut down Sam we had to put ziggy on emergency power supply for now just so I could come back here this time. ziggy is like a big paper weight at the moment a real number cruncher"

"so do you have any idea why I am bouncing through time, bouncing even closer to the disaster?"

"well all me and gooshie can put together for the moment is you must be here to uncover why the disaster happens or try to stop it but without ziggy we won't know for sure"

Al taps the handlink on the side and it groans.

"great just great"

Al says "we might have to push our emergency powers and send the request straight to the president because without ziggy we might not have a choice."

"I see"

"hang in there I'll go back to see if I can turn the power up on ziggy" and after a few taps on the link Al disappears

Sam puts the phone back down.

And as he approaches the bar area again suddenly a man pulls a knife out at him and aims it at Sam heart and the

Stranger says

"give me all your money! Now"

Sam puts his hands up and says

"trust me you don't want to do this?"

"shut up and give me all your money now!"

Sam says "look behind you quickly!"

The stranger is taken off guard and Sam kicks the knife out of his hand by doing a round house kick and he punches the man in the face and knocks him over off balance and with the man out cold falling on the floor Sam cuffs him and al appears next to Sam saying

"Sam you did it in the original history according to a newspaper we found you originally got killed in a knife fight and if you had lived you would of saved many lives on September 11."

Sam looks up and he flashes in blue light and finds himself in a cop car driving towards the two towers and Sam stops the car in the middle of the road and sees the time and date in the car still 2001 September 11 2001 and looks at himself with caution in the rear view mirror.

" oh boy"

End of part 3