Entertainment for Saturday evening

LeaperInTime

Project QL Intern
Hi All -
Its good to hear prices for the con have finally been announced. Still waiting on the host hotel, but aside from that. Awhile ago I suggested in case you did plan an evening party, to consider hiring Louie Cruz Beltran http://www.louiecruzbeltran.com of LA, whose the older brother of Robert Beltran from Star Trek: Voyager to entertain that night. He's an wonderful Latino bandleader I've partied and danced to in the past, at the past Galaxy Balls. I just wanted to remind you to give him a consideration, because, if you want to party all night, this is the man to call.

Just a suggestion.

Judy

Robert Beltran and I are old buddies and if you need me to float you a contact for his brother, I'll call Robert at home.

Of course..........since I'm a businessman, I'll need a down payment of 32 chicken livers and a bowl of possum stew. Is this possible?

Classical Theories said:
Robert Beltran and I are old buddies

Here I am... on my knees:bow .... thanking the wonderful Lord above that I DIDN'T post the comments I was going to post about Robert Beltran when Judy made the suggestion of Louis Cruz Beltran for the entertainment. Just for the record, they were definately fun and good natured comments but could have been soooooo misinterpreted on a message board, especially by a buddy. (thankyoulord, thankyoulord :bow )

I also was going to post that I thought Louis Cruz Beltran was a good idea having heard a little of his music, but as I can't possibly attend I thought perhaps it wouldn't matter what I thought.

However, if miracles do happen and I can turn up, I can probably help with the bowl of possum stew!!!!

I've heard there are lots of kinds marsupials in Australia, Bexter. Are there possums, as well?

Marc, we have plenty of possums here in Alabama, and I know of a chicken farm down the road...;)

Al The Observer said:
I've heard there are lots of kinds marsupials in Australia, Bexter. Are there possums, as well?

Actually ATO I had no idea that possums lived anywhere else but australia! So after a quick visit to wikipedia have discovered that what you have are opossums and what we have are possums named after opussums but are in fact totally unrelated!

But we actually don't have many possums around here, just kangaroos... lots and lots and lots of kangaroos, so it may be easier to provide Marc with some kangaroo tail soup courtesy of the massive amounts of road kill roundabouts, and the ones that come and fertilise (and eat) my front lawn every night.

And since this is totally unrelated to entertainment on the saturday night at leap back (unless of course they decide to have a quiz night and have some question relating to australian wildlife) then perhaps i better stop waffling now!! :lol

:lol Around here, people call them "possums", but I suppose that the correct spelling should be 'possums. We have lots of opossum/'possum road kill here, too.

People hit kangaroos with their cars? I would think that would do some serious damage to a vehicle!

I should stop waffling, as well. :)

Al The Observer said:
:lol Around here, people call them "possums", but I suppose that the correct spelling should be 'possums. We have lots of opossum/'possum road kill here, too.

So of course the question now is - did Marc mean possum stew or opussum stew? or do you think ATO (and everyone else reading) we may be delving into this a little too deeply?

Al The Observer said:
People hit kangaroos with their cars? I would think that would do some serious damage to a vehicle!

Oh you have NO idea!!!!! our car has a broken light, and we are fortunate, the big reds can total your car and do so rather frequently. From here to town (10 km's) I usually have to dodge at least 1-2 during day and 4-5 at dusk and i travel back and forwards 2-3 times a day. I have been here 2.5 years so shows how good I'm getting at it, kangaroo dodge that is - not driving,:p I dont' think I'll ever be good at that. (btw: hubby hit the kangaroo that gave us the broken light, not me!!!!!)

Snish said:
Well, if Marc is demanding payment in Australian possum stew, he may be pricing himself out of the market. :D

Well that all depends Snish on how good Louis Cruz Beltran actually is? For all we know he could be sooo good its worth possum stew, kangaroo tail soup AND a bowl of widgety grubs cooked in garlic!:lol

oh!! and lets not forget the chicken livers!

LISTEN YOU BACKWOODS HILLBILLIES!!! I SAID POSSUM STEW!!! IF I DON'T GET 'EM IN 2 QUICK HOURS, I'M TAKING ALL OF 'YE TO THE WOOD SHED (that's past the cement pond you morons) AND SPANK YOU ALL WITH JETHRO'S BOOT!!

NOW GET MY DANG MEAL!!! MY STOMACH'S WHISTLIN' DIXIE!!!

I HATE DIXIE!!!!

Just a moment, sir. Allow me to consult my book...

possum_cookbook.jpg